PDA

View Full Version : Vlad Guererro

hold2dibber
12-13-2002, 09:19 AM
ESPN.com suggests that a trade the Expos should consider would be Vlad Guerrero for Crede, Borchard and Josh Stewart. If I were running the show for the Sox, I'd be very tempted to make that deal, although I'd rather have Lee in the deal instead of Crede (since we don't really have anyone to replace Crede at 3B). Can you imagine a 3-4-5-6 of Guerrero, Maggs, PK and Frank? Yowza.

Possible Guerrero trades (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/mcadam_sean/1475256.html)

duke of dorwood
12-13-2002, 09:30 AM
In the world of Reinsdorf, Crede Borchard and Stewart are small salaries right now. If we got Vlad, it would force more moves to unload salary . I'd have to get a pitcher with him.

Bobby Thigpen
12-13-2002, 09:39 AM
While I would love to see the Sox get Guerrero I think that Crede, Borchard, and Stewart is way to high of a price. I don't think we need to give up both Crede and Borchard. If you could substitute Carlos for either of those two than I probably could live with the trade. Preferrably Carlos for Crede since Crede appears to be a decent if not potentially great third baseman. If this happened our lineup could look like this

2b- Jimenez
SS- Valentin
DH- Frank
LF- Vlad
RF- Maggs
1b- Paulie
3b- Crede
CF- Rowand?
C- Oliva or Paul

That's a heck of alot of firepower.

jeremyb1
12-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
ESPN.com suggests that a trade the Expos should consider would be Vlad Guerrero for Crede, Borchard and Josh Stewart. If I were running the show for the Sox, I'd be very tempted to make that deal, although I'd rather have Lee in the deal instead of Crede (since we don't really have anyone to replace Crede at 3B). Can you imagine a 3-4-5-6 of Guerrero, Maggs, PK and Frank? Yowza.
[/URL]

i highly doubt the spos would actually make that trade. the most recent word is that they're not going to trade colon or vlad if they can help it. substitute rauch or honel for stewart and they might consider it.

HITMEN OF 77
12-13-2002, 12:30 PM
Having Vlad on the team would be great. But we have enough power in the line-up as it is. We have no problem putting numbers up we need some pitching to keep the other teams numbers down. If anything lets get Colon from the Expos.

Bobby Thigpen
12-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Hitmen, I would agree that we have plenty of firepower, but Vlad brings other things to the table that we don't have. Speed (outside of Maggs and Harris we are terribly slow), good fielder (see everything ever posted about CLee, though I don't think he's as bad as everyone thinks), a cannon arm, and some star power. And as I have said before I am very weary of Colon.