PDA

View Full Version : Parque and Ritchie


hold2dibber
12-08-2002, 02:57 PM
Didn't the Sox have to decide whether to offer arbitration to Ritchie and Parque by midnight last night? If so, has anyone heard whether or not they did so?

Daver
12-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Didn't the Sox have to decide whether to offer arbitration to Ritchie and Parque by midnight last night? If so, has anyone heard whether or not they did so?

They are not FA eliglble,so the Sox have until the 20th.

RichH55
12-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by daver
They are not FA eliglble,so the Sox have until the 20th.

Whats the scuttlebutt on those two getting arbitration...I think Ritchie gets it, but not Parque...nothing to base that on though

Daver
12-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Whats the scuttlebutt on those two getting arbitration...I think Ritchie gets it, but not Parque...nothing to base that on though

I heard KW on the radio the other day,they fully intend to bring Ritchie back,he did not mention Parque,but he did say he would like to see Rocky Biddle in the rotation.

jeremyb1
12-08-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by daver
I heard KW on the radio the other day,they fully intend to bring Ritchie back,he did not mention Parque,but he did say he would like to see Rocky Biddle in the rotation.

something interesting about ritchie, baseball weekly reported we'd deal him for next to nothing which seemingly serves no point. however, it would make kw look better since he could talk up some 25 year old A ball pitcher instead of being forced to non-tender his big offseason acquisition from last season. makes you wonder if we won't offer ritchie arbitration only to make williams look better.

RedPinStripes
12-08-2002, 07:03 PM
I'd rather see Ritchie gone weather it's for an "A" pitcher, or a player to be born later. He's holding back a Jon Rauch, Biddle, ect.

SouthSideHitman
12-08-2002, 07:11 PM
All that i've heard is that Ritchie is expected to be back on the southside next year (probably because only the flubs would be dumb enough to take him for anything more than a couple of kosher dogs). Apparently the Sox belive that Ritchie's mechanics were fixed at the end of last year. Remember how he wasn't wrapping the ball behind his back? So unless someone takes him, he spontaniously combusts or Raunch comes on like gangbusters in Arizona, look for #48 in pinstrips in '03.

I haven't heard anything about Parque since September though. That's good I hope.

Jerry_Manuel
12-08-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'd rather see Ritchie gone weather it's for an "A" pitcher, or a player to be born later. He's holding back a Jon Rauch, Biddle, ect.

I'd like to see him back.

baggio202
12-08-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'd rather see Ritchie gone weather it's for an "A" pitcher, or a player to be born later. He's holding back a Jon Rauch, Biddle, ect.

a player to be born later???....***** :D:

duke of dorwood
12-08-2002, 07:59 PM
I dont think he was shut down for a real serious injury, I'd like to see if he can rebound in long relief first.

Daver
12-08-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I dont think he was shut down for a real serious injury, I'd like to see if he can rebound in long relief first.

Don Cooper shut him down for a ruptured nerve that was affecting his delivery,that being said I would rather see him used as a starter,he did pretty well at the begining of last season.

HITMEN OF 77
12-08-2002, 08:26 PM
I would rather see Ritchie on the mound than Parque. I think Ritchie will have a fairly decent campaign this year. We should deal away Parque though.

mrwag
12-08-2002, 08:57 PM
I'd like to see Ritchie given one more shot. I mean, what do we have to lose? If he does rebound into a 12-14 game winner, which I think he could do, we've got something. I'd give Parque a shot in ST, and if he still doesn't have it, throw him in AAA until a trade or a release can be worked.

hose
12-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by daver
Don Cooper shut him down for a ruptured nerve that was affecting his delivery,that being said I would rather see him used as a starter,he did pretty well at the begining of last season.

I agree with you Daver.

jeremyb1
12-08-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by daver
Don Cooper shut him down for a ruptured nerve that was affecting his delivery,that being said I would rather see him used as a starter,he did pretty well at the begining of last season.

yeah. part of me wants to see him given another chance mostly because of how much i heard ed farmer rave about the changes in his delivery when he came back. i still think i'd rather see rauch/biddle though.

OEO Magglio
12-08-2002, 10:24 PM
I would also like to see Ritchie given another shot, I don't know, but I still do think he can come out be productive, he started out real hot last year, and hopefully he'll be healthy and pitch the whole season how he started off last season.

WinningUgly!
12-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I would also like to see Ritchie given another shot, I don't know, but I still do think he can come out be productive, he started out real hot last year, and hopefully he'll be healthy and pitch the whole season how he started off last season.

I agree. We might as well find out what the guy can do without Nardi around.