PDA

View Full Version : Vazquez to Boston

Champ Summers
12-15-2002, 03:43 PM
Javier Vazquez and Fernando Tatis to Boston for Casey Fossum and Shea Hillenbrand, no word yet on any minor leaguers...to be announce in a few hours...bet on it

jeremyb1
12-15-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
Javier Vazquez and Fernando Tatis to Boston for Casey Fossum and Shea Hillenbrand, no word yet on any minor leaguers...to be announce in a few hours...bet on it

that's a good deal from the expos even if they didn't get a ton of talent (although i do like fossum) because they got someone to take tatis along with vazquez. if this happens they should be in good shape with their budget now and you can rest assured colon, vidro, and vlad aren't going anywhere.

HawkDJ
12-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Do you happen to be related to hsc?

OEO Magglio
12-15-2002, 05:12 PM
Well if this trade goes through, we can say good bye to Colon.

MarkEdward
12-15-2002, 05:42 PM

Wow, surely the White Sox can do better. That would be the equivalent of giving up Jose Valentin and Rocky Biddle.

WhiteSoxWinner
12-15-2002, 05:46 PM
:KW
No, we would have to give up more. We don't want to insult the Expos.

duke of dorwood
12-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Why, when we seem to have more to offer than other teams for players, are we unable to consumate a deal? We seem to get constipation at crunch time.
(Unless we REALLY overpay, of course)

Daver
12-15-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Why, when we seem to have more to offer than other teams for players, are we unable to consumate a deal? We seem to get constipation at crunch time.
(Unless we REALLY overpay, of course)

The key to that deal is unloading Tatis and his salary,KW is right if he wants no part of Tatis on the roster.

Champ Summers
12-15-2002, 06:25 PM
still no word, looks like I might have to tuck my tail between my legs, eat my hat, or whatever...still holding out hope that i'm correct (but Vazquez to the White SOx would be nice too).

Lip Man 1
12-15-2002, 11:14 PM
For what it's worth, Hillebrand made the A.L. All Star team last year.

Lip

jeremyb1
12-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For what it's worth, Hillebrand made the A.L. All Star team last year.

yeah, his numbers aren't as bad as i'd thought they were. .330 obp isn't too good and he'll be 28 next season so he's not as young as some people think but he's pretty decent.

Tragg
12-16-2002, 12:44 AM

The Sox ought to go after Vazquez and sign him long term. Cheaper (both in salary and cost of aquisition) and younger than Colon. And better than any starter we have, except for MB