PDA

View Full Version : Fu*ck Foulke

Streets
08-12-2001, 01:19 AM
Keith you F*cking Suck!

Jjav829
08-12-2001, 01:20 AM
I say the same. I couldn't care less right now what his numbers are or how many saves he has or what his ERA is. He just blew one of the most important games of the year for us. One which could have brought us within 5.5 games of the top of the division.

doublem23
I think it had to do with the fact that he threw 1 pitch in the 8th and then sat through that 9th inning (good one, Ray).

If Foulke started in the 9th, he saves this game... but then, if Foulke doesn't start in the 8th, we probably don't have to play the bottom of the 9th.

Catch-22.

WindyCityHusker
I'd much rather have him than someone like Rocker, there are a lotta closers a lot worse than Foulke....man...I'm glad it's so late, easier to go to bed

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2001, 01:21 AM
I'm sure glad I'm not a closer.

Jjav829
08-12-2001, 01:22 AM
I'd much rather have him than someone like Rocker, there are a lotta closers a lot worse than Foulke....man...I'm glad it's so late, easier to go to bed

Yeah, I'll be getting to sleep real quick after this one. Maybe I'll count how many times that inning plays over in my head while Im trying to fall asleep.

doublem23
08-12-2001, 01:23 AM
I'm sure glad I'm a left fielder.

Oh wait, no I'm not. I'm too dangerous out there, so I get to play third! Yay!

Not that I'm bitter.

oldcomiskey
08-12-2001, 10:36 AM
wait a minute--whoa--youre all nuts---How many saves has he blown this year---2 that I can remember..And if Ray Ray would get off his dead ass and knock someone in like in the ninth those runs dont mean jack

Pin Wheels
08-12-2001, 10:42 AM
Hey, it happens. Foulke is still one of the best closers out there in my opinion.

FarWestChicago
08-12-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
wait a minute--whoa--youre all nuts---How many saves has he blown this year---2 that I can remember..And if Ray Ray would get off his dead ass and knock someone in like in the ninth those runs dont mean jack

While it's true Ray couldn't hurt us any more even if he was playing for the opposition, Foulke is not blameless. If Ray would have knocked a guy in when he should have, the lead would still have been lost after that last double with the M's still batting. And the problem with Keith is when he blows saves. Game 1 of the playoffs last year. Game 1 in the Roller Dome a while back. That was a huge game. Last night we had a chance to gain ground on the Toons and Twinks, who had lost to the dregs of the AL, while we were playing the best. He seems to struggle when the magnitude of the situation is great.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I say the same. I couldn't care less right now what his numbers are or how many saves he has or what his ERA is. He just blew one of the most important games of the year for us. One which could have brought us within 5.5 games of the top of the division.

Thank you for having a clue... :)

oldcomiskey
08-12-2001, 03:57 PM
and wed still be 5.5 back if sasaki dont blow up--we won one we shouldve lost and lost one we shouldve won--but the important thing is we proved to ourselves that we can play with these guys--and if it were not for Foulke we wouldnt even be in the position to challenge for the division...or would you rather have Dennis Lamp or Bob James back

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
and wed still be 5.5 back if sasaki dont blow up--we won one we shouldve lost and lost one we shouldve won--but the important thing is we proved to ourselves that we can play with these guys--and if it were not for Foulke we wouldnt even be in the position to challenge for the division...or would you rather have Dennis Lamp or Bob James back

id rather have a real closer who can strike out a batter with the game on the line.....

oldcomiskey
08-12-2001, 04:08 PM
who cares how he gets him out as long as he does--and keith will succeed more times than not--all im saying is if sasaki can blow a save it can happen to anyone

Tragg
08-12-2001, 06:09 PM
It does make a difference because a strikeout pitcher can get you out of jams. Foulke is rarely required to get us out of real jams (bags loaded, no one out, e.g.). He comes in with 2 out and 2 on sometimes, but usually it's one or zero on.
He created his own jam last night and couldn't get out of it. He couldn't get out of a jam created by someone else last sunday, and allowed inherited runners to score.

Bmr31
08-12-2001, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
It does make a difference because a strikeout pitcher can get you out of jams. Foulke is rarely required to get us out of real jams (bags loaded, no one out, e.g.). He comes in with 2 out and 2 on sometimes, but usually it's one or zero on.
He created his own jam last night and couldn't get out of it. He couldn't get out of a jam created by someone else last sunday, and allowed inherited runners to score.

ahhhhhh there is intelligent life out there lol :)