PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from Baseball Primer

kermittheefrog
12-03-2002, 04:56 PM
We're a ****ing laughing stock.

Allowing Beane to even have a discussion with Williams is unfair. Shouldn't this be addressed in the next CBA or something. It's like taking candy from a retarded baby.

Memo to Omar Minaya : CALL KENNY WILLIAMS. Let's make a deal, Kenny. You know, Fernando Tatis would go a long way to solving your third base problem...

As an Indians fan, I think Omar Vizquel would look awfully good in a White Sox uni right now ...

I think Beane absolutely fleeced the Sox. Kind of a reliever version of Carlton vs. Wise-- on the surface, you think the two are relatively equal, but one is really, really good (James rates Foulke the 2nd best reliever in the game from 1999-2001. And he wasn't that bad last year even though he did blow a bunch of saves. 2.90 ERA, WHIP under 1) and the other is just plain good. And who knows what Beane concluded about the impact Howe's overuse of Koch would have down the road?

If Williams was disappointed by Foulke last year, just wait until he sees a few Koch implosions. Pure speculation here, but I can't imagine that Koch will be a more valuable pitcher than Foulke next year. I'd be less surprised if Koch melted down altogther, Mitch Williams-style.

RichH55
12-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
We're a ****ing laughing stock.

This is not pleasant....Im going to act like I didnt see this

jeremyb1
12-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
who knows what Beane concluded about the impact Howe's overuse of Koch would have down the road?

this is definately the part to be the most concerned about. koch led the al in appearences with 83 and then struggled in the playoffs. lets hope his arm holds up.

RichH55
12-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
this is definately the part to be the most concerned about. koch led the al in appearences with 83 and then struggled in the playoffs. lets hope his arm holds up.

Agreed, but then again Foulke has been pitching up a storm the last few years as well....no guarntees when it comes to pitchers