PDA

View Full Version : Arbitration offers

rmusacch
12-07-2002, 11:30 PM
Today is the deadline for teams to offer arbitration to theie unsigned free agents. I take it is not the day that teams have to offer arbitration to the arbitration eligible players? I thought I had read somewhere earlier this week that the Sox had to decide by today to offer arbitration to Ritchie and Parque.

Daver
12-07-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Today is the deadline for teams to offer arbitration to theie unsigned free agents. I take it is not the day that teams have to offer arbitration to the arbitration eligible players? I thought I had read somewhere earlier this week that the Sox had to decide by today to offer arbitration to Ritchie and Parque.

They have until midnight.

rmusacch
12-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by daver
They have until midnight.

Are you sure? On ESPN.com, it just says today is the deadline to offer salary arbitration to their free agents. It does not say anything about non free agents.

Jjav829
12-08-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Are you sure? On ESPN.com, it just says today is the deadline to offer salary arbitration to their free agents. It does not say anything about non free agents.

Correct, the 7th is the deadline for Free Agents. The Sox have until the 20th (non FA deadline) to discuss a contract or offer arbitration.