PDA

View Full Version : Sox interested in Palmeiro

Jjav829
12-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Orlando that is. :D: Sorry, I had to do that.

From cbssportsline.com

The Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles, Boston and the Chicago White Sox each have expressed interest in free agent outfielder Orlando Palmeiro .

Full article (http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6016215)

OEO Magglio
12-14-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm guessing by trying to sign Palmeiro, they have a trade on the table to get rid of Carlos, just a thought!

Iguana775
12-14-2002, 01:31 PM
what position does he play? if it is CF, it would just be insurance for if rowand isnt ready come spring.

Jjav829
12-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
what position does he play? if it is CF, it would just be insurance for if rowand isnt ready come spring.

Hes a 4th outfielder who can fill in at any OF position if needed.

MarkEdward
12-14-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I'm guessing by trying to sign Palmeiro, they have a trade on the table to get rid of Carlos, just a thought!

I really don't think so. First, Palmeiro will come cheap (less than a million), so the Sox won't be breaking the bank by signing him. Second, Palmeiro will be a fourth outfielder, and would be no threat to taking Lee's spot. Third, I'd call this rumor more of an indication that Jeff Liefer will be traded or released.

That said, signing Palmeiro would be great. He's a walk machine. He's the anti-Rowand. He doesn't have much power and isn't great on defense, but he's a much better option that Liefer.

jeremyb1
12-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

That said, signing Palmeiro would be great. He's a walk machine. He's the anti-Rowand. He doesn't have much power and isn't great on defense, but he's a much better option that Liefer.

i'm definately with you. role players like that can be key and liefer has shown no ability to be an effective part time player. look at how much graff has helped. an of equivalent of him would be very valuable.