PDA

View Full Version : Clayton's a Brewer

mike squires
12-11-2002, 01:06 PM
This may be old news, but Royce Clayton offically signed with the Brewers. Good place for him.

Iwritecode
12-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
This may be old news, but Royce Clayton offically signed with the Brewers. Good place for him.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

opps... I mean...

Good for him.

(chuckle...)

(snicker...)

As if the Brewer fans didn't have it bad enough already. First Navarro and now Clayton? AND they are run by Selig's daughter? I'd have to kill myself if I were a Brewers fan. Or at least do a lot of :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: and :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

moochpuppy
12-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer team or a nicer city.

duke of dorwood
12-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Doubtful, but I hope he hits .900 against the Flubs. He might if all games are after June 1

RKMeibalane
12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
:hitless

"I told you I'd be back."

:hurt

"Royce, nobody cares. Why don't you just keep your mouth shut?"

:walnuts

"I know, man. Royce, you shouldn't be here. You're a Brewer now. Go pester Richie Sexon or something."

Tragg
12-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Geeze - maybe they can reinvigorate navarro and hire terry bevington as manager.
I need to remember that whenever kenny manuel pisses me off "at least we aren't the brewers."

ode to veeck
12-11-2002, 04:01 PM
"I told you I'd be back."

Don't forget your sneakers

PaleHoseGeorge
12-11-2002, 05:05 PM
Besides trading for Jaime "I can't hit for the guys" Navarro and John "Poster child for MLB social promotion" Snyder, let's not forget this is the organization that gave up on Valentin because they wanted a shortstop that didn't make errors.

Be careful what you ask for...

:)

"Me and my sneakers will set a fielding percentage record that will probably stand forever!"

RichH55
12-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Besides trading for Jaime "I can't hit for the guys" Navarro and John "Poster child for MLB social promotion" Snyder, let's not forget this is the organization that gave up on Valentin because they wanted a shortstop that didn't make errors.

"Me and my sneakers will set a fielding percentage record that will probably stand forever!"

But Snyder beat Pedro! Hes going to win the Cy Young

RichH55
12-11-2002, 05:07 PM

Man if only the Brewers still had Bako to catch....then you could actually see a lineup where the pitcher is a viable Seventh hitter....Good times

Foulke You
12-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Wow. Clayton a cheeser. Should fit in with the rest of the losing organization up in Milwaukee. How does that GM still have job? I thought Miller Park was supposed to bring in revenue for them to spend on good players? I guess Bud will cry poor since it is a small market. Any word on his salary? If it is anything above league minimum + performance bonuses that GM needs to be fired.

"Oh yeah! Another defensive % franchise record is about to fall!"

WinningUgly!
12-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Wow. Clayton a cheeser. Should fit in with the rest of the losing organization up in Milwaukee. How does that GM still have job? I thought Miller Park was supposed to bring in revenue for them to spend on good players? I guess Bud will cry poor since it is a small market. Any word on his salary? If it is anything above league minimum + performance bonuses that GM needs to be fired.

"Oh yeah! Another defensive % franchise record is about to fall!"

"I demand a trade!"
http://mlb.mlb.com/mil/photo/ph_team_mascot.jpg

RichH55
12-11-2002, 08:01 PM
For any Brewers fans who read this thread...get used to this mindset

:pee :hitless

Viva Magglio
12-11-2002, 09:26 PM
I want to know who is going to give Royce his ice cream. You know he'll go insane without that!

Jjav829
12-12-2002, 01:11 AM
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2002/12/11/LOD7uy5M.jpg

Overstatement of the year:

"I love to set lofty goals, but you don't say I'm going to guarantee a pennant by me coming over here . But I'm going to break my neck trying,"

Gee, ya think? I am sure all the Brewers fans were jumping with joy at this signing and waiting for you to guarantee a pennant.

There were some priceless quotes that came out of this press conference.

RichH55
12-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2002/12/11/LOD7uy5M.jpg

Overstatement of the year:

Gee, ya think? I am sure all the Brewers fans were jumping with joy at this signing and waiting for you to guarantee a pennant.

There were some priceless quotes that came out of this press conference.

I like the one from the Gm that he liked Royces Offense....good times

RKMeibalane
12-12-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
I like the one from the Gm that he liked Royces Offense....good times

Now we know why the Brewers haven't been a contender since the days of Molitor and Yount. Their front-office is even more inept than the Sox is.

RichH55
12-12-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Now we know why the Brewers haven't been a contender since the days of Molitor and Yount. Their front-office is even more inept than the Sox is.

Sadly there are quite a few front offices out there significantly worse than the Sox....I honestly think the Sox are middle of the pack in MLB in that regard

RKMeibalane
12-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Sadly there are quite a few front offices out there significantly worse than the Sox....I honestly think the Sox are middle of the pack in MLB in that regard

I forgot about the Devil Rays and Cubs. :D:

Daver
12-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I forgot about the Devil Rays and Cubs. :D:

Ummm *cough* Orioles *cough*

PaleHoseGeorge
12-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Shouldn't that picture of the Milwaukee GM have a dunce cap on his head?

:smile:

RKMeibalane
12-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Shouldn't that picture of the Milwaukee GM have a dunce cap on his head?

:smile:

Perhaps. Now that The Choice is back in the National League, I'm wondering if he will still hit in number-nine slot, with the pitcher ahead of him.

RichH55
12-12-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by daver
Ummm *cough* Orioles *cough*

KC