View Full Version : Blue Jays draft Majewski

Vsahajpal
12-16-2002, 11:41 AM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/rule5results02.html

OfficerKarkovice
12-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/rule5results02.html

What do you think the chances are of him making their roster?

hold2dibber
12-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Just to make sure I have this right; they now gets his rights and he goes to spring training with the Blue Jays. He has to make their 25 man major league roster and stay there all season. If at any time he is off their 25 man roster for that first season (barring injury, I assume), then he reverts to the Sox?

rmusacch
12-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Just to make sure I have this right; they now gets his rights and he goes to spring training with the Blue Jays. He has to make their 25 man major league roster and stay there all season. If at any time he is off their 25 man roster for that first season (barring injury, I assume), then he reverts to the Sox?

Yes, I believe that is true except that he will be offered back to the Sox and they can take him back for $25,000 or work out some other type of compensation. In looking at Baseball America, it said our roster was at 40. I only count 39.

jeremyb1
12-16-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
What do you think the chances are of him making their roster?

i'd say the fact that they took two other players in the rule five makes it more likely we'll get him back. however, the problem as i was saying in one of the other threads is that majewski is different from most rule 5 picks in that he's almost ready for the majors now after a full near dominant season of AA.

RichH55
12-16-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i'd say the fact that they took two other players in the rule five makes it more likely we'll get him back. however, the problem as i was saying in one of the other threads is that majewski is different from most rule 5 picks in that he's almost ready for the majors now after a full near dominant season of AA.

He's coming back....he will leave here twice more after that and return each time....he can't get away....

Randar68
12-16-2002, 04:14 PM

He was a short-to-middle reliever in AA. He is not close to MLB ready.

jeremyb1
12-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
He was a short-to-middle reliever in AA. He is not close to MLB ready.

well that's the role he'd fill in the majors if he kept them. he'd remain at the back of their pen.

Randar68
12-16-2002, 07:19 PM
well that's the role he'd fill in the majors if he kept them. he'd remain at the back of their pen.

The second half of my statement was not contingent upon the first half. He is nowhere near a major league ready player at this point.

jeremyb1
12-16-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
The second half of my statement was not contingent upon the first half. He is nowhere near a major league ready player at this point.

then what's your reason for thinking he's nowhere near ready while some players (wells, wright, etc) are called up to the majors without even a full season. i'm not saying he's ready right now but i think he's closer than most rule 5 picks.

kermittheefrog
12-16-2002, 09:45 PM
I have a feeling we won't get Majewski back this time. The Blue Jays are a well run organization and most likely have a plan for him.

Lip Man 1
12-16-2002, 09:58 PM
If this is the same guy who came from the Dodgers in the James Baldwin deal then the Sox got NOTHING of value from it did they?

Masanoka (gone), Majewski (gone), and the WRONG Beane.

Great move eh?

Lip

Jerry_Manuel
12-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Lip, they traded him to LA for Osuna. Traded for him in the Baldwin deal.

At least we didn't trade any cash!

Soxheads
12-16-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
If this is the same guy who came from the Dodgers in the James Baldwin deal then the Sox got NOTHING of value from it did they?

Masanoka (gone), Majewski (gone), and the WRONG Beane.

Great move eh?

Lip

Wasn't it the wrong Berry?

kermittheefrog
Hey I remember something else about that deal! Baldwin sucks! Why would we get anything for a player who sucks?

Can we change Lip's title from WSI Personality to WSI Irritant?

Jerry_Manuel
Originally posted by Soxheads
Wasn't it the wrong Berry?

Yes.

Daver
12-16-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I have a feeling we won't get Majewski back this time. The Blue Jays are a well run organization and most likely have a plan for him.

I really don't see the Jays putting him on the 25 man roster,unless they are going to use him very sparingly,this a guy drafted out of high school that has never been with any organization long enough to develop consistency,maybe they see something I don't.

Lip Man 1
12-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Kermit:

Go back to reading your bedtime book, the "King James", errr I mean "Bill James" bible.

Lip

kermittheefrog
12-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Kermit:

Go back to reading your bedtime book, the "King James", errr I mean "Bill James" bible.

Lip

That may be the least funny thing I've ever read.

hempsox
12-17-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
That may be the least funny thing I've ever read.

I can't help myself on this one...IRS tax codes for capital gains...at least he kept what he said short and sweet.