PDA

View Full Version : How true it is

Daver
12-15-2002, 03:25 PM
From Baseball Primer on the Brewers signing Royce Clayton:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++=============Milwaukee Brewers (December 12, 2002)

Signed SS Royce Clayton to a 1-year contract.

Oracle Says:

A nice $1.75 million with a $2 million option year.
At today's prices, I think the most practical solution for the Brewers is to simply forfeit every game and not field a team.

Seriously, there's not a single reason for the Brewers to exist. They can go 0-162 and give mediots their dream of every team being above average.

With this signing, we can safely add "Brewer roster construction" to sausage and politics.

Foulke You
12-15-2002, 04:13 PM
HA HA:)

duke of dorwood
12-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Baseball continues to breed uncompetitive teams.

Daver
12-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Oh and it gets better,from BP's "Week in Quotes"

"I think this organization is heading in the right direction. They have a number of young players who are capable of throwing up tremendous seasons."
--Royce Clayton, Brewers shortstop

"We felt unless we got a shortstop who could make the plays, we weren't going to win. We ended up acquiring Royce Clayton...He did make the difference."
--Doug Melvin, Brewers general manager

"I think I would be less of a competitor if I didn't have an attitude of...being successful and showing people they were definitely wrong in their assessment of Royce Clayton."
--Melvin

Hullett_Fan
12-16-2002, 06:35 PM
"I think this organization is heading in the right direction. They have a number of young players who are capable of throwing up tremendous seasons."

:chunks

People will be throwing up...but Royce, it's the Brewer fans, not the players. Ohhh, how they must long for the days of Molitor, Oglive, Caldwell, Yount, Gantner.....

RedPinStripes
12-16-2002, 07:03 PM
If Clayton is so good, why does he have to "prove everyone wrong" everywhere he goes? He's a plague.

Daver. That little bit from ba sounds almost like you wrote it. lol

Foulke You
12-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by daver
Oh and it gets better,from BP's "Week in Quotes"

--Royce Clayton, Brewers shortstop

"We felt unless we got a shortstop who could make the plays, we weren't going to win. We ended up acquiring Royce Clayton...He did make the difference."
--Doug Melvin, Brewers general manager

"I think I would be less of a competitor if I didn't have an attitude of...being successful and showing people they were definitely wrong in their assessment of Royce Clayton."
--Melvin

They have to be kidding right? My prediction is Royce will be hitting about .138 by May and the Brewers will be comfortably the only 6th place team in the majors.

RichH55
12-17-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
They have to be kidding right? My prediction is Royce will be hitting about .138 by May and the Brewers will be comfortably the only 6th place team in the majors.

But think of the Defense! :D: