PDA

View Full Version : Another "Inside Source"

kermittheefrog
12-17-2002, 05:21 AM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-whitesox&msg=14162.1&ctx=0

This guy claims he has an inside source and we're getting Ortiz for prospects. IF this is true, I'll be VERY happy providing that we don't give up Joe Borchard. I'd say let anyone else in our system, including Kris Honel go for a legit starting pitcher like Ortiz. Ortiz is what Ritchie was hyped to be last year.

RichH55
12-17-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

This guy claims he has an inside source and we're getting Ortiz for prospects. IF this is true, I'll be VERY happy providing that we don't give up Joe Borchard. I'd say let anyone else in our system, including Kris Honel go for a legit starting pitcher like Ortiz. Ortiz is what Ritchie was hyped to be last year.

Well I'd hold onto Honel(I dont think he is in the Ortiz talks anyway)....I agree giving up Liefer, Harris, Malone makes alot of sense, for both teams honestly. I'm definately in favor of trading minor league arms....not halfcocked, but you get more Ruffcorns than Buerhles

OfficerKarkovice
12-17-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Well I'd hold onto Honel(I dont think he is in the Ortiz talks anyway)....I agree giving up Liefer, Harris, Malone makes alot of sense, for both teams honestly. I'm definately in favor of trading minor league arms....not halfcocked, but you get more Ruffcorns than Buerhles

I would rather give up Josh Stewart than Malone...for what it's worth.

kermittheefrog
12-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
I would rather give up Josh Stewart than Malone...for what it's worth.

If Kenny gets Ortiz for Stewart, Harris and Liefer then he'll have shown he learned something from all his talking with Billy Beane.

TornLabrum
12-17-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

It's like I wrote when hsc made her predictions. The internet is anonymous. Anybody can claim to know anything. That doesn't mean they do.

kermittheefrog
12-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
It's like I wrote when hsc made her predictions. The internet is anonymous. Anybody can claim to know anything. That doesn't mean they do.

The thing is whether the guy has a source or not it's not as simple as hearing a deal will happen and reporting it. Sure the guy could have been lying through his teeth but at the same time he could have had a real source and the Braves stepped in at the last minute with a better offer. All in all it's the same lesson, believe it when you see it officially reported.