PDA

View Full Version : Barrett?


pudge
12-13-2002, 05:39 PM
Pardon me if this has been mentioned before, but with all the talk of Barrett being available from the Expos, and us desperately needing a catcher, is anyone interested in seeing him in a Sox uni? Any ideas what it would take to get him?

ozzman
12-13-2002, 05:40 PM
magglio and a lot of cash

OfficerKarkovice
12-13-2002, 05:48 PM
I think he would be a great addition...he's actually a pretty good catcher but nobody hears much about him since he is in Montreal. I think a couple of mid-level prospects could get him.

Daver
12-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
I think he would be a great addition...he's actually a pretty good catcher but nobody hears much about him since he is in Montreal. I think a couple of mid-level prospects could get him.

It would take something along the lines of Hummel,Sanders, and Reyes to pull that trade off.

hold2dibber
12-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Barrett would be a pretty good pick up, I think. He's a definite improvement over MJ offensively (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=6098) , but I don't know about defense. He is head and shoulders above Paul.

If they could get him for a few mid-level prospects, I'd do it.

RichH55
12-13-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Barrett would be a pretty good pick up, I think. He's a definite improvement over MJ offensively (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=6098) , but I don't know about defense. He is head and shoulders above Paul.

If they could get him for a few mid-level prospects, I'd do it.


He seems like a good option....throw some minor league arms at them without the names of Rausch and Honel

Huisj
12-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
He seems like a good option....throw some minor league arms at them without the names of Rausch and Honel

he's not that great. he's never become what he was hyped to be when he was a prospect. we don't really have much that's any better, but for what he actually brings, he's sort of expensive.

no way he's worth trading much of anything for. certainly no top prospect starters, and whoever mentioned maggs and cash is nuts.

RichH55
12-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
he's not that great. he's never become what he was hyped to be when he was a prospect. we don't really have much that's any better, but for what he actually brings, he's sort of expensive.

no way he's worth trading much of anything for. certainly no top prospect starters, and whoever mentioned maggs and cash is nuts.


Arms, prospects...nothing major was all I was saying