PDA

View Full Version : I nominate Alan Aqua...

PaleHoseGeorge
12-03-2002, 09:12 PM
...as best new username on the board. :smile:

I'm still waiting for someone to register as funnel_cake or bavarian_creme_churro. Now THAT'S a Sox Fan!

:gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
12-03-2002, 09:44 PM
What about all those screen names you made up from that Blue Cross commerical that would air ESPN Radio during games? :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
What about all those screen names you made up from that Blue Cross commerical that would air ESPN Radio during games? :smile:

Well, I can't remember those at the moment since it's been over two months since ESPN stopped drilling them into my head.

I remember MovingMobileUnit, TonOfEmotion, and DoYouLuvYoBabyMomma.

:smile:

Jerry_Manuel
12-03-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Well, I can't remember those at the moment since it's been over two months since ESPN stopped drilling them into my head.

I remember MovingMobileUnit, TonOfEmotion, and DoYouLuvYoBabyMomma.

:smile:

That's it.

Wasn't there one about immunizing just one child, or something like that?:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-03-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
That's it.

Wasn't there one about immunizing just one child, or something like that?:

Yeah, that was Quincy_Alexander and her MovingMobileUnit, Called_Caravan. I thing the username was IfEyeCanImmunizeJusOneChile.

I wonder what the people from Blue Cross would think about the advertising dollars they blow on Sox radiocasts after reading us tear up on them?

Jerry_Manuel
12-03-2002, 10:03 PM
I wonder what the people from Blue Cross would think about the advertising dollars they blow on Sox radiocasts after reading us tear up on them?

I would tend to think that what we're doing, is far better than what Rob Gallas is doing for them.

Alan Aqua
12-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Long time lurker. At least Billy Beane's latest thrashing of KW finally got me to register!!

One of my favorite classic bits of Rooney and Farmer came from the radio broadcast of the first game in the 2000 playoffs when Jose Paniaqua entered the game. Ed was talking about "Joe Bread and Water" and "Joe Table" when Rooney reminded him "not to forget about Alan Aqua" !!!

I don't think 2000 was Alan's year, I think Lil' Thirtsy came out on top.

Daver
12-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Alan Aqua
Long time lurker. At least Billy Beane's latest thrashing of KW finally got me to register!!

One of my favorite classic bits of Rooney and Farmer came from the radio broadcast of the first game in the 2000 playoffs when Jose Paniaqua entered the game. Ed was talking about "Joe Bread and Water" and "Joe Table" when Rooney reminded him "not to forget about Alan Aqua" !!!

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Unregistered
12-03-2002, 11:38 PM
I fell hard for Anita Quencher back in the day...

RichH55
12-04-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Alan Aqua

Welcome to the board....John Bread and Water was one of my favorite nicknames....Has he signed with a team yet?

duke of dorwood
12-04-2002, 11:14 AM
That race was so much better thatn that ridiculous Pizza race the past 2 years.

Hangar18
12-04-2002, 11:32 AM
I agree, Alan Aqua is one of the Cleverest names ive seen
here. Must be a real sox fan....I got it right away when
I saw it and laughed out loud. nice one.

RichH55
12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
That race was so much better thatn that ridiculous Pizza race the past 2 years.

The pizza race is awful.....I'm all for the contests and digital mindset to entertain, but every time they "take to the air" I cringe and question humanity as to why to is actually considered entertainment

Brian26
12-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Farmer had another classic line from that same radio broadcast. I remember it very cleary because I had the tv volume turned down and the radio volume turned up. Paniagua (I believe) came out to pitch and was wearing a diamond stud earring.

Farmer, in that dry-monotone voice, says:

"Paniagua... wearing the diamond stud earring in his left ear........(5 second pause)....are you hear to play baseball or go out on a date?"

Rooney, in the background, starts cracking up. I start cracking up at home listening to it. Classic Stuff.

Those guys are the best.

Cheryl
12-04-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
The pizza race is awful.....I'm all for the contests and digital mindset to entertain, but every time they "take to the air" I cringe and question humanity as to why to is actually considered entertainment

I hated the pizza race. Now, if they dressed people up like pizza slices and had them run around the warning track, that would be differrent. Yes, a total rip off of the Sausage Race, but much more entertaining than flying pizza on the 'Tron.

RichH55
12-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I hated the pizza race. Now, if they dressed people up like pizza slices and had them run around the warning track, that would be differrent. Yes, a total rip off of the Sausage Race, but much more entertaining than flying pizza on the 'Tron.

If you are going to rip off an idea....at least rip off a good one.... Bring on the guys dressed like Pizza!

Foulke You
12-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that was Quincy_Alexander and her MovingMobileUnit, Called_Caravan. I thing the username was IfEyeCanImmunizeJusOneChile.

Hey! Don't forget Jaundiced_Baby, Takencareofeverything, and Thats4thephonecallumade!

Chisox353014
12-04-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I fell hard for Anita Quencher back in the day...

L'il Thirsty 4-Eva! :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
L'il Thirsty 4-Eva! :D:

I miss the li'l fella! Anita Quencher was a lot of woman, too!

Sparkling Spring sold their home delivery business to Ice Mountain. And the remainder of their business was sold to Danone (yes, the French yogurt company).

I agree the Connie's Pizza Race is beyond lame. Cheryl's idea to rip off Milwaukee's sausage race would be fine with me.