PDA

View Full Version : A's players talk about Koch...


OfficerKarkovice
12-03-2002, 05:02 PM
Nothing but good things...I can't wait for this guy to pull on the Silver and Black

Hudson and Mulder said they'll miss Koch, who in his only season with the A's became the first pitcher in big-league history with 40 saves and at least 10 wins in the same season. Koch, 27, also was a powerful presence in the clubhouse.

"He was a good fit for us," said Mulder. "He's loud and obnoxious and funny and crazy. He's just a closer in every sense of the word. I hope he does well in Chicago."

"It's sad to see Koch go because everybody liked him and he did such a great job for us," Hudson added.

bc2k
12-03-2002, 08:29 PM
When is Mulder a free agent? We pessimistic Sox fans are worried about losing Buehrle to his home town team, when we should be optimistic about the home town discount Mulder will be giving his Chi-Sox.

RKMeibalane
12-03-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
When is Mulder a free agent? We pessimistic Sox fans are worried about losing Buehrle to his home town team, when we should be optimistic about the home town discount Mulder will be giving his Chi-Sox.

I don't think Mulder would play for the Sox. Word is starting to get around that Ken Williams is not the type of person most people want to play for, primarily because of his controlling nature. Remember what Durham said?

Nobody feels comfortable on a team where the coaches are "snitches" for the GM. That's exactly what Gary Pettis was, and Darryl Boston would be just as bad, if not worse. That man has alienated several people in the Sox Minor League Organization. Apparently, he refuses to perform the basic tasks that his job entails.

Vsahajpal
12-03-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
When is Mulder a free agent? We pessimistic Sox fans are worried about losing Buehrle to his home town team, when we should be optimistic about the home town discount Mulder will be giving his Chi-Sox.


Not anytime soon as the A's signed Mulder to a 4-year extension last winter. His current deal expires in 2005, with a team option in '06, the same goes for Zito, and a year prior, they extended Hudson through 2005.

voodoochile
12-03-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Not anytime soon as the A's signed Mulder to a 4-year extension last winter. His current deal expires in 2005, with a team option in '06, the same goes for Zito, and a year prior, they extended Hudson through 2005.

:reinsy
"SACRILEGE! Pitchers should never be signed to long term deals NEVER!!!"

:KW
"Right as usual, JR! No worries, I'm going to renew Buehrle anyway, he ticked me off last year with his comments about St Louis and then his refusal to sign our generous offer."

:reinsy
"Can we cut the salary even lower?"

Chisoxfn
12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:reinsy
"SACRILEGE! Pitchers should never be signed to long term deals NEVER!!!"

:KW
"Right as usual, JR! No worries, I'm going to renew Buehrle anyway, he ticked me off last year with his comments about St Louis and then his refusal to sign our generous offer."

:reinsy
"Can we cut the salary even lower?"

God Voodoo, those quotes cracked me up. This was a great move though.