PDA

View Full Version : I will never understand


Bmr31
08-12-2001, 12:38 AM
why you guys jump from "we are horrible" to "we will win the division". The fact is this current team is average.

doublem23
08-12-2001, 12:43 AM
I jumped.

BTW,

:burly :maggs :caballo :wright :keith
are not average

The Mariners are just good. If this is ANY other team, we win and we're all happy.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I jumped.

BTW,

:burly :maggs :caballo :wright :keith
are not average

The Mariners are just good. If this is ANY other team, we win and we're all happy.

our TEAM is average. What is our record?????????

ode to veeck
08-12-2001, 12:46 AM
bmr, now you're saying average, a minute ago you were saying aa, what would you be saying if fouKEE had got one more strike on any of those last four batters?!

I didn't hear a cacophony of "we're winning the division" posts here, we're just all hard core sox fans who wanna believe this team can pull itself together on guts (like last night) and a smattering of good young talent here and there (wright and buhrlie and rowand etc) ... especially when neither one of the teams only a few games ahead of us can win games to save their a__

WinningUgly!
08-12-2001, 12:47 AM
Maybe it's because of the way this team keeps picking itself back up over & over again. Yeah we lose everytime we get to the .500 mark, but don't forget that not all that long ago this team was 15 games under .500 & went on a tear that "average teams" are not capable of. Like it or not Bmr, this team is a winning streak away from being in the middle of a divisional race.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
bmr, now you're saying average, a minute ago you were saying aa, what would you be saying if fouKEE had got one more strike on any of those last four batters?!

I didn't hear a cacophony of "we're winning the division" posts here, we're just all hard core sox fans who wanna believe this team can pull itself together on guts (like last night) and a smattering of good young talent here and there (wright and buhrlie and rowand etc) ... especially when neither one of the teams only a few games ahead of us can win games to save their a__

id be saying..... we are 1 game over .500 and we are an average team, like ive been saying for months....dont try to challenge my consistency, im nothing, if not consistent.

ode to veeck
08-12-2001, 12:51 AM
bmr who cares about our record ... if we can beat teams like the mariners and somehow make the playoffs

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
bmr who cares about our record ... if we can beat teams like the mariners and somehow make the playoffs


LOL, PLEASE. Make the playoffs and do what? send Dan Wright out there in the 2nd game? IM as big of a sox fan as you will ever meet, but im also a knowledgable baseball fan. THis current sox team is nowhere close to a playoff team, and if it were to make it to the playoffs, it would embarass itself even more than last year. Lets just be realistic and continue to be postive and build for the future. These 2001 playoff dreams are assanine.

Chisox353014
08-12-2001, 01:00 AM
THis current sox team is nowhere close to a playoff team, and if it were to make it to the playoffs, it would embarass itself even more than last year. Lets just be realistic and continue to be postive and build for the future. These 2001 playoff dreams are assanine.

Well, as long as teams as crappy as the Flubs and Twins are leading divisions, I refuse to stop dreaming about a 2001 Sox playoff appearance. Even after a loss like tonight's.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014


Well, as long as teams as crappy as the Flubs and Twins are leading divisions, I refuse to stop dreaming about a 2001 Sox playoff appearance. Even after a loss like tonight's.


dream all you want but also face the facts....

pudge
08-12-2001, 01:05 AM
Tonight was the last straw. 6.5 is too far in 1.5 months... if we could have grabbed a game tonight and took some momentum, maybe... sh*t!! I agree we'd get killed in the play-offs, but it would be a kick to steal the division... but that's not gonna happen now.

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2001, 01:09 AM
Don't be so sure. The Sox have been floundering around .500 and gaining ground. The Twins and the Toons are both skidding. A very short hot streak could put the Sox right back in the hunt. The AL central ain't that good folks.

doublem23
08-12-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Tonight was the last straw. 6.5 is too far in 1.5 months... if we could have grabbed a game tonight and took some momentum, maybe... sh*t!! I agree we'd get killed in the play-offs, but it would be a kick to steal the division... but that's not gonna happen now.

What's the difference between a 6 1/2 game deficit yesterday and a 6 1/2 game deficit today? I game? 1 god damn game? After yesterday, I'm going to shut my yapper until we are mathematically eliminated from play-off contention.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Don't be so sure. The Sox have been floundering around .500 and gaining ground. The Twins and the Toons are both skidding. A very short hot streak could put the Sox right back in the hunt. The AL central ain't that good folks.


oh god.........

Chisox353014
08-12-2001, 01:17 AM
dream all you want but also face the facts...

I don't think anyone here really expects to win the division now. But to just write off the rest of the season when we are 6.5 out and still have 14 games left against the 2 teams ahead of us? The Twins are something like 9-21 since the Break. They can't be caught? Cleveland has no consistent starters. We've played them tough this year and have 8 games left against them. I don't think we will win the division, but why nail people for even thinking that it's still possible?

ode to veeck
08-12-2001, 01:18 AM
dream all you want but also face the facts....

the facts is that bmr will consistently post the most negative sox karma crap until he's blue in the face

never root for the sox not to make the playoffs cause you're afraid to see what happens, if manos and maggs thought like that we'd be down by the rangers right now

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
dream all you want but also face the facts....

the facts is that bmr will consistently post the most negative sox karma crap until he's blue in the face

never root for the sox not to make the playoffs cause you're afraid to see what happens, if manos and maggs thought like that we'd be down by the rangers right now


you can always tell when someone is losing a debate or has no clue what to say when they start putting false words in someones mouth. i NEVER said im not rooting for the sox to make the playoffs. THE SOX DONT HAVE THE TALENT TO make the playoffs and are an average team.

ode to veeck
08-12-2001, 01:25 AM
LOL, PLEASE. Make the playoffs and do what? send Dan Wright out there in the 2nd game? IM as big of a sox fan as you will ever meet, but im also a knowledgable baseball fan. THis current sox team (blah, blah, blah)

uuuh bmr, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't wright just pitch 7 2/3, giving up only 1 run and two walks against the best team in baseball? you're starting to sound like the post of the week salesman 'with a mouth full of samples'.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
LOL, PLEASE. Make the playoffs and do what? send Dan Wright out there in the 2nd game? IM as big of a sox fan as you will ever meet, but im also a knowledgable baseball fan. THis current sox team (blah, blah, blah)

uuuh bmr, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't wright just pitch 7 2/3, giving up only 1 run and two walks against the best team in baseball? you're starting to sound like the post of the week salesman 'with a mouth full of samples'.


he sure did....and he would be ****ing SHELLED in a playoff game....

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31



he sure did....and he would be ****ing SHELLED in a playoff game....

Once again, because you said so? Or is there some major difference about a playoff game, like maybe different rules?

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox


Once again, because you said so? Or is there some major difference about a playoff game, like maybe different rules?


no because the history of baseball tells me pitchers with 1 months experience dont start playoff games and succeed...

doublem23
08-12-2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
he sure did....and he would be ****ing SHELLED in a playoff game....

Um, that isn't a fact until i happens.

Or else I could go around saying, Mark Buehrle is the 2001 American League Cy Young Award Winner, because I say so!

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


Um, that isn't a fact until i happens.

Or else I could go around saying, Mark Buehrle is the 2001 American League Cy Young Award Winner, because I say so!


I base my statements on facts, whether you want to recognize that or not....

ode to veeck
08-12-2001, 01:32 AM
THis current sox team is nowhere close to a playoff team, and if it were to make it to the playoffs, it would embarass itself even more than last year.

gee, sure sounds like you were 'afraid' they'd make the playoffs

a diehard sox fan, more like a dead sox fan, spirit wise that is
where's your spirit dude? they have miracle drugs for all the depressive stuff these days... if you don't like that, try the "natural" way, turn into a scrubs fan (the opiate of the masses)

doublem23
08-12-2001, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
no because the history of baseball tells me pitchers with 1 months experience dont start playoff games and succeed...

but in the other thread (or somewhere) you said there are always variables to EVERY rule, so to say that Wright will 100% guaranteed to be shelled in the play-offs contradicts yourself.

Maybe you should have said he'd be Freaking SHELLED (not as drastic as ****ing.)

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


but in the other thread (or somewhere) you said there are always variables to EVERY rule, so to say that Wright will 100% guaranteed to be shelled in the play-offs contradicts yourself.

Maybe you should have said he'd be Freaking SHELLED (not as drastic as ****ing.)


once again, as usual, when did i say 100 percent guaranteed, shelled????

doublem23
08-12-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I base my statements on facts, whether you want to recognize that or not....

But its a fact that most Cy Young award winners are good pitchers, and damn, from my point of view, Mark Buerhle is a good pitcher!

doublem23
08-12-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
once again, as usual, when did i say 100 percent guaranteed, shelled????

Well, when you say "He'd get ****ing SHELLED", it just doesn't send the message that you think there is any other possible outcome.

Like, if I were to say, the Sox are going to get ****ing SHELLED by Seattle tomorrow, would you really assume that I just forgot to mention, "but they might not. It's not a 100% guarantee..."

I sure as hell wouldn't.

ode to veeck
08-12-2001, 01:46 AM
I base my statements on facts, whether you want to recognize that or not....

Interesting use of the word facts here ...
in this context (coming from bmr), it has absolutely no concrete meaning whatsoever ...

(based on the total lack of concretefacts or references bmr has used in a number of preposterous posts this evening)

excuse me bmr, but I think you are getting f___ing shelled tonight!

WinningUgly!
08-12-2001, 02:28 AM
<b>no because the history of baseball tells me pitchers with 1 months experience dont start playoff games and succeed...</b>



I seem to remember Livan Hernandez in 1997 having a fairly decent post season. He had less than 100 major league innings under his belt....

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


Well, when you say "He'd get ****ing SHELLED", it just doesn't send the message that you think there is any other possible outcome.

Like, if I were to say, the Sox are going to get ****ing SHELLED by Seattle tomorrow, would you really assume that I just forgot to mention, "but they might not. It's not a 100% guarantee..."

I sure as hell wouldn't.


of course i dont think there would be another outcome. HE WOULD get SHELLED. BUt i never guaranteed it. And yes, anyone with a brain would assume what you said is just your opinion and not a guarantee. I Just happed to believe in my opinions, strongly.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
THis current sox team is nowhere close to a playoff team, and if it were to make it to the playoffs, it would embarass itself even more than last year.

gee, sure sounds like you were 'afraid' they'd make the playoffs

a diehard sox fan, more like a dead sox fan, spirit wise that is
where's your spirit dude? they have miracle drugs for all the depressive stuff these days... if you don't like that, try the "natural" way, turn into a scrubs fan (the opiate of the masses)

They also have drugs for all those psychotic dillusions you seem to have....

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
<b>no because the history of baseball tells me pitchers with 1 months experience dont start playoff games and succeed...</b>



I seem to remember Livan Hernandez in 1997 having a fairly decent post season. He had less than 100 major league innings under his belt....

Why must i need to repeat myself??? THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE! Rookie starters do not succeed in the playoffs, IN GENERAL.

oldcomiskey
08-12-2001, 09:52 AM
Like the great Indian catcher Jake Taylor said--theres only one thing left to do---win thw whole F--ing thing

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Like the great Indian catcher Jake Taylor said--theres only one thing left to do---win thw whole F--ing thing


I hope you meant in 2003 or 2004?

Tragg
08-14-2001, 10:06 PM
The pitchers, rookies or not, are doing their job.

We have to get durham, lee and konerko squared away offensively, toute suite.
Singleton, johnson and clayton are lost causes (offensively).

And keeping on the theme, tonight is what you call a "cheap save" for Foulke - I do, however, think he's one of the best closers, which, imo, doesn't mean much.

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
The pitchers, rookies or not, are doing their job.

We have to get durham, lee and konerko squared away offensively, toute suite.
Singleton, johnson and clayton are lost causes (offensively).

And keeping on the theme, tonight is what you call a "cheap save" for Foulke - I do, however, think he's one of the best closers, which, imo, doesn't mean much.

no pressure and keith is tough to hit

LuvChiSox
08-15-2001, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014


I don't think anyone here really expects to win the division now. But to just write off the rest of the season when we are 6.5 out and still have 14 games left against the 2 teams ahead of us? The Twins are something like 9-21 since the Break. They can't be caught? Cleveland has no consistent starters. We've played them tough this year and have 8 games left against them. I don't think we will win the division, but why nail people for even thinking that it's still possible?

I've been going back and forth with this and I have to agree that I really don't think we can win the division, but I also think that it is not an impossibility. A big test will be how we do against Oakland, which is a team on a tear. If we swept Oakland, then I would be more likely to think we had the stuff to win the division.

Bmr31
08-15-2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox


I've been going back and forth with this and I have to agree that I really don't think we can win the division, but I also think that it is not an impossibility. A big test will be how we do against Oakland, which is a team on a tear. If we swept Oakland, then I would be more likely to think we had the stuff to win the division.

TO have expectations of winning the division, with this current team, is a little overboard.