PDA

View Full Version : Get any Sox items as gifts?

nut_stock
12-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Merry Christmas everyone.....
I was pleasantly suprised with a replica 1972 White Sox cap. Anyone else get Sox related presents?

pearso66
12-26-2002, 12:16 AM
i was going to get my brother a sox jersey, but i decided against it, but i did get a PK bobble head doll for my b-day a month ago

WinningUgly!
12-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I was almost shutout on Sox gifts. The only thing I ended up with was a hat...tan with black bill & logo. No season tickets. :whiner:

jeremyb1
12-26-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Merry Christmas everyone.....
I was pleasantly suprised with a replica 1972 White Sox cap. Anyone else get Sox related presents?

i got a 2003 sox all-star game shirt. i was rather pleased with that.

WhiteSox = Life
12-26-2002, 03:16 AM
I didn't get any White Sox items, but I got a couple albums and a t-shirt - all of TMBG. But, if my White Sox Christmas present comes at the end of October 2003, I don't mind waiting at all! :D:

:reinsy
"Ha! You're expecting a World Series Championship for my White Sox? How about this? My present to all you 'White Sox fans' is that I'm going to keep this team in Chicago for at least one more year. With the way you guys attend ballgames, you should be lucky you still have a team to root for at all! Merry Christmas? I say, bah humbug and the like."

34 Inch Stick
12-26-2002, 07:45 AM
I almost was entirely skunked on sports related presents. I did get an 8 foot tall bears blowup for the lawn. It's kind of interesting but I don't think I will ever put it up.

whitesoxwilkes
12-26-2002, 08:10 AM
I got a Sox long sleeved tshirt from the girlfriend's parents..pretty impressive considering they're Twinkie fans.

MarkEdward
12-26-2002, 11:08 AM
I got a road-grey Sox jersey. I'm probably going to put "Crede" on the back.

Foulke You
12-26-2002, 11:15 AM
I got the excellent coffee table book "Park Life" all about the summer of 1977 at Old Comiskey Park, a 2003 White Sox calendar, a commemorative plate with all the Sox jerseys on it with the slogan "One Team. One Town.", and an old White Sox yearbook from the 60's. What can I say? My family and friends know what I like. :D:

Iwritecode
12-26-2002, 11:40 AM
I got a black Maggs jersey and of course weekend passes to Soxfest w/ the two-night stay in the hotel.

I'm not sure if I'm more excited about going to Soxfest, taking off work for 3 days, or having an entire weekend to just my me and my wife, a couple friends and no kids... :smile:

HITMEN OF 77
12-26-2002, 01:01 PM
I got the '64-'67 White Sox cap, which now collection is complete. Now I need to start filling the holes in my jersey collection. Can you still get remakes of the '68-'70 jerseys anywhere?

Bobby Thigpen
12-26-2002, 02:16 PM
I got a shirt with the logo from the early 80s (the navy and red batter that said Sox under the batter), a fitted hat from that era, and an ornament with the 1917 logo the Sox wore a couple of years ago on Sunday's that lists their world championships. But probably the best present I got was a Walter Payton jersey. A very good Christmas indeed. :smile:

CHISOXFAN13
12-26-2002, 02:18 PM
I was lucky enough to receive a nice sized framed picture with all the jerseys in it that simply states: Chicago White Sox Baseball- A south side obsession. I also got a cool lokking chalkboard that obviously came from a craft show which has the sox logo on it along with a countdown to opening day. It's actually pretty cool. Still need new jerseys to replace my road gray Durham, Lofton sleeveless and now "old" Rowand alternate.

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

hose
12-26-2002, 05:50 PM
I got a Sox wall clock, it was even made in the USA, believe it or not.

I bought some Sox coffee mugs for my Dad, brothers and brother -in-law. (3 out 4 are sox fans) The mugs were actually pretty nice, they had all the different jerseys over the history of the White Sox.

Foulke You
12-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I was lucky enough to receive a nice sized framed picture with all the jerseys in it that simply states: Chicago White Sox Baseball- A south side obsession. I also got a cool lokking chalkboard that obviously came from a craft show which has the sox logo on it along with a countdown to opening day. It's actually pretty cool. Still need new jerseys to replace my road gray Durham, Lofton sleeveless and now "old" Rowand alternate.

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

I feel your pain brother. My black Foulke #29 jersey is suddenly out of date. Fortunately I still have a Maggs jersey. I'm debating between Konerko or Buehrle for a replacement.

Daver
12-26-2002, 07:06 PM
I got a pair of socks,does that count?

:redneck

whitesoxwilkes
12-26-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by daver
I got a pair of socks,does that count?

:redneck

are they white?

Daver
12-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
are they white?

No,their grey with a black battery pack.

whitesoxwilkes
12-26-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by daver
No,their grey with a black battery pack.

To leep your feet warm while you're out hunting Mariotti? Good stuff.

Daver
12-26-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
To leep your feet warm while you're out hunting Mariotti? Good stuff.

I think anyone could out hunt Jay,warm feet or not.

:fluffy

Jay couldn't hit an airplane hanger with a watermelon.......

Chrisaway
12-27-2002, 02:03 AM
I got a Thomas jersey. I've wanted one since i was 11.

Hangar18
12-27-2002, 09:05 AM
I got the "Illustrated History of the Chicago White Sox" book for xmas. Its pretty cool. every year, for my nephew, younger cousins, and a couple of my friends, I give them something Sox related. This year, I gave out like 12 tshirts, that had embroidered "white sox baseball" in black, they look cool.
Also bought my nephew the Home White Jersey for xmas...
think hes putting Maggs # on it

IOWA SOXMAN
12-27-2002, 09:44 AM
I bought myself a WSI t-shirt and gave two more as presents. They make great gifts!

sox_fan_forever
12-27-2002, 11:24 AM
I didn't get much in the way of baseball stuff either this year. The only thing I got are pencils with the Sox logo on them. lol

Iwritecode
12-27-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
I didn't get much in the way of baseball stuff either this year. The only thing I got are pencils with the Sox logo on them. lol

Ouch. I can get those for free at the bowling alley I go to every Friday night. As a matter of fact, I already have a few...

:)

jortafan
12-27-2002, 08:06 PM
I got a book, entitled "Saying It's So," by Daniel Nathan. It purports to be a new volume on the whole Black Sox affair and how it affected baseball. I'm just starting to read it, but does anyone out there know anything about it? Is it any good? Or do I have a best friend who's buying me overwrought garbage? Seriously, I'd appreciate any info any of you know about this.

Fisk72
12-28-2002, 12:00 AM
This was definitely a White Sox (and white) Christmas. My b-day is in the beginning of the month, so my gf got me a replica '59 Aparicio home jersey. I practically pissed in my pants because I was drooling over it at the 1st level gift shop behind home plate all last season. I also got a mousepad with a "painting" of Old Comiskey Park from some guy in Galena. For Christmas, she got me this cool watch that lets you somehow download each season's schedule and it plays take me out to the ballgame as each home game starts. Plus I got a replica copy of the 1933 All Star Game scorecard. Now, if only I could get a nice little envelope next year giving me ownership of the team....

Rocklive99
12-28-2002, 01:09 AM
Soxfest tickets