PDA

View Full Version : Torn Labrum Makes Rogers Column!

Lip Man 1
12-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Congratulations Hal! This is from Phil Rogers' just released column on the Tribune web site:

"But the best Sox fans, those who've lived through decades of disappointment and followed closely in recent years, don't exactly trust the Jerry Reinsdorf regime.

From Albert Belle and Jaime Navarro to Royce Clayton and Todd Ritchie, with some Charles Johnsons and David Wellses in between, the White Sox have a habit of getting dealt face cards every time they hit on 12.

Sure, Paul Konerko and some other hunches worked out. But the good deals—like the White Flag trade—all seem to come when they are on the retreat. It has been the ones when they've been on the attack that landed Williams his unofficial Internet nickname, Professor Chaos. "

Obviously Phil reads WSI!!!

Lip

TornLabrum
12-16-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Congratulations Hal! This is from Phil Rogers' just released column on the Tribune web site:

"But the best Sox fans, those who've lived through decades of disappointment and followed closely in recent years, don't exactly trust the Jerry Reinsdorf regime.

From Albert Belle and Jaime Navarro to Royce Clayton and Todd Ritchie, with some Charles Johnsons and David Wellses in between, the White Sox have a habit of getting dealt face cards every time they hit on 12.

Sure, Paul Konerko and some other hunches worked out. But the good deals—like the White Flag trade—all seem to come when they are on the retreat. It has been the ones when they've been on the attack that landed Williams his unofficial Internet nickname, Professor Chaos. "

Obviously Phil reads WSI!!!

I'll probably be banned from SoxFest now!

Lip

Foulke You
12-16-2002, 08:49 PM
It's amazing how popular WSI has gotten since the old Rivals.com days. It seems a large portion of Chicago's sports media come to this site for their Sox info just like us fans.

Daver
12-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
It's amazing how popular WSI has gotten since the old Rivals.com days. It seems a large portion of Chicago's sports media come to this site for their Sox info just like us fans.

:knue

I just come here to check and see what plots you technogeeks are plotting against my polls next................

RKMeibalane
12-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by daver
:knue

I just come here to check and see what plots you technogeeks are plotting against my polls next................

:jerry

"I come here to get ideas for the lineup each game."

:hitless

"I was the most popular player on this site. People called me 'the Choice.'"

RichH55
12-17-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:jerry

"I come here to get ideas for the lineup each game."

:hitless

"I was the most popular player on this site. People called me 'the Choice.'"

:moron
Oh they have the internet on computers now!

pissonthecubs
12-17-2002, 02:19 AM
:chimp

I visit WSI to read about the real baseball team in Chicago.