PDA

View Full Version : More Positives from Rogers

RichH55
12-08-2002, 09:04 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-021207sox,0,4268132.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Basically talks about Thomas and the Hall of Fame....speaks rather well of Thomas and the Sox.....I'm glad to see it

jeremyb1
12-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-021207sox,0,4268132.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Basically talks about Thomas and the Hall of Fame....speaks rather well of Thomas and the Sox.....I'm glad to see it

yeah. its easy to complain about the organization with kw and the helm but i'm really pleased with how we resolved frank's issues, and that we resigned maggs and paully.

baggio202
12-08-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
yeah. its easy to complain about the organization with kw and the helm but i'm really pleased with how we resolved frank's issues, and that we resigned maggs and paully.

no thanks to KW...he was in the DR...JR had to step in and fix this one....btw..shouldnt that be a warning sign to JR that KW cant do the job...since if it was left up to KW frank would be a dodger now???

RKMeibalane
12-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
no thanks to KW...he was in the DR...JR had to step in and fix this one....btw..shouldnt that be a warning sign to JR that KW cant do the job...since if it was left up to KW frank would be a dodger now???

I think JR now realizes that he made a mistake with KW. However, I don't expect him to do anything about it in the near future, because there aren't any quality general managers availible. Besides, most GM's wouldn't want to work for Reinsdorf. He isn't aggressive enough when it comes to winning. The Sox are stuck with Williams until Reinsdorf sells the team.

RichH55
12-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

I doubt the GM would have mattered...JR likes to negitionate certain contracts himself, and Frank seems to be one of those guys