PDA

View Full Version : Well lets have a poll

OfficerKarkovice
12-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Like or dislike the trade?

Kilroy
12-03-2002, 01:59 PM
There has to be a neutral position, doesn't there?

I am waiting to see what moves are made because 4 mil that was going to Foulke is now freed up...

jeremyb1
12-03-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I am waiting to see what moves are made because 4 mil that was going to Foulke is now freed up...

nada. espn confirms koch should earn about 5 million in arbitration and we sent them cash.

moochpuppy
12-03-2002, 02:19 PM
As of right now I don't like this deal. I am holding out hope that the Sox get a couple very good minor leaguers TBNL.

Pete_SSAC
12-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Dislike... I think that giving up BOTH Johnson and Valentine was a big mistake. One or the other, or maybe Josh Paul. No wait, I definatly want Josh Paul gone. Not now though, since we'd only have one friggin catcher.

- Pete, who is not as dead as he seems to be.

cheeses_h_rice
12-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Hopefully, the 2 PTBNLs are Miguel Tejada and Tim Hudson...

ScottyTheSoxFan
12-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hopefully, the 2 PTBNLs are Miguel Tejada and Tim Hudson...

and knowing kw, we will accidently get miguel hudson and timmy tejada.

I dislike. i like Koch, but Valentine AND cash??? no kenny no. you have been a bad boy.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-03-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
and knowing kw, we will accidently get miguel hudson and timmy tejada.

Okay, now THAT'S funny!

:gulp:

RichH55
12-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I vote neutral as well....we dont even know the full trade yet

OEO Magglio
12-03-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm also kind of on the neutral side, I have never really been a Billy Koch fan, but he does have a great arm, I'm hoping Coop can work with him a little, and maybe teach him how to actually pitch. Also now Olivo definetly gets his opportunity to start so we can see what he does, and I'm also want to see who the 2 other players are.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I'm also kind of on the neutral side, I have never really been a Billy Koch fan, but he does have a great arm, I'm hoping Coop can work with him a little, and maybe teach him how to actually pitch. Also now Olivo definetly gets his opportunity to start so we can see what he does, and I'm also want to see who the 2 other players are.

If Kenny Williams has a pair of functioning brain cells left in his head, he'll trade to get somebody else's cast-off backup catcher before the 2003 season starts.

Olivo will not be on the opening day roster, unless KW has completely flipped.

Maybe he has?

duke of dorwood
12-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Kyle Farnsworth has a great arm, and still sleeps during games.

:embree

Had a great arm too

Daver
12-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
If Kenny Williams has a pair of functioning brain cells left in his head, he'll trade to get somebody else's cast-off backup catcher before the 2003 season starts.

Olivo will not be on the opening day roster, unless KW has completely flipped.

Maybe he has?

He dosen't have to make a trade,he has Ryan Sienko already under contract...........................

hose
12-03-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Like or dislike the trade?

I like the trade.

The Sox would have lost Foulke to FA after this season and I think that by trading for Koch, who is under contract past this season, they got the better closer.

Koch was second in the league in saves and pitched in the AL West which was the best division in MLB.

Losing Mark Johnson will give Olivo and Paul more playing time. How else will the Sox find out if Olivo is the future unless they play him? I think Paul will be more than adequate in his role and might surprise some with his bat. Anything is an improvement
over Johnson and his .211 average

Valentine.....who knows? The guy is a converted catcher.....but then Thiggy was a convertered outfielder.

waiting to hear who the ptbnl are.

As a fan its tough to see Keith go. I might have been diasppointed by his performace last year especially the Yankee game. Man did that ending rip my heart out. But he was a White Sox for 5 years and I have many fond memories of him pumping his fist after a save.

Daver
12-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by hose

Losing Mark Johnson will give Olivo and Paul more playing time. How else will the Sox find out if Olivo is the future unless they play him? I think Paul will be more than adequate in his role and might surprise some with his bat. Anything is an improvement
over Johnson and his .211 average

The scariest thing about this trade is that it might give Josh Paul more playing time,I personally would rather see Man Soo Lee behind the plate than Josh.

For that matter I would rather see :chopper behind the dish.

OneDog
12-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by daver
I personally would rather see Man Soo Lee behind the plate than Josh.

He is the Korean League Home Run King.............

hose
12-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by daver
The scariest thing about this trade is that it might give Josh Paul more playing time,I personally would rather see Man Soo Lee behind the plate than Josh.

For that matter I would rather see :chopper behind the dish.

Chopper can go get ,huh? <g>

I take my chances on Olivo/Paul over Johnson/Paul.

If Ritchie can get back to being a starter role and allow Glover to get back to a long relief role, I think the Sox will have a solid bull pen. May be one of the minor league relievers will make the roster this spring.

*Almonte

Glover- pitching in middle relief.
Wunsch- lefty situation.
Osuna- 7th inning and set up .
Marte- Lefty situation at times, set up.
Koch- CLOSER

ode to veeck
12-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan and knowing kw, we will accidently get miguel hudson and timmy tejada

*****, post of the Christmas Season so far :)

hose
12-03-2002, 09:35 PM
Chopper can go get ,huh? <g>

I take my chances on Olivo/Paul over Johnson/Paul.

If Ritchie can get back to being a starter role and allow Glover to get back to a long relief role, I think the Sox will have a solid bull pen. May be one of the minor league relievers will make the roster this spring.

*Almonte

Glover- pitching in middle relief.
Wunsch- lefty situation.
Osuna- 7th inning and set up .
Marte- Lefty situation at times, set up.
Koch- CLOSER

I just read that ....LOL!!!!

let see.... there is a spell check botton........where is the how to put a sentence together botton? LOL

Daver
12-03-2002, 09:37 PM
I just read that ....LOL!!!!

let see.... there is a spell check botton........where is the how to put a sentence together botton? LOL

We can't help you with that,you are on your own as far as that goes.

:)

ode to veeck
12-03-2002, 09:46 PM
The scariest thing about this trade is that it might give Josh Paul more playing time, I personally would rather see Man Soo Lee behind the plate than Josh.

No Sh__ Sherlock

At least we dodged that Todd Hundley bullet

The only thing worse than Josh Paul behind the plate is ...?

(fill in the blank)
Josh Paul on the basepaths?
Canseco in the OF?
Harold at bat in '03?
Butter throwing BP 75MPH in tight games when it counts?
Boomer on the mound with a bad back?

voodoochile
12-03-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
*****, post of the Christmas Season so far :)

well, I don't have that much authority but at least it's Post of the Week (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13) for now...

VeeckAsInWreck
12-04-2002, 01:10 AM
As of this posting, I am in the minority, but I actually like this deal. Although I will miss Foulke, it helps to have a guy like Koch. We should be happy that KW isn't going to have Damaso Marte be the closer. This trade is a good start but, we still need starting pitching.

harwar
12-04-2002, 08:48 AM
What worries me is that his out pitch is a very fast,very STRAIGHT fastball.Leading the league in wins for a closer is a red flag.If it weren't for the fact that he was on an incredibly great come-from-behind team,he wouldn't have been so sucessful.The WhiteSox don't come from behind well(maybe this year?).Man,i hope this works out well tho because i'm sick of all the BAD stuff sourounding the White Sox.We need to have a great season and have lady luck shine down on us instead of kicking us around all the time.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

At least we dodged that Todd Hundley bullet

Okay, we've quite a few worthy post of the week the past two days. I think this one deserves at least an honorable mention!

:gulp:

Lip Man 1
12-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Bring back:

Don Wakamatsu!

Jerry Willard!

Matt Merullo!

Mike Lavallier!

Lip