PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie

gogosoxgogo
12-17-2002, 10:49 PM
Don't offer him arbitration. Almost everyone has said he won't be in the rotation (or at least they don't want him to be) and it seems to me like he would simply be a waste of bench space in the bullpen, blocking the way for one of our prospects to be given a chance. Not only that, but we would save about 2? million bucks in the process. I do agree with most of you that he will have a rebound from his 2002 performance, but he isn't going to be a Buerhle anytime soon (or a Wright for that matter).

...Now, if only KW would actually do this.

OfficerKarkovice
12-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Don't offer him arbitration. Almost everyone has said he won't be in the rotation (or at least they don't want him to be) and it seems to me like he would simply be a waste of bench space in the bullpen, blocking the way for one of our prospects to be given a chance. Not only that, but we would save about 2? million bucks in the process. I do agree with most of you that he will have a rebound from his 2002 performance, but he isn't going to be a Buerhle anytime soon (or a Wright for that matter).

...Now, if only KW would actually do this.

Somebody over on the whitesox.com message board said that it was already done. Ritchie was offered arbitration and J Parque was not (big surprise). I haven't been able to find any confirmation of this, but that is most likely what will happen anyway...and the right move in my opinion.

Lip Man 1
12-18-2002, 12:33 AM
I don't think it matters either way. Williams is not going to release him and take the heat, so good, bad or neutral Ritchie is going to be here to stay.

That may not be bad, I mean how much better does he have to get to improve on a 5-15 mark?

Lip