PDA

View Full Version : Wishfull thinking

MaggPipes
12-03-2002, 09:18 PM
After I saw we got rid of MJ I got to thinking.....we can't possibly go into the season with Josh Paul and Miguel Olivo............Olivo will be fine but he needs a mentor and Paul is not it.....here is to hoping we sign I-Rod to a 1 or 2 year deal since there is no market for him right now.....he will have more incentive to play better for a year to show he is healthy and we can throw Olivo in there to learn from the master....also DH I-Rod every once in a while.....well like i said this is just WISHFULL thinking........

hsc1
12-03-2002, 09:20 PM
in all honesty i would rather see alomar back to mentor olivo... he is good and well respected by the pitching staff.......i couldnt think of a better guy to bring this kid up to speed in the majors.......

OfficerKarkovice
12-03-2002, 09:26 PM
I don't want IRod...but I'm not sure Alomar's knees are healthy enough to get him through even a few games in relief of Olivo. If he could just produce a little bit for us it might be worth it.

duke of dorwood
12-03-2002, 09:46 PM
There may be a Joe Girardi in our future.

RKMeibalane
12-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
There may be a Joe Girardi in our future.

There may also be a gaping hole at the bottom of the lineup. I don't want Girardi. He's no better than Johnson. Besides, there's no need to pollute the Sox clubhouse with Cubs scum.

chisox06
12-03-2002, 10:02 PM
I started a thread about I-rod earlier and givin the salary hes got tagged with him I dont see it happening, although I would love to see him behind the plate for 1-2 years.

Daver
12-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
I started a thread about I-rod earlier and givin the salary hes got tagged with him I dont see it happening, although I would love to see him behind the plate for 1-2 years.

That would be the absolute worse thing you could do to a young pitching staff.

Lip Man 1
12-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Here's a perverse thought:

TODD HUNDLEY in a White Sox uniform?

Think about it....what do the Dodgers need him for considering they have Paul LoDuca? and Williams said on the "official" White Sox web site, he's still looking for a veteran catcher.

Perhaps Williams doesn't want to deal with the Cubs directly and would rather be taken by his former associate Dan Evans.

Just a thought.

Lip

RKMeibalane
12-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by daver
That would be the absolute worse thing you could do to a young pitching staff.

Agreed. Rodriguez would not be a good fit with this team. Olivio is too young to be an everyday player, but he should get some time behind the plate. In a few years, he will be responsible for the Sox pitching staff, so he deserves a chance to grow up with them.

Daver
12-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Agreed. Rodriguez would not be a good fit with this team. Olivio is too young to be an everyday player, but he should get some time behind the plate. In a few years, he will be responsible for the Sox pitching staff, so he deserves a chance to grow up with them.

A few years is an overstatement.

hsc1
12-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Here's a perverse thought:

TODD HUNDLEY in a White Sox uniform?

Think about it....what do the Dodgers need him for considering they have Paul LoDuca? and Williams said on the "official" White Sox web site, he's still looking for a veteran catcher.

Perhaps Williams doesn't want to deal with the Cubs directly and would rather be taken by his former associate Dan Evans.

Just a thought.

Lip

akkkk.... that is a perverse thought.....dont give kw any ideas huh....havent we suffered through enough already without adding hundley to the madness.........lol......

RKMeibalane
12-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by daver
A few years is an overstatement.

Sorry. When I said that, I meant Olivio will be starting full time by 2004 at the latest. I expect him to play about 90-100 games next year.

RichH55
12-03-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by hsc1
akkkk.... that is a perverse thought.....dont give kw any ideas huh....havent we suffered through enough already without adding hundley to the madness.........lol......

We wont get Hundley due to money concerns....and we are better off for it