PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee in the Russ Ortiz rumors...

MarkEdward
12-16-2002, 11:48 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but why would the Giants want Lee? They already have a player in left, a player coming off one of the greatest seasons ever.

Remember, if either Lee or Konerko leave, Jeff Liefer will be in the stating line-up.

jeremyb1
12-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but why would the Giants want Lee? They already have a player in left, a player coming off one of the greatest seasons ever.

Remember, if either Lee or Konerko leave, Jeff Liefer will be in the stating line-up.

i really doubt that. i think we'd put harris in center and rowand in left. if konerko were dealt carlos would move to first.

kermittheefrog
12-17-2002, 01:12 AM
I don't like Willie Harris in the starting lineup more than I like Jeff Leifer in the starting lineup. I don't really like the idea of Rowand in the starting lineup either... Yeesh.

pissonthecubs
12-17-2002, 01:33 AM
is C Lee that good of a first baseman? i thought i heard he is more like a butcher. also, why not rotate Liefer and Frank in the DH spot in the lineup until one or both show that they belong in the line up. If Liefer doesn't show what he did 2 years ago, and Frank is the Frank of old (.350avg., 45hr, 145rbi) then leave Frank in the line up and move Liefer, or vice versa. my other thought would be to try to move Liefer or Frank for a starting pitcher and put C Lee in the DH slot so we don't have to see him butcher everything in left and put Rowand in left and Boarchard in center.

RichH55
12-17-2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by pissonthecubs
is C Lee that good of a first baseman? i thought i heard he is more like a butcher. also, why not rotate Liefer and Frank in the DH spot in the lineup until one or both show that they belong in the line up. If Liefer doesn't show what he did 2 years ago, and Frank is the Frank of old (.350avg., 45hr, 145rbi) then leave Frank in the line up and move Liefer, or vice versa. my other thought would be to try to move Liefer or Frank for a starting pitcher and put C Lee in the DH slot so we don't have to see him butcher everything in left and put Rowand in left and Boarchard in center.

Assuming Liefer gets moved...you cna pick up a guy like Ortiz