PDA

View Full Version : Fick?

hold2dibber
12-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Fick was non-tendered by the Tigres, making him a free agent. I know we all have bad memories of him for the melee in '00, but the guy can play OF, 1b and C, hits lefty and has some pop in his bat. I think he'd be a good pick up to replace Liefer in a utility role, and probably wouldn't cost much more. I wouldn't be surprised if the Braves or Red Sox make a run at him to solve their problems at 1B.

Unregistered
12-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Man, i HATE that guy...

Hullett_Fan
12-20-2002, 04:38 PM
I think he'd be a good pick up to replace Liefer in a utility role, and probably wouldn't cost much more

Why not?? He'd add some spark to this unconscious team.

RedPinStripes
12-20-2002, 05:06 PM
He can play LF better then someone we all know.

MetalliSox
12-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Detroit will pay Higginson $10 mil a year but non-tender their all star? Fick is a scrapper. Is McMillon running the Tigers along with the Lions? This is awful.

Sox should of signed Fick rather then Alomar. Fick killed us with his bat a lot of times.

doublem23
12-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He can play LF better then someone we all know.

He can catch better then someone else we know, too.

:versatile
Me run FAST!

pudge
12-20-2002, 07:19 PM
I will say his name jumped out on the list of new FA's... we need a lefty, right?? Would love to have him - he is a consistent guy... not huge numbers, but seems to get 1-2 hits every night.

Bobby Thigpen
12-20-2002, 08:12 PM
I think Fick's cup would have been a better signing than Alomar. :smile:

WinningUgly!
12-20-2002, 09:39 PM
And we thought this organization had problems...

Cutting loose you're pathetic team's only All-Star? Yeah, Alan Trammell is loving his job already. :D:

RichH55
12-20-2002, 10:16 PM
Fick would be a good aquistion...no reason we cant still bring him along even with Sandy on board....But Im not willing to pay Fick all that much

WinningUgly!
12-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Fick would be a good aquistion...no reason we cant still bring him along even with Sandy on board....But Im not willing to pay Fick all that much

Adding Fick would definitely make Josh Paul, Sandy Alomar & Jeff Liefer expendable. (like they're not already :D: )

"Hmmn, you say Fick can catch, play firstbase & the outfield, plus he was an all-star last season? We already have a player with that kind of versatility!"
:KW
:versatile

voodoochile
12-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Foulke's gone, so there would be less to worry about from the team chemistry perspective also...

chisox06
12-20-2002, 11:57 PM
If it did happen I tell ya the guy would have to earn my respect. After the stunt he pulled in that big brawl (Giving fans the middle finger while he got beer dumped on his head). Also, as Williams stated, the sox are looking for better team chemistry and Fick isnt exactly a cuddly little teddy bear.

doublem23
12-21-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
If it did happen I tell ya the guy would have to earn my respect. After the stunt he pulled in that big brawl (Giving fans the middle finger while he got beer dumped on his head).

Better than the comatose players we have now.

hold2dibber
12-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
If it did happen I tell ya the guy would have to earn my respect. After the stunt he pulled in that big brawl (Giving fans the middle finger while he got beer dumped on his head). Also, as Williams stated, the sox are looking for better team chemistry and Fick isnt exactly a cuddly little teddy bear.

I don't think KW is looking for cuddly little teddy bears (I certainly hope not). I think he's looking for scappers, guys with guts, guys who hate losing, guys who give their all every day, every play. I think Fick fits that description.

Ol Aches & Pains
12-22-2002, 06:46 PM
Don't mind if I do.

kermittheefrog
12-22-2002, 06:55 PM
I hope Kenny is looking for guys that can hit and if he is Fick is the man. He'd be a great backup catcher and utility guy.