PDA

View Full Version : new rumors

rcescato
12-06-2002, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone has heard any new rumors about
our Sox. I am beginning to like the Koch trade just because
it gives us some real heat in the pen. Pudge Rodrigez would
look good in our lineup. I might be dreaming to much for that though.

HawkDJ
12-06-2002, 05:23 PM
I would say rumors are a little bit of a sore spot for some WSI'ers right now.

Oh and BTW..... NO WAY do we sign Pudge Rodriguez and I don't want him either.

doublem23
12-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Pudge would be sweet, but he ain't coming here.

Hullett_Fan
12-06-2002, 05:30 PM
Welcome rcescato!

Yeah, rumors are a bit of a sore spot right now, simply because none of them involve the Sox (and most involve the Cubs)

Maybe they can pull off a trade at the winter meetings next weekend. Colon and/or Vasquez will definitely be traded somewhere by the Expos.

I'd like to have Pudge Rod...but this team is not signing any free agents and starting pitching is tops on my priority list.

rmusacch
12-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by rcescato
I was wondering if anyone has heard any new rumors about
our Sox. I am beginning to like the Koch trade just because
it gives us some real heat in the pen. Pudge Rodrigez would
look good in our lineup. I might be dreaming to much for that though.

You guys call yourself Sox fans and are calling him Pudge? There is only one Pudge and he retired nine years ago.

HawkDJ
12-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
You guys call yourself Sox fans and are calling him Pudge? There is only one Pudge and he retired nine years ago.

Young Sox fans mind you...well me at least.

BTW how could you want Pud...er...Ivan for the money he will be asking for? Sure hes a great player but I'd rather see that much money go to a starting pitcher or 3.

jeremyb1
12-06-2002, 05:54 PM

it used to anger me a lot at first that irod was called pudge especially since fisk was my favorite player growing up. however, over time i guess i've just become used to it and the longer fisk has been gone its become less offensive to me. i still think its ridiculous though.

rmusacch
12-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
it used to anger me a lot at first that irod was called pudge especially since fisk was my favorite player growing up. however, over time i guess i've just become used to it and the longer fisk has been gone its become less offensive to me. i still think its ridiculous though.

That is why it makes me mad. Fisk and Harold were my two favorite players. I cried when I heard Harold got traded to the Rangers. I remember where I was. I was on my way to get a haircut and heard it on the radio while living in Memphis.

Hullett_Fan
12-06-2002, 06:18 PM

I just forgot his real first name...couldn't come up with Ivan for the life of me. Doesn't look like an Ivan...doesn't look like Fisk either. Carlton (and Tim Hullett) were my favs.

TornLabrum
12-06-2002, 06:24 PM

Thanks, Ray. I thought I was the only one who was offended by that.

RedPinStripes
12-06-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I would say rumors are a little bit of a sore spot for some WSI'ers right now.

Oh and BTW..... NO WAY do we sign Pudge Rodriguez and I don't want him either.

Why not? Do you want Chad Krueter? (again) That's who we're prolly going to be stuck with. :(:

Daver
12-06-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Why not? Do you want Chad Krueter? (again) That's who we're prolly going to be stuck with. :(:

He's better than Josh Paul...............

RedPinStripes
12-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by daver
He's better than Josh Paul...............

They're both worth **** to me. And i definatly do NOT want to see 3 catchers going into the season .

:jerry
"Tinker time is near"

oldcomiskey
12-06-2002, 07:30 PM
That is why it makes me mad. Fisk and Harold were my two favorite players. I cried when I heard Harold got traded to the Rangers. I remember where I was. I was on my way to get a haircut and heard it on the radio while living in Memphis.
Howdy neighbor----since I live in north Mississippi that is-----nice little town you got there by the way......

RKMeibalane
12-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
:jerry
"Tinker time is near"

Joy.

baggio202
12-06-2002, 09:03 PM
well atleast it was IROD that took the name pudge.. just think if todd hundley was called pudge :whiner:

fuzzy_patters
12-06-2002, 11:29 PM
I don't want IROD unless he is going to switch to another position. Texas's pitchers typically have higher ERAs when he is behind the plate. A catcher's first priority should be to his pitchers and not to his offensive numbers or throwing percentage.

One rumor I have heard is that he always puts down #1 in running situations so he can throw out extra baserunners. This leads to homeruns for the opposition and helps no one but IROD.

I want a catcher, not a stat padder. Just say no to IROD.

RedPinStripes
12-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I don't want IROD unless he is going to switch to another position. Texas's pitchers typically have higher ERAs when he is behind the plate. A catcher's first priority should be to his pitchers and not to his offensive numbers or throwing percentage.

One rumor I have heard is that he always puts down #1 in running situations so he can throw out extra baserunners. This leads to homeruns for the opposition and helps no one but IROD.

I want a catcher, not a stat padder. Just say no to IROD.

Texas hasnt had any pitchers for him to call a good game with. And i think throwing out runners is very important since everyone runs on teh Sox and get away with it. Giving up stolen bases always put a runner in scoring position. not cool.

fuzzy_patters
12-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Texas hasnt had any pitchers for him to call a good game with. And i think throwing out runners is very important since everyone runs on teh Sox and get away with it. Giving up stolen bases always put a runner in scoring position. not cool.

Sacrificing homers for CS is not cool, either. Although it can add a couple of "cool" millions in salary.

Rocklive99
12-06-2002, 11:44 PM
That's true, but I'd take a SB over a homerun. And even though he is still young, Miguel Olivo is a hell of an arm

RedPinStripes
12-06-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Sacrificing homers for CS is not cool, either. Although it can add a couple of "cool" millions in salary.

Why would a pitcher listen to any catcher if he wants nothing but fast balls to pad his own stats? Pitchers have to have a bigger set of balls then that. Who has I-Rod ever had on that staff to keep low era's?

RedPinStripes
12-06-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
That's true, but I'd take a SB over a homerun. And even though he is still young, Miguel Olivo is a hell of an arm

Well how about the Sox? Their catcher sucks (not including olivo) and so do half their pitchers. So you give up a walk, a stolen base, and a home run.

Texas pitching staff is worse then the Sox. How is I-Rod responsible for that? So if they had Mark Johnson they'd all drop 100 points off their era?

Chrisaway
12-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Where's Ron Karkovice when ya need him? Any man who looks like a lobster is cool in my book.

RedPinStripes
12-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Chrisaway
Where's Ron Karkovice when ya need him? Any man who looks like a lobster is cool in my book.

LOL! I met him a few times. he seems real cool. And what a gun he had in his prime!

Chrisaway
12-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Yeah he was a cool guy. He signed a ball for me when i was like 11. And he was the last decent catcher we had.

fuzzy_patters
12-07-2002, 12:36 AM
Yeah he was a cool guy. He signed a ball for me when i was like 11. And he was the last decent catcher we had.

Charles Johnson was the last decent catcher we had. Karkovice was the last decent catcher we had for one whole season or more.

Chrisaway
12-07-2002, 12:49 AM
ehh rent-a-catchers dont count

OfficerKarkovice
12-07-2002, 11:16 AM
karko was indeed the man

OneDog
12-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Two things
1. I hate that Ivan is called Pudge.
When Ivan first came up and got the nickname Pudge it was because of his short and stocky appearance. But he came up while the original Pudge was still playing. If you give a guy a nickname based on a short stocky appearance why not call him Stocky or Stumpy (ala Blackhawks winger Steve "Stumpy" Thomas). I guess Pudge just sounds better.

2. While I like Ivan as a player and think that he has been the best player of his generation to squat, I don't want him on the Sox because of his last two injury plagued seasons. Generally once a major league catcher breaks down he doesn't regain his once glorious form. Anybody here want another Sandy Alomar Jr.