PDA

View Full Version : Per Baseball Prospectus guest on Murph & Fred's Show

Viva Magglio
12-03-2002, 08:12 AM
A major White Sox trade may be brewing. It is not known who is involved, but it supposedly does not include Frank Thomas. The unknown Sox player in question is said be be "a young veteran." Also, it is said that the "theme" of the trade will be relief pitching.

hold2dibber
12-03-2002, 08:19 AM
Ughh. Just when I felt safe that the Foulke for Koch trade was b.s., this comes along. If that is indeed the trade, I will lose my lunch.

34 Inch Stick
12-03-2002, 08:58 AM
There are very few middle relief pitchers out there that could be considered major. This means we are giving up somebody considered major (a real possiblity with KW at the helm) or we are getting a major closer. I am not thrilled with either option.

cheeses_h_rice
12-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
A major White Sox trade may be brewing. It is not known who is involved, but it supposedly does not include Frank Thomas. The unknown Sox player in question is said be be "a young veteran." Also, it is said that the "theme" of the trade will be relief pitching.

Sounds like HSC was right...sigh.

And the Josh Paul Era lives on....

Blueprint1
12-03-2002, 09:19 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO trades. You know it will be bad

SI1020
12-03-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Sounds like HSC was right...sigh.

And the Josh Paul Era lives on.... And we still need a good solid #2 starter.

duke of dorwood
12-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Until proven otherwise, I have no confidence that a trade this regime makes will benefit us. Just once I'd like to see us get the better of a trade without money being the factor involved.

hold2dibber
12-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Just once I'd like to see us get the better of a trade without money being the factor involved.

Deeppink for pipedream, Duke. :(:

jeremyb1
12-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

i think boosting the pen without dealing foulke is a good idea but i'd much rather just sign veres, timlin, or even fetters. a "young veteran" worries me that its carlos, garland, or someone else in that vain. hopefully its someone like liefer, rowand, or mj as opposed to one of our better players.