PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Sox employees

Cheryl
12-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Since we know employees of the team lurk (or possibly post) here, we need a thread in which we tell them what would make us happy enough to come out and spend more money at the ballpark. Trade ideas, giveaways, promotions we'd like to see at the ballpark. I'll start:

BBQ Apron Day. They did this on a Father's Day about 8,9 years ago, and I don't know about the rest of you, but my White Sox apron is looking a little ragged. I'd like another, please.

hold2dibber
12-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Since we know employees of the team lurk (or possibly post) here, we need a thread in which we tell them what would make us happy enough to come out and spend more money at the ballpark.

(1) Win
(2) Win consistently
(3) Win a friggin' playoff series
(4) Contend every year
(5) Making winning the organization's one and only goal
(6) Win some more

Get the picture?

fuzzy_patters
12-12-2002, 03:16 PM
For the Cubs series, bobblehead Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko, and Sox hero KYLE FARNSWORTH day! No one dishes up taters like Kyle Farnsworth.

OneDog
12-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Since we know employees of the team lurk (or possibly post) here, we need a thread in which we tell them what would make us happy enough to come out and spend more money at the ballpark. Trade ideas, giveaways, promotions we'd like to see at the ballpark. I'll start:

BBQ Apron Day. They did this on a Father's Day about 8,9 years ago, and I don't know about the rest of you, but my White Sox apron is looking a little ragged. I'd like another, please.

Agreed Cheryl.

Not only did my dad keep that apron for years, they brought the Sox luck. They had a no hitter going into the 7th/8th (I forget which).

But what would get me out to Comiskey more is seeing a press release stating that someone who is willing to more money into the Sox (Mark Cuban???) bought out Jerry and his partners and replaced KW with Billy Beane. But, this will never come to pass.

WinningUgly!
12-12-2002, 10:46 PM

Hire Carlton Fisk as manager.

nixsox
12-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Bring Ribbie and Roobarb back, HAHAHA.

voodoochile
12-13-2002, 12:30 AM
:selljerry :selljerry :selljerry :selljerry :selljerry :selljerry

That clear enough? I doubt any of the bootlicking lackeys have the guts to suggest it though...

So, in the interests of giving them a suggestion they can take back to JR, here is a list:

1)Sign Mark Buehrle to a long term deal.

2)Bring in two more quality veteran starting pitchers regardless of how much they make and sign them to 3 year deals. In fact - stop trying to pinch pennies on the most important position on the team. Everyone else gives pitchers long term contracts and sometimes they get burned by injuries or bad judgement. Suck it up and deal with it every other team does. If you cannot find quality pitchers of health, ability and attitude, then please find some people who can find those type of pitchers.

3)Stop acting like the flubbies own this town and do something positive to take back the press and/or the perception that you don't care (probably start by firing Rob Gallas)

4)Stop badmouthing Frank Thomas and allowing the rest of the world to do so. Stand up for the only HOF player you currently have on the roster. Tell KW and JM to ****!

5)Stop blaming the fans for your lack of attendance. Like H2D said, win now win later win often, just win. Build us a winner and we will come out to see it. You saw that first hand in 2000 when the attendance shot up and the carryover lasted into 2001 season ticket sales.

That's all I can think of for now. Unlike Cheryl, I don't want an apron, I want a WS title. In fact, you can keep every promotion you give out as far as I am concerned provided you take the money and put it toward fielding a winner. However if you really want a promotion to bring out the fans, how about JR dartboard day...

Hangar18
12-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Tell Kenny Williams to
simply
FILL THE HOLES ON THE TEAM.
Namely, 2 veteran starting pitchers.
Do you know how good Garland would be if he were a Brave?
its because of all the good vet leadership on that team.
Maddux on our team would lift everyone up about 3 notches.

moochpuppy
12-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
(1) Win
(2) Win consistently
(3) Win a friggin' playoff series
(4) Contend every year
(5) Making winning the organization's one and only goal
(6) Win some more

Get the picture?

That picture would disappear faster than the rightfield homerun porch photos.