PDA

View Full Version : An opinion on Borchard

Daver
12-28-2002, 03:17 PM
From prospect report.com

1. Joe Borchard - Chicago White Sox - Born: 11/25/78 - ETA: 2003
NOTES: Along with Mark Teixeira, Borchard is one of the top power prospects in the game. There is no doubt he will hit, and hit with authority, despite his 139 strikeouts However, there is a good chance he will be pushed to a corner outfield spot. He's a big guy, but if Lance Berkman can patrol the hill in ex-Enron then Borchard can handle center. ChiSox brass thinks he could use some more time in AAA-Charlotte but he will likely push his way into Chicago by the end of the year. He has the potential to be one of the top hitters in the baseball and at the very least should be an above average slugger.

You can read the top ten CF prospects here. (http://www.prospectreport.com/special/centerfield.shtm)

RKMeibalane
12-29-2002, 12:51 AM
I would like to see Borchard in center eventually, with Maggs and Lee flanking him. I have a feeling that Jeff Liefer will be released as soon as Borchard is ready. Rowand is capable of being the fourth outfielder the Sox need, and Harris will probably see some time in the outfield whenever Manuel decides to "tinker" with the lineup by playing Tony Graffanino at second base.

RedPinStripes
12-29-2002, 01:08 AM
Let 's hope his K's go down and I'll be thinking he'll be one of the most feared in the AL. Until then , i'm not sure.

duke of dorwood
12-29-2002, 03:02 PM
K's wont go down too much if he is to be a pure power hitter. Frank was always the exception to this until recently.

Daver
12-29-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Let 's hope his K's go down and I'll be thinking he'll be one of the most feared in the AL. Until then , i'm not sure.

Striking out a lot hasn't hurt Jim Thome,every team in the AL Central is happy as hell he went to the Phillies. :redneck

RedPinStripes
12-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by daver
Striking out a lot hasn't hurt Jim Thome,every team in the AL Central is happy as hell he went to the Phillies. :redneck

That's true.