PDA

View Full Version : Jaret Wright Gone

Lip Man 1
12-11-2002, 12:23 AM
15 game winner Jamie Wright has signed a one year deal with the San Diego Padres and is now off the market.

Geez, it looks like Colon, Vasquez or bust doesn't it?

Lip

OfficerKarkovice
12-11-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
15 game winner Jamie Wright has signed a one year deal with the San Diego Padres and is now off the market.

Lip

Not gonna lie to you...that title had me thinking what and the hell is up now. Anyway I thought he would have been a decent signing to a minor league contract. (and by the way I believe its Jaret Wright) Oh well....bring on Vasquez

jeremyb1
12-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Not gonna lie to you...that title had me thinking what and the hell is up now. Anyway I thought he would have been a decent signing to a minor league contract. (and by the way I believe its Jaret Wright) Oh well....bring on Vasquez

yeah. that title had my heart in my throat wondering what williams did now or if we'd been bitten by the injury bug again.

kermittheefrog
12-11-2002, 01:07 AM
Uhm Wright has never won 15 games in his life, his career high is 11. He's only once won more games than he lost, going 4-3 in just 16 startsin 1999. That and 2000 were his only decent seasons. Otherwise he's a replacable part. I don't get why you bothered reporting this.

voodoochile
12-11-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

yeah. that title had my heart in my throat wondering what williams did now or if we'd been bitten by the injury bug again.

I agree, it was confusing. I was caught by it too, so I changed the title.

Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Uhm Wright has never won 15 games in his life, his career high is 11. He's only once won more games than he lost, going 4-3 in just 16 startsin 1999. That and 2000 were his only decent seasons. Otherwise he's a replacable part. I don't get why you bothered reporting this.

It was Jaret who signed with the Padres anyway. Me thinks Lip was confused. Far as I can tell, there were no 15 game winners named Wright anywhere in MLB last year - though Dan won 14...

Just FYI Jaret isn't even listed in the ESPN stats section when you do a search for guys name Wright. I'm surprised he got a major league contract...

hose
12-11-2002, 06:19 AM

Lip

I think you are wrong about Wright.

Barry or Berry.

Jjav829
12-11-2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah it was ex-Indian headhunter Jaret Wright. 15 game winner? Well he he did a 15.00+ ERA last year. There goes our hopes for next year. Jaret Wright is gone. Damn!

HITMEN OF 77
12-11-2002, 11:51 AM
If you do get a pitcher, I hope we get Colon. He is a proven winner in both the American and National league!

Lip Man 1
12-11-2002, 12:36 PM

Barry or Berry.

Geez does this mean I'm qualified to be the Sox new GM? Sorry about the mix up. I caught it on a crawl on ESPN late last night and thought it was the guy who won 15 games with the Reds Jimmy Haynes.

Just a complete screw up on my part.

Lip

Iwritecode
12-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Wasn't there one time last year where Jaret Wright, Jamie Wright and Danny Wright all pitched on the same night? I think I caught that on BB tonight once. Kinda freaky...

:cool:

RichH55
12-11-2002, 03:09 PM

Barry or Berry.

Geez does this mean I'm qualified to be the Sox new GM? Sorry about the mix up. I caught it on a crawl on ESPN late last night and thought it was the guy who won 15 games with the Reds Jimmy Haynes.

Lip

Dont worry about it...its forgive and forget around here...I mean you make a mistake and only about 10 people jump on it :cool:

hose
12-11-2002, 05:30 PM

Barry or Berry.

Lip

My mistake I should have used teal since I was teasing.

I'll try it on this post

hose
12-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by hose
My mistake I should have used teal since I was teasing.

I'll try it on this post

How do you get this teal to work? :?:

voodoochile
12-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by hose
How do you get this teal to work? :?:

Highlight the text you want to change the color of and then click on the drop down menu that says "color" directly above the message box when you are typing a post (above the button that says "quote"). Then scroll down until you see the word teal (it's in teal) and click on it. You should get a popup box and the words should appear in the message line portion of that box, but if not, you can always exit the color box then cut from the main message box, reopen the color box and paste the words into the color message box message line using the right click on your mouse. Then hit enter...

The text should appear in the main message box surrounded by something that looks like this: COLOR=teal "text to change color" /COLOR with [] brackets surrounding the "tags". That should do it.

Hope this wasn't too confusing...

hose
12-13-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Highlight the text you want to change the color of and then click on the drop down menu that says "color" directly above the message box when you are typing a post (above the button that says "quote"). Then scroll down until you see the word teal (it's in teal) and click on it. You should get a popup box and the words should appear in the message line portion of that box, but if not, you can always exit the color box then cut from the main message box, reopen the color box and paste the words into the color message box message line using the right click on your mouse. Then hit enter...

The text should appear in the main message box surrounded by something that looks like this: COLOR=teal "text to change color" /COLOR with [] brackets surrounding the "tags". That should do it.

Hope this wasn't too confusing...

Voodooo thanks, I appreciate it.

With the your help all the pieces are in place, I have this whole thing figured out

With