PDA

View Full Version : Williams, Foulke on ESPN 1000

THE_HOOTER
12-03-2002, 09:18 PM
On my way home from work I heard both interviews during the Mcneil show.

Williams didn't have much to say; Anybody else notice he is crabby most of the time? I suppose that's normal behavior for an embarrassed, over matched G.M.

Foulke was cordial, said he will miss Chicago a lot, and the fans. He said he is looking forward to going to an organization that does things a little different. Overall, he said there was no problem between him and the powers that be, and that he was shocked but not surprised.

He said Jon Garland will be a stud; just give him time. He thinks the clubhouse is a large mix; a lot of seperate groups.

If someone posted this, I apologize.

We lost a classy, tough team guy today. This trade will haunt us just like the Ritchie trade.

duke of dorwood
12-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Williams said we got Koch "tied up for 3 years and Foulke is a FA next year". Its amazing that he admits Valentine will be a good player like the other 2 were throw ins.

RichH55
12-03-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Williams said we got Koch "tied up for 3 years and Foulke is a FA next year". Its amazing that he admits Valentine will be a good player like the other 2 were throw ins.

After trading a guy...very very few GMs would go on record and say Player X is going to be awful thats why we dealt him....so I dont see whats so amazing as to KW saying Valentine will be good...thats what he is supposed to say...its like a team in a playoff hunt saying to take it one day at a time

hsc1
12-03-2002, 10:19 PM
i dont doubt for one minute that valentine would be good... that kid was awesome from what i saw of him this past summer.... i hate the fact that we gave him away......i didnt hear the kw interview but im sure he didnt have much to say anyhow like usual.. could someone please repeat what he had to say if they remember......thanks......