PDA

View Full Version : 4 team trade goes through

Champ Summers
12-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Durazo to A's, Jason Arnold and John-Ford Griffin to Blue Jays, Elmer Dessens to Arizona, Felipe Lopez to Cincinnati

KVinc
12-15-2002, 06:38 PM
UMMM very gay who cares its a small trade

Champ Summers
12-15-2002, 06:47 PM
is that really warranted? what's your problem?

WhiteSox = Life
12-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
UMMM very gay who cares its a small trade

UMMM, let's see. UMMM, it's baseball news that affects a couple of the teams that the White Sox will be playing. UMMM, it doesn't matter if it's small or not, Durazo has some good power, and Dessens is a decent pitcher, so it should be interesting to see how they work out. UMMM, and, what defines a trade as being very gay? UMMM, I don't know.

UMMM, do you realize that something being "gay" doesn't mean that it's not worth a damn? UMMM, gay does not refer to objects and events, it refers to people. UMMM, and being gay does not mean anything derogatory so your statement is nothing more than pure BS that belongs on some other site, because that type of post certainly isn't appreciated here, and at the very least, definitely not cared for by me.

UMMM, so, why don't you read what you type before you go using words that should have no bad connotation to them, yet you use them disparagingly? UMMM, next time, why don't you not post, unless you have something unoffensive to say, or would you view that as gay, too?

UMMM...

KVinc
12-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
UMMM, let's see. UMMM, it's baseball news that affects a couple of the teams that the White Sox will be playing. UMMM, it doesn't matter if it's small or not, Durazo has some good power, and Dessens is a decent pitcher, so it should be interesting to see how they work out. UMMM, and, what defines a trade as being very gay? UMMM, I don't know.

UMMM, do you realize that something being "gay" doesn't mean that it's not worth a damn? UMMM, gay does not refer to objects and events, it refers to people. UMMM, and being gay does not mean anything derogatory so your statement is nothing more than pure BS that belongs on some other site, because that type of post certainly isn't appreciated here, and at the very least, definitely not cared for by me.

UMMM, so, why don't you read what you type before you go using words that should have no bad connotation to them, yet you use them disparagingly? UMMM, next time, why don't you not post, unless you have something unoffensive to say, or would you view that as gay, too?

UMMM...

This has been edited by the administration.

Champ Summers
12-15-2002, 09:51 PM
*** is going on here?

Daver
12-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
*** is going on here?

Meaning what?

SoxxoS
12-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Ill do the honors...

:threadsucks

Champ Summers
12-15-2002, 11:01 PM
meaning Soxxos is right on, all I was doing was reporting a trade, and Kvinc apparently forgot some medication this morning, I can only guess what his second post was about...

MarkEdward
12-16-2002, 12:26 AM
I'll try to get this back on track:

Reds: Lopez can still have a very good career. Dessens had a career year, despite the poor record. Still, a thumbs up for Bowden.

Blue Jays: Arnold and Ford-Griffin seem like good players. Lopez is not a big loss, as the Jays have a plethora of middle infielders. I think Ricciardi had personal problems with him anyway.

Athletics: Many questioned Beane after he traded Carlos Pena last summer. Well, he turned that trade into Durazo, and also gets to keep Ted Lilly. The man just keeps on working his magic.

Diamondbacks: Dessens has some nice minor league numbers, but he's old, is probably past his peak, and won't put up 2002 numbers again. Once Schilling and Johnson lose their touch, this team will just fall apart.

bc2k
12-16-2002, 02:31 AM
I'm going to have to agree with KVinc here. If you can't call this gay, then it's at least a fruit cocktail.

We're in the middle of the Winter Meetings and itching for some real news. The only "gay" trade I want to hear about is Piazza traded to the Sox for KW.

kermittheefrog
12-16-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
I'm going to have to agree with KVinc here. If you can't call this gay, then it's at least a fruit cocktail.

We're in the middle of the Winter Meetings and itching for some real news. The only "gay" trade I want to hear about is Piazza traded to the Sox for KW.

Lord you're an idiot. A fruit cocktail? Do you care who you might be offending? Way to be trash. Thats before we get to the fact that any true baseball fan knows that this trade is interesting. The A's fill a hole at first, the D'Backs trade away Durazo for a guy that might have just had a career year. Your head is just too far up your ass to realize any of this.

And jeez even if you are a moron who goes around calling things gay. If you had half a brain you'd be smart enough to not make another comment like that after what happened in response to the first comment. So not only are you an insensitive clod but youre brickheaded for repeating the same mistake KVinc made. I'm probably out of line but this is ridiculous really.

doublem23
12-16-2002, 09:47 AM

Good God, this is by far the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. Hey, while you're at it, why don't you go around spewing off racial slurs, since you obviously are too thick to understand that people sometimes get offended by things?

Speaking solely for myself, any respect I had for your thoughts, comments, and whatnot has flown straight out the window.

stingo
12-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Small deal or not, gay or straight, what blows my mind about this trade is how it shows once again, what billy wants, billy gets. Apparently he's been coveting Durazo for a long time. If I was a GM, and I knew Beane was coveting one of my players, I'd hang on to him. Why does any other GM do business with him?
He sure makes it look bad for other GMs who can't seem to get their gaping holes filled (not to sound gay or anything, KVinc).

voodoochile
12-16-2002, 11:54 AM

What does your comment add to the discussion. It is obvious the first comment was not well received by the regular posters nor the administration. Perhaps it would be better if you paid attention to that fact...

Thanks...

Champ Summers
12-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Stingo, that was GREAT!

hold2dibber
12-16-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by stingo
Small deal or not, gay or straight, what blows my mind about this trade is how it shows once again, what billy wants, billy gets. Apparently he's been coveting Durazo for a long time. If I was a GM, and I knew Beane was coveting one of my players, I'd hang on to him. Why does any other GM do business with him?
He sure makes it look bad for other GMs who can't seem to get their gaping holes filled (not to sound gay or anything, KVinc).

*****! Great post.

But I also have to question the deification of Billy Beane to some extent. He is obviously a great GM, but not every move he makes is a good one (but most are). I think Carlos Pena was too much to give up for Ted Lilly. I think there's a good chance that, after all is said and done, the Bradford for Olivo trade will be a winner for the Sox. I think he could have done better in the Jeremy Giambi trade as well. I think there is a chance that the Durazzo deal will back fire. Durazzo, with an everyday slot in the lineup, might put up some big numbers, but he might also prove to be too erratic. And if I recall correctly, the two prospects he gave up in this deal are seriously good prospects. We'll see.

Cheryl
12-16-2002, 12:11 PM
I'm not defending the people here who use the term 'gay' as an insult. But, according to my friend's teenage children, that's the perjorative du jour now. It has nothing to do with an individual's preferences, it's just the word they use to decribe something they don't like.

stingo
12-16-2002, 12:30 PM
He is obviously a great GM, but not every move he makes is a good one

That's true. Nevertheless, at the very least, you gotta agree that Billy Beane knows how to close a deal. Not all may be in his favor, but enough are - one would think - to put others on their guard. Other GMs have shown up at the meetings with needs and wants, but so far, can't seem to make it happen. He must be an 'ell of a salesman. I'd hate to run into him at the used car lot.

Unregistered
12-16-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I'm not defending the people here who use the term 'gay' as an insult. But, according to my friend's teenage children, that's the perjorative du jour now. It has nothing to do with an individual's preferences, it's just the word they use to decribe something they don't like.
Cheryl is right. The term "gay" is, and has been popular slang for at least 10 years, especially in the Midwest. I never knew it in that context to having anything to do with sexual prefence or the like. It was only when I moved out to New York to go to college about 6 years ago, that i realized that it actually offended people and was frowned upon. Regardless of it's commonplace in slang or it's intentions, it's still obviously immature and offensive to people who take it literally. This, of course, is not to justify it's use, ESPECIALLY not in this context. (By the way, this thread still sucks.)

VeeckAsInWreck
12-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Lesson for all you youngsters on this site: Don't refer to things as gay. As you can see it is a very insensitive thing to say, whether you are "straight" or "gay".

Anyway, back to baseball! This looks like a good deal for the A's. If healthy, Durazo will put up some monster numbers for the A's. They finally have a good replacement for Giambi. I mean Jason and not Jeremy! :D: