PDA

View Full Version : White Sox fan survey


Jjav829
12-12-2002, 08:33 AM
White Sox Fan Survery (http://is4.cc/take/?i=4804&h=a0ZpZjLZlExslO5Xr7hMZA)

I found this on ESPN. I am not really sure if the results are just kept for ESPN or if MLB sees them, but it's a nice survey to show your disappointment with the team. You give a score 1-9 with 1 being the lowest and 9 highest in terms of how a comment describes the White Sox. The survey features such statements as "Have won or will win at least one championship while Iím a fan" and "The owners and players show their appreciation to the fans". A lot of 1's and 2's on this thing from me.

BTW, I found the survery on ESPN team pages right under last years standings, in case you were wondering.

whitesoxwilkes
12-12-2002, 09:19 AM
The problem is in a couple cases they lump players and owners into the same question. Now How am I supposed to give Konerko a 9 for likeability when I have to give JR a 1 at the same time? Average it all out?

jeremyb1
12-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
White Sox Fan Survery (http://is4.cc/take/?i=4804&h=a0ZpZjLZlExslO5Xr7hMZA)

I found this on ESPN. I am not really sure if the results are just kept for ESPN or if MLB sees them, but it's a nice survey to show your disappointment with the team. You give a score 1-9 with 1 being the lowest and 9 highest in terms of how a comment describes the White Sox. The survey features such statements as "Have won or will win at least one championship while Iím a fan" and "The owners and players show their appreciation to the fans". A lot of 1's and 2's on this thing from me.

BTW, I found the survery on ESPN team pages right under last years standings, in case you were wondering.

i don't understand giving a ton of low ratings on something like this. i love the club so its hard for me to detest all aspects of it. i gave the players the highest marks and i gave the club good marks for retaining players. we've held onto paully, maggs, and frank. i don't see how fans can complain about that while watching teams like kc give away dye, damon, etc. i gave reinsdorf slightly below average marks and i gave somewhat poor marks to the price of parking and concessions but outside of that i don't know how you could be that upset with this organization. the fact that we keep our payroll around 50 million and still have won a division title and finished at at least .500 the last few years can't make us worse than average.

Lip Man 1
12-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Jeremy:

The dislike starts at the top or as Phil Rogers said in his interview nothing short of new ownership will make this franchise viable again.

Lip

jeremyb1
12-12-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jeremy:

The dislike starts at the top or as Phil Rogers said in his interview nothing short of new ownership will make this franchise viable again.


somehow i doubt phil rogers made that exact comment. are you talking about the baseball america chat or something else?

MarkEdward
12-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jeremy:

The dislike starts at the top or as Phil Rogers said in his interview nothing short of new ownership will make this franchise viable again.

Lip

Let's say the Sox win the World Series next year. Will you still hate JR with a passion?

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
somehow i doubt phil rogers made that exact comment. are you talking about the baseball america chat or something else?

Mark had a sit down with Phil Rogers. It was published right here on WSI.

Lip Man 1
12-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Jeremy:

Look up the WSI Interview that I did with Phil and see for yourself.

Mark:

Somehow I don't think we'll have to worry about either me continuing to "dislike" Uncle Jerry less or the Sox winning a World Series next season.

Lip

Lip Man 1
12-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Jeremy:

Just FYI, from the Rogers Q & A:

ML: Any thoughts on what the Sox have to do to reconnect with the fans, many of whom refuse to return to the ballpark because of events over the past twenty years?

PR: "Short of winning a World Series, nothing short of an ownership change is going to do that. When I first got here and heard all the anti-owner talk, I didnít pay any attention to it. Iíve heard that everywhere. Itís always easy to blame the owner. I didnít understand the depth of feelings that Sox fans have in this issue. The Reinsdorf group, for whatever reason or reasons, is very unpopular. The only way to revitalize the franchise is to get new ownership."

ML: Finally how do you feel about the state of baseball on the South Side from the time you arrived in 1997 until today?

PR: "When I got here I thought this was a pretty good team. They had Belle, Thomas, Ventura and some good veteran pitchers. Now only Frank is left. This team loses position in the Chicago market place every year. Every year itís getting tougher and tougher for them to win. Maybe the new labor agreement will help that, but we wonít know until somewhere down the line how that may help the viability of this franchise."


Lip

kermittheefrog
12-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i don't understand giving a ton of low ratings on something like this. i love the club so its hard for me to detest all aspects of it. i gave the players the highest marks and i gave the club good marks for retaining players. we've held onto paully, maggs, and frank. i don't see how fans can complain about that while watching teams like kc give away dye, damon, etc. i gave reinsdorf slightly below average marks and i gave somewhat poor marks to the price of parking and concessions but outside of that i don't know how you could be that upset with this organization. the fact that we keep our payroll around 50 million and still have won a division title and finished at at least .500 the last few years can't make us worse than average.

I can easily give ones for things attracting quality players and using money efficiently.

jeremyb1
12-13-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jeremy:

Just FYI, from the Rogers Q & A:

ML: Any thoughts on what the Sox have to do to reconnect with the fans, many of whom refuse to return to the ballpark because of events over the past twenty years?

PR: "Short of winning a World Series, nothing short of an ownership change is going to do that. When I first got here and heard all the anti-owner talk, I didnít pay any attention to it. Iíve heard that everywhere. Itís always easy to blame the owner. I didnít understand the depth of feelings that Sox fans have in this issue. The Reinsdorf group, for whatever reason or reasons, is very unpopular. The only way to revitalize the franchise is to get new ownership."

ML: Finally how do you feel about the state of baseball on the South Side from the time you arrived in 1997 until today?

PR: "When I got here I thought this was a pretty good team. They had Belle, Thomas, Ventura and some good veteran pitchers. Now only Frank is left. This team loses position in the Chicago market place every year. Every year itís getting tougher and tougher for them to win. Maybe the new labor agreement will help that, but we wonít know until somewhere down the line how that may help the viability of this franchise."


oh ok. that makes plenty of sense. i thought you meant viable in terms of having success not in terms of the fanbase and the teams popularity.