PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....

Dadawg_77
12-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Where can I find data on inherited runners allowed to score? I tried ESPN and Baseball - Reference but did not see them there.

kermittheefrog
12-12-2002, 09:21 PM
One of the Stats, Inc annuals should have it. Either the major league handbook or the player profiles book. I would check for you but my books are at school and I got home yesterday. There are a couple problems. One is that the books aren't free like the internet (duh) the other is that they have been discontinued after Sporting News bought out Stats, Inc. So you wouldn't be able to get that kind of information for this season.

Dadawg_77
12-13-2002, 07:46 PM
Stats was bought out. Damn, no wonder James ran to the Red Sox. So they are not going to put out any of their books, even under TSN?

Thanks Kerrmie for the info

hempsox
12-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Sporting News bought out Stats, Inc. So you wouldn't be able to get that kind of information for this season.

Not sure where I read this...think that it was an interview with Bill James... anyway, he stated that he was hoping that since TSN bought out STATS and in effect killed the Annual that they put out, that TSN would now include these and many stats on their annual. It should be released in January.