PDA

View Full Version : Ordonez Attacked

NewyorkSoxFan
12-18-2002, 12:25 PM
I don't know if anyone has heard this but Richard Hidalgo was shot in the left arm, and Maggs was attacked by 2 men who were armed. They were not together but both were in Venesuela.
This was reported on espn by Dibble.

Maggs is ok, but how about staying in the U.S., nows not the time to be traveling abroad, especially when your home is in a state of international unrest.

NYSF

cheeses_h_rice
12-18-2002, 12:29 PM
I think someone posted about this a few weeks ago; good news that he isn't hurt.

Dadawg_77
12-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Maggs is ok, but how about staying in the U.S., nows not the time to be traveling abroad, especially when your home is in a state of international unrest.

NYSF

Hey I can't be mad at Mags for that. If my home was in the mess like his, I would be there.

jortafan
12-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Maybe it's a matter of perspective, but for Ordonez, being in the U.S. is "traveling abroad." I can't blame him for wanting to return home.

But this actually got me wondering about a separate issue. Does anybody out there know what Ordonez' status with INS is? Is he trying to become a U.S. citizen, or is he just a legal alien (what a bizarre phrase) who is expected to return to Venezuela when his career is over.

Viva Magglio
12-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Maybe it's a matter of perspective, but for Ordonez, being in the U.S. is "traveling abroad." I can't blame him for wanting to return home.

But this actually got me wondering about a separate issue. Does anybody out there know what Ordonez' status with INS is? Is he trying to become a U.S. citizen, or is he just a legal alien (what a bizarre phrase) who is expected to return to Venezuela when his career is over.

Like most ballplayers from Latin America, he probably gets a visa to be here during the season. Mágglio should become a U.S. citizen, however. Wilson Alvarez did that because he didn't want his family exposed to the instability of Venezuela.

OneDog
12-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Home is Home. It's easy for us to say that Magglio should move to the U.S. and become a citizen, but Venezuela is his home. So I don't think we can say anything bad about a guy for choosing to be in a place that probably feels more like home to him than Chicago does.