PDA

View Full Version : Loyal fans...HELP!


Fan'sDaughter
12-15-2002, 07:05 PM
OK, loyal White Sox fans...I really need your help. I don't know where else to turn and I stumbled upon this site. I hope you can help.

My 84 year old father has probably been rooting for your team longer than anyone else alive today. He grew up in a suburb of NYC. When he was around 8 years old he, his brother, and his cousin each decided to pick a team to root for and my father picked the Chicago White Sox. He has been a very loyal fan ever since.

He had a Chicago White Sox jacket that he loved. Recently it was lost, so I decided to order a new one for Christmas. I went to the White Sox home page and ordered a jacket through MLB.com. They sent a child's jacket in error and I've been having trouble ever since. They've been giving me the run around and I have given up on getting a jacket in time for Christmas through them. Now I'm desperate. I would like to order a jacket through another source. Can anyone send me some telephone numbers for stores in the Chicago area that sell White Sox jackets? I live in the Houston area and I need to get the jacket and send it to my father in NC...IN TME FOR CHRISTMAS. I've wasted so much valuable time with the MLB site and now I'm just about out of time. Finding a Chicago White Sox jacket in Houston would be like finding a Houston Astros jacket in Chicago...impossible!

Also, I'd like to write a letter of complaint to the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball and let them know how disappointed I was with the service I received at their site. I've got a snail mail address for Bud Selig, but I need to know who the owner of the Chicago White Sox is and an address. Thanks for your help...Betty PS...I hope your team does well this coming year. It would make my father so happy!

HawkDJ
12-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Fan'sDaughter

Also, I'd like to write a letter of complaint to the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball and let them know how disappointed I was with the service I received at their site. I've got a snail mail address for Bud Selig, but I need to know who the owner of the Chicago White Sox is and an address. Thanks for your help...Betty PS...I hope your team does well this coming year. It would make my father so happy!

Ah, as an 8 year old boy I bet your father thought one day he would cheer the Sox to a World Series. Bad luck I guess. Anyways, sorry I can't really help you out much on your problem but I know others here will be more than willing to help! I could only tell you other web sites with jackets but thats probably not what you want to deal with right now.

Also the owner is Jerry Reinsdorf. Address I'm not sure. Sorry for not being too helpful!

TornLabrum
12-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Fan'sDaughter
OK, loyal White Sox fans...I really need your help. I don't know where else to turn and I stumbled upon this site. I hope you can help.

My 84 year old father has probably been rooting for your team longer than anyone else alive today. He grew up in a suburb of NYC. When he was around 8 years old he, his brother, and his cousin each decided to pick a team to root for and my father picked the Chicago White Sox. He has been a very loyal fan ever since.

He had a Chicago White Sox jacket that he loved. Recently it was lost, so I decided to order a new one for Christmas. I went to the White Sox home page and ordered a jacket through MLB.com. They sent a child's jacket in error and I've been having trouble ever since. They've been giving me the run around and I have given up on getting a jacket in time for Christmas through them. Now I'm desperate. I would like to order a jacket through another source. Can anyone send me some telephone numbers for stores in the Chicago area that sell White Sox jackets? I live in the Houston area and I need to get the jacket and send it to my father in NC...IN TME FOR CHRISTMAS. I've wasted so much valuable time with the MLB site and now I'm just about out of time. Finding a Chicago White Sox jacket in Houston would be like finding a Houston Astros jacket in Chicago...impossible!

Also, I'd like to write a letter of complaint to the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball and let them know how disappointed I was with the service I received at their site. I've got a snail mail address for Bud Selig, but I need to know who the owner of the Chicago White Sox is and an address. Thanks for your help...Betty PS...I hope your team does well this coming year. It would make my father so happy!

I buy all of my sports paraphernalia from The Grandstand on 35th street. They have a web site: www.grandstandsox.com .

CLR01
12-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Fan'sDaughter
OK, loyal White Sox fans...I really need your help. I don't know where else to turn and I stumbled upon this site. I hope you can help.


You can try these two sites if you want to try the i-net way again they appeared to have a decent selection. There are hundreds of sites out there that sell this stuff.

http://bigshop.store.fanbuzz.com/store/category?category=14317%2C4989

http://www.itsallsports.com/whitesoxjackets.htm



If not you can try Grandstands not sure if they sell jackets though.

600 W 35th St
Chicago, IL 60616
773-927-1984

If that all fails you can try calling Comiskey park and they can give you the number to their gift shop (if it is open) or they may be able to direct you to a local store that will have them.

Comiskey Park
333 W 35th St
Chicago, IL 60616-3651
Phone:(312)674-1000



Don't know Jerry's address but you could try just addressing it to the devil and it will probably get to him. :D: The Comiskey number may give you mailing info as well.


hope this helps.

duke of dorwood
12-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Torn Labrum is correct. I get ALL my Sox stuff at Grandstand. These people have a booth at Soxfest every year and are extremely helpful people.

TornLabrum
12-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Torn Labrum is correct. I get ALL my Sox stuff at Grandstand. These people have a booth at Soxfest every year and are extremely helpful people.

And next time you go to the Grandstand, tell Pete and Rose I said hi. They're great people. It's family run. You can almost always find Pete or Rose or even one of the kids working there.

HITMEN OF 77
12-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Grandstand is great. Another good one on the web is www.dugout-memories.com they have a lot of neat stuff as well and they ship very fast!

ma-gaga
12-15-2002, 09:59 PM
There's a store called 'Ebbets Field' and they specialize in classic sports paraphanalia.

I'm trying to find a direct link, but can't. My dad gets a paper catalog every year.

Here's a different place. Here. (http://www.dugout-memories.com/whitesox.html) I don't know if you can get it by x-mas. I'm sure your g-dad will understand if it's a couple of days late. just print out an invoice. :smile:

RichH55
12-16-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And next time you go to the Grandstand, tell Pete and Rose I said hi. They're great people. It's family run. You can almost always find Pete or Rose or even one of the kids working there.


LOL....Im easily amused......Pete AND Rose....good times....anything to avoid studying I guess

Fan'sDaughter
12-22-2002, 05:06 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for suggesting places where I could order a White Sox jacket for my father. I decided to give the MLB.com site one more chance. They overnighted another jacket to me and guess what? They sent another child's jacket!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to get one in time for Chistmas, so I sent him a Houston Texans sweatshirt so he'd have a package to open on Christmas day, and I've ordered a White Sox jacket through grandstandsox.com and will send it to him after Christmas.

Gosh...I've been reading some of the posts and no one seems to like the White Sox team owner. Kind of reminds me of how much we used to dislike the Houston Oiler's Bud Adams. We still don't like Bud Adams, so say a prayer that the Houston Texans can somehow beat the Tennessee Titans next week. By the way, we love Bob McNair the Texans team owner. (Sorry to have gotten away from baseball for a few moments.)