PDA

View Full Version : reports contrary to the colon/vidro rumor

jeremyb1
12-15-2002, 01:05 AM
from the ap:

The negotiations on deals involving Bartolo Colon, Javier Vazquez, Vladimir Guerrero or Jose Vidro, on the other hand, is turning out to be a little more complicated.

An official of one club that has been speaking with the Expos said they could do a deal for one of those four sometime Sunday -- which didn't mean they would. Although the Expos had held meetings with 14 teams by Saturday night -- and spoke by phone with several more -- the Yankees are still considered the favorite to be their first dance partner.

the fact that the deal would be for only one of the four seems to be contrary to the vidro/colon rumors.

RichH55
12-15-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
from the ap:

the fact that the deal would be for only one of the four seems to be contrary to the vidro/colon rumors.

There are like 14 different stories coming out of the winter meetings....no one has a damn clue

VeeckAsInWreck
12-15-2002, 03:01 AM
The way the deal will be done is like this:

Omar Minaya will get all the other GM's in his hotel room and invite them for a slumber party. And like teenage girls they will play spin the bottle. The winner gets the deal he wants! :D:

Chisoxfn
12-15-2002, 03:52 AM
Thats just saying one of the four could go, none of the four could go, all of the four could go.

Or thats what I'm assuming.

I don't think they mean just one, cause all the rumors I've read and heard are packaged deals.

jeremyb1
12-15-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Thats just saying one of the four could go, none of the four could go, all of the four could go.

Or thats what I'm assuming.

I don't think they mean just one, cause all the rumors I've read and heard are packaged deals.

that's not how i read it. it says "they could do a deal for one of those four". i think they would say "at least one of the four" or simply "a deal" without specifying any of the players if they didn't mean to indicate that it was just one player. i'm sure there are a lot of rumors but i take ones reported by major press affiliates more seriously than other rumors. again they're all just rumors but this doesn't seem to indicate that us making a deal is imminent by any means.

voodoochile
12-15-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
The way the deal will be done is like this:

Omar Minaya will get all the other GM's in his hotel room and invite them for a slumber party. And like teenage girls they will play spin the bottle. The winner gets the deal he wants! :D:

Good thing Gord Ash is no longer employed, can you imagine having to kiss that face? ugh... Also, I wouldn'tg trust KW to keep his tongue in his mouth...

:KW
"Hey, when you look this good. They ALL want you..."