PDA

View Full Version : KW on the Score Tonight

Viva Magglio
12-18-2002, 03:07 PM
He'll be live in the studio at 6:30 p.m. with Dan Jiggetts. I'm surprised KW didn't stipulate that Hub be there instead so that KW would not have to take any heat.

:KW
It's not my show, but I'm on that show.

OneDog
12-18-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
He'll be live in the studio at 6:30 p.m. with Dan Jiggetts. I'm surprised KW didn't stipulate that Hub be there instead so that KW would not have to take any heat.

The first question they should ask him is how come he hasn't pulled the damn trigger on anything yet.

the second question they should ask him is how come he keeps letting Billy Beane take him to the woodshed.

RibbieRubarb
12-18-2002, 05:02 PM
I have to give Kenny credit for one thing...As beaten up as he is in the media and by the fans, he will go on the radio like a man and take it! Other GM's will hide behind people (like Hub) or never even come on the air.
Still...
PULL THE TRIGGER~!!!!

hose
12-18-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I will be listening for sure, thanks for the tip off

hose
12-18-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by RibbieRubarb
I have to give Kenny credit for one thing...As beaten up as he is in the media and by the fans, he will go on the radio like a man and take it! Other GM's will hide behind people (like Hub) or never even come on the air.
Still...
PULL THE TRIGGER~!!!!

I agree , KW does make himself available.

RKMeibalane
12-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by hose
I agree , KW does make himself available.

I wonder if Reinsdorf forces him to make these appearances, so JR can hide from the media. He may be setting KW up as another in the long line of White Sox scapegoats if things don't work out.

Lip Man 1
12-18-2002, 06:56 PM
Since WSCR is not available over the Internet, could someone PLEASE take copious nots and post them here so all can see the "wisdom" of Uncle Jerry's latest "yes man."

Many thanks.

Lip

DrCrawdad
12-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Since WSCR is not available over the Internet, could someone PLEASE take copious nots and post them here so all can see the "wisdom" of Uncle Jerry's latest "yes man."

Many thanks.

Lip

I'm not quick enuff with the keys to transcribe the whole interview, but this (I think first) caller just nailed KW.

"Name one good trade that you've made...moves scare me..."

KW responded by saying that he appreciated the callers passion. KW also said that he instructed the Score not to screen the calls.

Jjav829
12-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I'm not quick enuff with the keys to transcribe the whole interview, but this (I think first) caller just nailed KW.

"Name one good trade that you've made...moves scare me..."

KW responded by saying that he appreciated the callers passion. KW also said that he instructed the Score not to screen the calls.

Man I never thought I was a quick enough typer to keep up with that, but I have my summary coming up after I do a little editing and proofreading.

hose
12-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Many thanks.

Lip

I did catch Kenny saying that one of the difference makers the Sox were interested in was signed today and that he can't disclose the details at this time. He also said that what was given up to get this difference maker blew away what the Sox were offering.

Colon?

I give KW credit, he took all calls and even Jiggs was asking hard questions, bringing up Kenny's rant after the Von Joshua firing last year.

Kenny also mentioned some of the better trades after getting the typical Ritchie/Well&Fogg questions and Boomer Wells signing also.

I enjoyed the interview overall .

rmusacch
12-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Man I never thought I was a quick enough typer to keep up with that, but I have my summary coming up after I do a little editing and proofreading.

Where is you summary? Anything good said in the interview?

rmusacch
12-19-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by hose
I did catch Kenny saying that one of the difference makers the Sox were interested in was signed today and that he can't disclose the details at this time. He also said that what was given up to get this difference maker blew away what the Sox were offering.

Colon?

I give KW credit, he took all calls and even Jiggs was asking hard questions, bringing up Kenny's rant after the Von Joshua firing last year.

Kenny also mentioned some of the better trades after getting the typical Ritchie/Well&Fogg questions and Boomer Wells signing also.

I enjoyed the interview overall .

Now that the player is signed, why can't he say who it is? I wonder who it is. Kent was the only big time free agent signed today and I did not think we were even interested in him.