PDA

View Full Version : winter league


jeremyb1
12-05-2002, 04:08 AM
jiminez is still tearing things up in the dominican league hitting around .330. also, willie harris is hitting (.297) and even walking some (357 obp) in the puerto rican league.

MikeKreevich
12-05-2002, 06:47 AM
Thanks! Keep us informed.

hold2dibber
12-05-2002, 08:26 AM
Today's Trib reported that Munoz has 60 Ks in 30 IP in the Dominancan Republic! (But no other stats).

cwsgrl17
12-05-2002, 11:21 AM
is liefer in the winter leagues? let me know, i heard he was suppose to.

jeremyb1
12-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Today's Trib reported that Munoz has 60 Ks in 30 IP in the Dominancan Republic! (But no other stats).

yeah. munoz has doing quite well and apparently he's now going by arnie which i'm not sure i care for. hehe.

jeremyb1
12-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by cwsgrl17
is liefer in the winter leagues? let me know, i heard he was suppose to.

yeah. apparently he's just playing the last month or so. he's only played about 5 games so far but is doing well.

RichH55
12-05-2002, 04:43 PM
All good news in this thread? And of course only like 5 replies...ugh....If Jimenez was batting .179 I bet we would be at 30 replies by now....even I'm becoming a pessemist(sic)

hose
12-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
jiminez is still tearing things up in the dominican league hitting around .330. also, willie harris is hitting (.297) and even walking some (357 obp) in the puerto rican league.

Good to hear that Jiminez is tering up the Dominican League!!!!!!!

I would love to see Willie in the line up if he can prove that he can hit ML pitching .

Speed kills.

Chisoxfn
12-06-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by hose
Good to hear that Jiminez is tering up the Dominican League!!!!!!!

I would love to see Willie in the line up if he can prove that he can hit ML pitching .

Speed kills.

If only Willie can turn it on, then the Sox could play Jimenez at short and let Manos play utility. Anything to keep him and his butcher self off the field.

Manos, over-rated by all Sox fans, just like Sean Lowe once was.

RichH55
12-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
If only Willie can turn it on, then the Sox could play Jimenez at short and let Manos play utility. Anything to keep him and his butcher self off the field.

Manos, over-rated by all Sox fans, just like Sean Lowe once was.

Well this is simply misinformed...and Ill leave it at that

SouthSideHitman
12-07-2002, 12:17 AM
It seems that this year all those pitching prospects that the Sox have been drafting for years are coming out of the wordwork and living up to the hype. The only thing that worries me is that the only starter i've heard talked about is Josh Stewart. It seems foolish to me to have a lot of minor league relief pitching prospects when relievers are neither hard to come by or hard to convert from starters (why Royce Ring?). The Sox pen is so solid anyway, i hope that the A's will send us two minor league starters (rumour is that one is a starter). If the Sox can get a strong young rotation built around Buehrle with this lineup and all the hitting prospects coming seemingly out of nowhere, then I for one would be optimistic.