PDA

View Full Version : An Inside Look @ the Renovations

Viva Magglio
12-20-2002, 08:17 AM
Today (Friday) and Monday, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., will be your only chances to go to the Comiskey Park gift shop and get a first hand view of the renovations taking place. The gift store is open for holiday shopping. I was there yesterday.

There are no major structural changes being made to the seating areas, unlike the previous two offseasons. The outfield and upper deck concourses are under wraps because they are being made to look like the main concourse. As we already know, the white outfield tubing has been painted black. Black is also the color of the upper deck overhang. The bare concrete facades of the club levels and upper deck have been painted gray. And contrary to what Hawk & D.J. said in a broadcast last season, a new scoreboard is not being installed. The current one is still there.

dickallen15
12-20-2002, 08:38 AM
They are replacing the Jumbotron with a new one.

Viva Magglio
12-20-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15

Will the difference really be noticeable?

dickallen15
12-20-2002, 09:08 AM
No. I think it will be just like the old one.

Foulke You
12-20-2002, 12:29 PM
I took some pictures of the renovations from the outside of the park last Sunday and will hopefully have them posted (if i can figure out how to post pictures here :D: ) within the next several days. A Christmas gift from Foulke You.

steff
12-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15

They are just replacing the screen which sustained some damage from weather last winter.

Jerry_Manuel
12-20-2002, 10:58 PM
They can still add a new scoreboard. Not saying they will, but in theory they have plenty of time to do so.

chisox06
12-21-2002, 01:27 AM
Pretty anti-climatic considering some of the rumors (and even pics) that have been goin around. I dont expect any more stuctural changes until Comiskey can find some Corporate sponsorship.