PDA

View Full Version : Trachsel Gone


Lip Man 1
12-09-2002, 10:38 AM
For those of you who were pushing for the Sox to get Steve Trachsel he is now off the market.

The Daily Southtown had this story:

"Trachsel and the Mets made it happen Saturday night. They agreed on a two-year deal only a short time before a midnight deadline for the Mets to keep him."

The story also went on to list the teams that had contacted him and the Sox were not one of them.

Lip

NewyorkSoxFan
12-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Thank God, If he was the "#2" guy the Sox were looking for we would be in trouble. I watched him with the Mets this past year, and he is the epitome of a 5 and dive guy. The third time through the lineup he starts getting some "screamin me me's" hit.

K Dub' has got to step up this week at the winter meetings and get a quality starter, not a back of the rotation guy that he tries to sell as a #2 starter. Whether that is by trade or FA signing, give the players and the fans hope that they can compete.


NYSF

OneDog
12-09-2002, 11:45 AM
The Sox need a number two with a proven track record ala Greg Maddux or Bartolo Colon. If the Sox are truly looking to win by getting a solid # 2, that's who they should go after. I would even take Javier Vazquez or Paul Byrd before Trachsel. What the **** has Trachsel done to deserve #2 billing

Tragg
12-09-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For those of you who were pushing for the Sox to get Steve Trachsel he is now off the market.



Good news, indeed.

jeremyb1
12-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Thank God, If he was the "#2" guy the Sox were looking for we would be in trouble. I watched him with the Mets this past year, and he is the epitome of a 5 and dive guy. The third time through the lineup he starts getting some "screamin me me's" hit.

K Dub' has got to step up this week at the winter meetings and get a quality starter, not a back of the rotation guy that he tries to sell as a #2 starter. Whether that is by trade or FA signing, give the players and the fans hope that they can compete.


NYSF

he had a 3.3 era. i don't know who we could sign that's better than that.

Ol Aches & Pains
12-09-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For those of you who were pushing for the Sox to get Steve Trachsel he is now off the market.

The Daily Southtown had this story:

"Trachsel and the Mets made it happen Saturday night. They agreed on a two-year deal only a short time before a midnight deadline for the Mets to keep him."

The story also went on to list the teams that had contacted him and the Sox were not one of them.

Lip

To quote a well worn cliche, sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make.

34 Inch Stick
12-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Trachsell gone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. My prediction does not come true and now I must face the shame and scorn heaped upon me by the WSI family.

I also have to find another buster to champion.

bc2k
12-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Trachsell gone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. My prediction does not come true and now I must face the shame and scorn heaped upon me by the WSI family.

I also have to find another buster to champion.

You shouldn't receive shame and scorn for showing an interest in the Sox and, unlike our GM, having a plan to improve the team. But if you do receive scorn, have a hot cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace at RichH55's place. Perhaps he will place a picture of the fallen Trachsell on his mantle beside Jamie Moyer. Actually, you guys will be having cold cocoa since Rich doesn't have a hot stove from which to heat the beverage.

RichH55
12-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
You shouldn't receive shame and scorn for showing an interest in the Sox and, unlike our GM, having a plan to improve the team. But if you do receive scorn, have a hot cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace at RichH55's place. Perhaps he will place a picture of the fallen Trachsell on his mantle beside Jamie Moyer. Actually, you guys will be having cold cocoa since Rich doesn't have a hot stove from which to heat the beverage. ]

Don't worry about the stove....we can always use the candles I have surronding Moyer's photo to heat the beverage :cool: :gulp: