PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey renovations, take a look

irish rover
12-04-2002, 10:38 AM
For those wondering what the new color scheme looks like check out here. Not sure about about the other stuff

click on sports and entertainment, then comiskey
http://www.hksinc.com/2002/portfolio.htm

voodoochile
12-04-2002, 10:58 AM
Before someone asks, to get to sports and entertainment, you have to point your mouse at the string of squares below the main picture - the arrow points at the squares. The far right square is "sports and entertainment" and the names will popup when you point your mouse at them.

Looks like they added the HR porch. Maybe that is what the scaffolding is all about that people mentioned before. Is the 3 story restaurant new or are they referring to the club? Looks like there are some stairs going up off the concourse in the left field corner. Maybe they decided to dump some of JR's precious skyboxes and add a restaurant for the rest of us peons. Have to admit, it looks great and the black is much nicer than the white. Still too bad there isn't a view of the skyline in the background, that would have been way cool...

irish rover
12-04-2002, 11:07 AM
I live by Comiskey, the only thing I know for sure that has been done is the new color scheme, I haven't seen anything else done. I have seen blue tarps covering the openings by gates 1(rain room) and 7 so they may or may not be doing some work on the outfield concourse

Also another Stateway Garden building is in the process of being torn down which will leave one, not for sure when that will come down

Huisj
12-04-2002, 11:08 AM
I don't quite understand the description they gave on the site. A classic 80 year old stadium? uh, yeah, 1991 was 80 years ago? hmm. something about this tells me this isn't the actual renovation that is currently taking place, but more of a long term one. They aren't really going to already have that homerun porch in right this year, are they? that would be crazy.

gotta say, it looks pretty awesome though in the pictures. i like the black a lot too.

cheeses_h_rice
12-04-2002, 11:10 AM
LMAO -- they refer to Comiskey as an "80-year-old classic stadium"...maybe someone should tell them they're not rehabbing the OLD Comiskey.

Anyway, I liked what I saw. The HR porch would be way cool.

Huisj
12-04-2002, 11:24 AM
I just read in an article about renovations that hks is doing that they are doing major renovations at comiskey, so that's another sorce that says maybe more is getting done than we originally thought. this could be exciting

irish rover
12-04-2002, 11:27 AM
could you post that article or say where you found it, I'd like to read it

I also like the fact that they have kept it quite. Every time they announce renovations all people talk about is how bad the stadium is and how bad the UD is instead of talking about the positives

ozzman
12-04-2002, 11:45 AM
wow, those pictures look really cool. that restaurant looks to be in left field judging on the foul poul. but the question is, will it be added to the side of the upper deck or remove part of the upper deck?

Blueprint1
12-04-2002, 11:46 AM
I have a bad feeling that this is the plan that they said they did not have the money to fund. Its too bad this looks really good.

irish rover
12-04-2002, 11:48 AM
you maybe right, as far as the UD, they already repainted the roof so I don't think they are going to replace that anytime soon

Hangar18
12-04-2002, 12:20 PM
If you read correctly, it says that theyre going to make
changes to the "80 yr old ball classic ball park". (Frank Thomas Field will be the new name to the place)
Thats because those changes you see arent supposed to
happen until the year 2071.
Funny thing is, the Sox still wouldnt have gone to the
world series.
even funnier....neither will the cubs hahaha.

Brian26
12-04-2002, 12:24 PM
I'm a civil engineer, and I can guarantee that there's no way in heck that they could build that right field hr porch before next april 1.

I noticed some very cool things though:

Look VERY closely at photo #3. Look at the top right corner...where the upper deck is in the rightfield corner. It appears that there is a column/post coming down. Look closely at the upperdeck in photo #4. It appears there are columns (or posts) coming down at the top there also. Looks like they are trying to retro-fit columns in the upperdeck. In fact, this upperdeck looks much less high. The roof is completely different also. The roof in this picture isn't just painted black, but it is also a larger size and a flatter angle. It appears that the roof (at some point) is going to be completely replaced. Maybe the black paint this winter is temporary until they get the funds to go through with the rest of the project. This is sort of a quick fix.

I think it looks good.

Hangar18
12-04-2002, 12:26 PM
but seriously, WOW, they make those
changes to Comiskey....Sox will be back in business.
I love the faux "buildings" in the back...makes it
look like your really in the city (an idea I had a while back)
and the home run porch....MAN!! Like the Old Comiskey!!
Im suddenly excited for the sox again.....I think. (I hope)

HITMEN OF 77
12-04-2002, 12:28 PM
One thing about the new Comiskey that makes it unique compared to other newer ball parks is, they desinged and built it as a "new style" baseball park. They didn't have the double deck bull pens, the moving roofs, three or four deck seating in the outfield etc etc. They just built a great ballpark. Don't get me wrong the new photo's and construction look nice, but it sorta takes away the simplicity it had when it opened.

ozzman
12-04-2002, 12:29 PM
i REALLY like the new entrance to left field. and you are totally right about the ud and the roof. it would be amazing if these plans ever came to fruition. we can only hope and pray

Lip Man 1
12-04-2002, 12:39 PM
The HOK design pictures look fantastic but as some have already pointed out, these were the ORIGINAL design change pictures.

Until the Sox can get corporate sponsorship (since Uncle Jerry refuses to spend any of his money to make the changes) nothing substancial is going to take place.

Ironic that JR turned down a retro park for this abortion, and the state built it for him, now he demands that someone else pay the freight to make the changes in a structure he originally approved.

The state should tell him to kiss their rear ends. He wants changes let him pay for it!

Lip

Viva Magglio
12-04-2002, 01:16 PM
Basically, all I think they are doing is the color scheme and remodeling the upper deck concourse to make it look like the lower deck concourse. Also, look closely at the shot from the outfield concourse looking toward the third base side. Look on the far right of the picture, and you will see what looks like two-flats alongside the wall.

Hullett_Fan
12-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Man the plans look great!!!! Oops, just noticed I clicked on their plans for Ballpark at Arlington. LOL

The HOK design pictures look fantastic but as some have already pointed out, these were the ORIGINAL design change pictures.

Until the Sox can get corporate sponsorship (since Uncle Jerry refuses to spend any of his money to make the changes) nothing substancial is going to take place.

Ironic that JR turned down a retro park for this abortion, and the state built it for him, now he demands that someone else pay the freight to make the changes in a structure he originally approved.

The state should tell him to kiss their rear ends. He wants changes let him pay for it!

You're right on Lip. This is a pipedream...we should all know not to believe it until we see it. The only major renovations (if any) will be to the suites so JRs corporate sponsors have all the luxury they need to enjoy the All-Star game in style.

P.S. Their first renovation should be to tear down that huge TD Waterhouse billboard in left with the stock ticker on it. Never seen anything more out-of-place and ridiculous (against a backdrop of slums and projects). They don't even pull that #$%@ at Wrigley!

mrwag
12-04-2002, 02:08 PM
I think it looks awsome, but why go through all this and STILL KEEP THE FRIGGIN BLUE SEATS?!?!?!

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-04-2002, 02:31 PM
that looks really nice, i hope they do eventually make comiskey look like that

Daver
12-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by irish rover

Also another Stateway Garden building is in the process of being torn down which will leave one, not for sure when that will come down

It is scheduled to come down in the summer of 2003,pending relocation of the current residents.

SouthSideHitman
12-04-2002, 10:03 PM
The first thing i thougt when i saw the pictures was, that's too good to be true and it probably is. To do those renovations would take time (i'm guessing at least a couple of years) and money. Seeing as the Sox have too much time and too little money, this could be a while. Besides the possible selling of the naming rights (i can't see the Sox playing at someplace called Fifth-Third Stadium), what i would hate to see happen is have this dangled over our heads as reasons to support the team now or else the renovations keep creeping back. But when and if Comiskey looks like that, (especially with a better ud) who would have any excuse to waste their time at Wrigley.

nut_stock
12-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
But when and if Comiskey looks like that, (especially with a better ud) who would have any excuse to waste their time at Wrigley.

You'll still here people saying..."but they're aren't any bars around Comiskey..."

fuzzy_patters
12-04-2002, 11:15 PM
(i can't see the Sox playing at someplace called Fifth-Third Stadium),

I can see it now, Fifth-Third on thirty-fifth. Way to pick an appropriate sponsor.

nut_stock
12-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Which of the remaining 2 Stwy gardens bldgs is coming down, the one to the North or South?

VeeckAsInWreck
12-05-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
You'll still here people saying..."but they're aren't any bars around Comiskey..."

Notice that Bridgeport residents don't complain about public urination? Let's keep it that way!

Either way the changes to the park look good but I doubt they will happen unless the park gets renamed to "Boeing Field" or something like "Lasalle Bank Park". The easy solution for now is green seats !

Blueprint1
12-05-2002, 10:21 AM
I wish there was some more info on this. I also wish we could get some bigger pictures. I thought we wanted the park done for the All star game. I think these changes could make Comiskey a very popular place. My only fear is that people stil wont stop about the Upper Deck. I don't mind the Upper deck at Comiskey I think that most people that have sat up there know its not that bad. Every seat has a great view of the game.

Huisj
12-05-2002, 11:02 AM
fifth-third field huh? sounds ridiculous, but guess what? up here in GR, that's exactly what the minor league stadium is called where the west michigan white caps play. just thought that was funny that you picked that . . .

voodoochile
12-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
fifth-third field huh? sounds ridiculous, but guess what? up here in GR, that's exactly what the minor league stadium is called where the west michigan white caps play. just thought that was funny that you picked that . . .

That's the name of the minor league stadium in Dayton also. Maybe they could get them to name it 3rd/5th field which would at least make reference to the street it is on.

Personally, I don't care what they name it, just sell the rights and get the money. I guess selling those rights to Wrigley gum company would be a bit much, but anything else they should take the money and run all the way to the bank...

RibbieRubarb
12-05-2002, 01:45 PM
The Sox are very good at keeping things under wraps, secret-like. It wouldn't surprise me that a lot of these things being completed for the 2003 season.
As for the naming rights, I have a buddy who works for the Sox. He saw a model of the this exact same studium in the pictures with the name "Household Field at Comiskey Park" on the miniature scoreboard.
They may have already sold the naming rights...just not publisized it yet until the big re-opening.
On a bright note, I like the idea of trying to keep Comiskey Park in the name

Kilroy
12-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by RibbieRubarb
The Sox are very good at keeping things under wraps, secret-like. It wouldn't surprise me that a lot of these things being completed for the 2003 season.
As for the naming rights, I have a buddy who works for the Sox. He saw a model of the this exact same studium in the pictures with the name "Household Field at Comiskey Park" on the miniature scoreboard.
They may have already sold the naming rights...just not publisized it yet until the big re-opening.
On a bright note, I like the idea of trying to keep Comiskey Park in the name

The deal w/ household fell thru months ago.

RibbieRubarb
12-05-2002, 02:38 PM
I should keep in touch better with my friends...lol

chisox06
12-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
One thing about the new Comiskey that makes it unique compared to other newer ball parks is, they desinged and built it as a "new style" baseball park. They didn't have the double deck bull pens, the moving roofs, three or four deck seating in the outfield etc etc. They just built a great ballpark. Don't get me wrong the new photo's and construction look nice, but it sorta takes away the simplicity it had when it opened.

Your exactly right, the problem is people dont like the "new styles" and Comiskey has gotten nothing but ridicule over the past 11 years. I love Comiskey too, compared to a place like Comerica Park where there are Ferris wheels Carousles and just about every other activity other than a place the watch a baseball game ( but hey its the Tigers). Comiskey is a great place for die hard fans to sit down and watch a game, but I gotta say the place is pretty sterile and not the most friendly thing to look at compared to some of the other fields that have recently gone up (Astros, Safeco). If these renovations that I see in these pictures actually happen, it would be great, it would give Comiskey a more retro feel and a better atmosphere for everyone. More families and more kids would pack the stands and I think there overall attendence would shoot way up. But this is the Sox and Jerry Reinsdorf so Im not holding my breath.

chisox06
12-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Huisj

Hey Huisj I lived in GR for 12 years on the North East side, personally I liked "Old Kent Park" much better because it went along with Kent county, but when 5/3rd bought them out there you have it. What side of town are ya from?

Huisj
12-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Hey Huisj I lived in GR for 12 years on the North East side, personally I liked "Old Kent Park" much better because it went along with Kent county, but when 5/3rd bought them out there you have it. What side of town are ya from?

I'm actually a student at Calvin College. I grew up in Lansing though, home of the pathetically named lugnuts. actually they have stadium naming problems of their own now--theirs is oldsmobile park, but what happens in a year when oldsmobile is done being phased out? and why are they called the lugnuts (when they moved to lansing, they had a city wide name the team contest--lugnuts was the best they could come up with???) oh and their logo is a bolt, not a nut. of course, then the cubs bought them a few years back . . . so now all the stupidity makes sense . . .

guillen4life13
12-05-2002, 07:19 PM
For some reason the link for 'Comiskey Park' isn't working for me. Can some of you post the pictures on this board or something, or offer a solution? All of the other links work, but not this one.

Jerry_Manuel
12-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
For some reason the link for 'Comiskey Park' isn't working for me. Can some of you post the pictures on this board or something, or offer a solution? All of the other links work, but not this one.

I noticed that a little while ago.

Either there is some sort of an error, or the page was taken down.

The site is in flash now, so in order to get the photos, someone would have to print screen, and cut them out and such. Try the site again on Friday and see if the images are back.

RibbieRubarb
12-06-2002, 08:39 AM
I think it was taken down on purpose. Every other project is still available. They were talking about it on the score today and it is interesting as the site leaked yeaterday...suddenly it's not available.
Makes me think these additions ARE happening

voodoochile
12-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by RibbieRubarb
I think it was taken down on purpose. Every other project is still available. They were talking about it on the score today and it is interesting as the site leaked yeaterday...suddenly it's not available.
Makes me think these additions ARE happening

Funny how that all happened shortly after Irish_Rover broke the story here at WSI, no?

Hullett_Fan
12-06-2002, 08:58 AM
I think it was taken down on purpose. Every other project is still available. They were talking about it on the score today and it is interesting as the site leaked yeaterday...suddenly it's not available. Makes me think these additions ARE happening

Actually makes me think those additions are NOT happening. Wouldn't the Sox publicize all these great renovations in order to boost season ticket sales and generate overall enthusiasm for the park??? IMO, they took it off the site so we wouldn't have high expectations on openning day. Of course, my fingers are crossed that they will indeed go through with this plan.

THE_HOOTER
12-06-2002, 09:01 AM
As much as I would love to believe these changes will happen, I have to expect the worst when it comes to the Sox.

I would bet the park will have some minor changes such as the lighting being painted black.

As for the rest of it, I will believe when I see it.

I can't help it, but this team has let me down sooooooooooo many times, I have become a skeptical man!

hold2dibber
12-06-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Actually makes me think those additions are NOT happening. Wouldn't the Sox publicize all these great renovations in order to boost season ticket sales and generate overall enthusiasm for the park??? IMO, they took it off the site so we wouldn't have high expectations on openning day. Of course, my fingers are crossed that they will indeed go through with this plan.

I agree; I'm guessing the Sox and the architects have this plan in the works, but it is more of a long term plan and the Sox got pissed it was on the web giving Sox fans the impression that the renovations would be made sooner rather than later. I certainly hope these plans come to fruition eventually, because although I don't dislike the park now, I don't have any real affection for it; with the changes they've proposed, I think that would change dramatically.

Blueprint1
12-06-2002, 09:13 AM
Yep the site doesnt work anymore. I guess that means the changes are not going to happen. That really sucks.

voodoochile
12-06-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan

Good point. Not surprising HKS wants to advertise their plans. They want to turn a sows ear into a silk purse and their plans would do exactly that. But if the Sox aren't willing to outlay the money to make it happen, they just look cheaper than they already do and the media would have a field day if this story continued to linger. Having the pictures up when they aren't planning on going through with it immediately would be a huge PR nightmare (again)...

Kilroy
12-06-2002, 09:48 AM
This is not new news, people. We looked at the same conceptuals well over a year ago, just on a different site. It's also not news that those renovations are not happening.

Here is what is happening:

1) The concrete facade of the stadium is being dyed a darker shade of gray.

2) The upper deck concourse is being modified in the same vein as what was done on the lower deck concourse.

Anything else done will be in a lesser scale than those two things.

That's it. End of story.

Cheryl
12-06-2002, 09:51 AM
It's possible they had yet another naming rights deal fall through, so the renovations have been postponed again.
They certainly wouldn't want to publicize that, not after the Household Finance deal went bust.

voodoochile
12-06-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
This is not new news, people. We looked at the same conceptuals well over a year ago, just on a different site. It's also not news that those renovations are not happening.

Here is what is happening:

1) The concrete facade of the stadium is being dyed a darker shade of gray.

2) The upper deck concourse is being modified in the same vein as what was done on the lower deck concourse.

Anything else done will be in a lesser scale than those two things.

That's it. End of story.

The pictures from the previous year that we discoverd some time ago seemed less detailed. The new pictures and the change of colors (which was not included in the original plans) makes me wonder if they redid those plans. Still, the fact that they are now down off the site probably means that you are correct and the changes planned for this season are much more minimal...

Kilroy
12-06-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The pictures from the previous year that we discoverd some time ago seemed less detailed. The new pictures and the change of colors (which was not included in the original plans) makes me wonder if they redid those plans. Still, the fact that they are now down off the site probably means that you are correct and the changes planned for this season are much more minimal...

True, they were a bit different. I liked the black alot. But there has been no indication whatsoever that a new attempt at getting the HR porch and new entrances was made. And at this point, there's not enuf time to get that stuff done by April.

Altho, Lambeau is under construction, and they are playing there. Maybe they're thinking that they just need to get done by the all star break.

I'll see if I can sniff out some info.

Lip Man 1
12-06-2002, 12:58 PM
With the pictures now down off the HOK site it brings up an interesting question.

WHO from the Sox was trolling the WSI boards, saw all the conversations about the pictures and called HOK to get them down?

Hmmmmmmm...... something had to have happened, it's not coincidence those pictures suddenly came down on their own!

Lip

fuzzy_patters
12-06-2002, 02:22 PM
WHO from the Sox was trolling the WSI boards, saw all the conversations about the pictures and called HOK to get them down?

Great point, I was just thinking the same thing. I suppose that means KW knows how we all feel about him.

chisox06
12-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Great point, I was just thinking the same thing. I suppose that means KW knows how we all feel about him.

Thats why we should start a KW sucks post in big bold letters for the subject, and then ya know talk about how much he sucks.

cheeses_h_rice
12-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
With the pictures now down off the HOK site it brings up an interesting question.

Hmmmmmmm...... something had to have happened, it's not coincidence those pictures suddenly came down on their own!

Lip

No, they certainly didn't come down on their own.

But any good webmaster can read their site traffic and realize when one section of pages is suddenly getting hit multiple times an hour and realize something's up. I think it's more likely someone who works at the firm on their website saw something weird, saw where the hits were being redirected from, and started asking the higher-ups if the pages were "correct" or not.

Brian26
12-06-2002, 04:06 PM
Why in the heck would HKS care if their website was getting a ton of hits? Granted, it's not a commercial company that offers services the average person is going to use. Yet, I'm sure they don't mind the increased traffic at all.

I guarantee that someone from the Sox front office was trolling the boards or was tipped off and came here to check it out. Then, because they dont want those photos out to the public, they called up HKS and made them take it down.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. The renderings were correct...there was nothing "wrong" with them. It's just that they were supposed to be seen by us.

Who are the Sox trolls????

Hullett_Fan
12-06-2002, 04:16 PM
I guarantee that someone from the Sox front office was trolling the boards or was tipped off and came here to check it out. Then, because they dont want those photos out to the public, they called up HKS and made them take it down. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. The renderings were correct...there was nothing "wrong" with them.

Yeah, the renderings were correct and looked great. Again, IMO the Sox front office doesn't want us to see them because it ain't happening. These plans would have been in the papers immediately after the season ended (when they closed the upper deck). Granted, JR and Gallas aren't in their right minds, but who in their right mind would not want to publicize this if it were happening.

As we know JR wants every $ he can get, and this 'new' ballpark would generate at least slightly increased season ticket sales.

cheeses_h_rice
12-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Why in the heck would HKS care if their website was getting a ton of hits? Granted, it's not a commercial company that offers services the average person is going to use. Yet, I'm sure they don't mind the increased traffic at all.

I guarantee that someone from the Sox front office was trolling the boards or was tipped off and came here to check it out. Then, because they dont want those photos out to the public, they called up HKS and made them take it down.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. The renderings were correct...there was nothing "wrong" with them. It's just that they were supposed to be seen by us.

Who are the Sox trolls????

First off, your definition of "trolling" is confused -- do you mean to say "perusing" the Sox site? "Lurking"? If so, I can see that being a possibility here; if the HKS drawings weren't to be made public until the funding for the remodeling was in place, it's possible someone who works for the Sox reads message boards like this one and reported this to the club, who in turn told the architects to take down the pages.

But, IMO, it's equally plausible that the relatively huge increase in hits to that one section of their website might have caused some internal discussions at the firm about whether or not these pages should be up, in light of the fact that the remodeling plans aren't going to take effect for possibly several years. Maybe they just thought it would be prudent to not show these. I wasn't saying the drawings weren't "correct" -- I'm sure these are the Sox's eventual plans for Comiskey -- but rather that they weren't mirroring the ACTUAL work that was to take place in the near future, thus leading interested parties such as us to draw the wrong conclusion.

Hangar18
12-06-2002, 05:01 PM
I tend to believe that somene from the Sox front office
saw that the True Fans were discussing this and we were
able to look at pictures (something they never released
to the public before) and now......
Told them to take it down Immediately, so that we would stop
talking about it. But as the Seinfeld character "Kramer"
would say...."the cats out of the Bag"!!
I was able to print some pictures, so the Sox cant deny
this ever existed, which is what they want us to believe.
We have Pictures now...and what Everyone here,
Not just those of us Reading This, but spread the word...
we need to do the same thing the Chicago Media did with
the Cubs. Start pressuring Jerry R. and Sox Mgmt to
build this. And Build It Now. Why should we be treated
like 2nd Class Citizens....just because the SOX let us get
treated like this....and just Because the media whores
known as the Cubs treat us like this??
No is the Answer. Starting at SoxFest.....it is your/our
Duty and Obligation, as Sox Fans, to pester, and prod, and
poke, and ask, and never stop the pressure of Letting Uncle
Jerry know that we are not happy with this colossal mistake
known as Comiskey Park, and BUILD THE DANG STADIUM we
were supposed to get. And while hes at it.......Give Us the
WORLD SERIES HE TOOK AWAY FROM US in 1994!
I guess its up to us here folks.....
We can Make this stadium happen, but We ALL have to
help in this. I called that HKS firm and told them
we all hope this gets built......

PaleHoseGeorge
12-06-2002, 06:24 PM

Lip

I'm guessing it was HSC's inside source.

:gulp:

Bobby Thigpen
12-06-2002, 06:36 PM
I agree that the designs look great. Don't get me wrong, I like new Comiskey, but if they remodeled it to look like the designs it would go from being a good park to a fantastic park. My biggest suggestion would be to not only put a homer porch in right but one in left as well. I personally think that would look much nicer than faux buildings. I think that if you wanted buildings they should have rotated Comisket to face north, but of course that didn't happen either. Lastly I hope that either KW or JR do read so that they at least know how we feel about them.

Lip Man 1
12-06-2002, 08:55 PM
I'm guessing it was HSC's inside source.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Post Of The Week Material!!!

Was that the same person who said "Thomas would sign with the Orioles" (see post #101 on the ESPN Rumor Central thread.)

Lip

RedPinStripes
12-06-2002, 09:04 PM
That was never said to be a done deal like the trade. Do you make it a point to be a jagoff? Drop it already.

DVG
12-06-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
That was never said to be a done deal like the trade. Do you make it a point to be a jagoff? Drop it already.

Leave the Lipster alone. I'm sure he's never made a mistake in
his journalistic career. Someday, I hope us peons can achieve
such perfection.

SouthSideHitman
12-06-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm beginning to think that the cosmos are against Sox Fans. For whatever reason, plans for future renovations to our park were posted that may or may not ever happen for just long enough to see the green grass on the other side. Now, knowing JR, we probably won't know what will happen until the crews start work (and that's if we're lucky). Sigh... Hey, the one thing this does tell us is that the Sox are activly doing something to improve the experience of fans unfortunatly, that's something new and exciting to Sox Fans. BTW, does anyone know if they froze Bill Veck? Cause I could sure use him.

Lip Man 1
12-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Cheese:

Just FYI, this was posted on the thread entitled "Comiskey Renovations..."

"I also have a friend who works for Sox who refuses to tell me anything but confirmed they told HKS to take pictures that were too revealing off their website."

Hmmmmm....maybe it WASN'T the "webmaster?"

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
12-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Cheese:

"I also have a friend who works for Sox who refuses to tell me anything but confirmed they told HKS to take pictures that were too revealing off their website."

Lip

Okay, so we know at least one person from the Sox front office is lurking here. Now we need a list of suspects.

Alan Aqua?
Anita Quencher??
Li'l Thirsty???

:)

Daver
12-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Okay, so we know at least one person from the Sox front office is lurking here. Now we need a list of suspects.

Alan Aqua?
Anita Quencher??
Li'l Thirsty???

:)

Gigantic head,with a name like that it has to be Rob Gallas

voodoochile
12-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Well, if the pictures are considered "too revealing" that is really, really good news. Much better than "too much of a headache to explain why it didn't happen that way."

chisox06
12-07-2002, 09:44 PM
I guess even if the pictures (that looked awesome by the way) arent factual it at least shows that sox management has realized that Comiskey needs a face-lift to attract new fans and have thought about what they could do to make comiskey a better place.

cheeses_h_rice
12-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Cheese:

Lip

Lip, I saw that, so I guess you were right after all. It seemed just a bit too paranoiac to me, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction with this ballclub....

Mule Haas
12-08-2002, 06:08 PM
The lead HKS architect on the project showed me the drawings a year ago, but he made it clear that the final stage - with HR porch and lowered UD - would only happen with $$ from a naming rights sponsor. The money from the new SF deal is funding the current "minor" renovations

We need 5/3 or someone else to come thru. It IS encouraging that there's a decent plan on the drawing boards.

CHISOXFAN13
12-08-2002, 09:05 PM
I drive by the park daily at least twice, and I've been thinking that the new color scheme on the outside sure would look great with green seats. Could this be one of the suprise improvements??? God I hope so.

hose
12-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mule Haas
The lead HKS architect on the project showed me the drawings a year ago, but he made it clear that the final stage - with HR porch and lowered UD - would only happen with $$ from a naming rights sponsor. The money from the new SF deal is funding the current "minor" renovations

We need 5/3 or someone else to come thru. It IS encouraging that there's a decent plan on the drawing boards.

Besides the SF money being used on the present upgrades, do you happen to recall what the total cost for the complete project would have been?

If 5/3 pays for the naming rights, I'm moving all my money to their bank.........hope they have a coin counting machine...LOL

Mule Haas
12-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by hose
Besides the SF money being used on the present upgrades, do you happen to recall what the total cost for the complete project would have been?

i believe it was $50M