PDA

View Full Version : Ken Vining now with the 'Stros

Soxheads
12-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Charlotte Knights Website (http://www.charlotteknights.com/)

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I wonder how pitching in Homeron Park will affect his ERA (Yes, I realize it is now Minute Maid Park)

DrCrawdad
12-02-2002, 06:57 PM
IIRC Foulke is now the only remaining player the Sox obtained in the so-called White Flag Trade.

I guess I shouldn't overlook the perpetually DL'd Barcelo. He's still with the Sox, right?

Daver
12-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
IIRC Foulke is now the only remaining player the Sox obtained in the so-called White Flag Trade.

I guess I shouldn't overlook the perpetually DL'd Barcelo. He's still with the Sox, right?

Only if they re-signed him,he is a minor league FA.

Lip Man 1
12-02-2002, 07:37 PM
Ah yes, the "White Flag / Surrender" Trade. The deal that did wonders for the franchise both on and off the field...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Lip

RedPinStripes
12-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Ah yes, the "White Flag / Surrender" Trade. The deal that did wonders for the franchise both on and off the field...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Lip

Kind of funny how Jerry's 5 year plans never work.

I would hope that was a loesson to him, guess not.

Hullett_Fan
12-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Not to sound like Steve Rosenbloom, but...

What was your favorite moment of the Ken Vining era????

:D:

duke of dorwood
12-02-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Kind of funny how Jerry's 5 year plans never work.

I would hope that was a loesson to him, guess not.

It was-he tore this one up after 2 years

VeeckAsInWreck
12-03-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Not to sound like Steve Rosenbloom, but...

What was your favorite moment of the Ken Vining era????

:D:

I still get shivers whenever anyone says the V-word. I will never forget when he pitched what seemed to be the longest inning ever. It was in June of 2001 when Cal Ripken played his last game at Comiskey. That 8th inning gave me enough time to drink to the point of blindness and then gave me time to urinate and eventually sober up. Yet, he was still pitching! Anybody else remember that one, or do you try not to! :gulp: =pain killers!

OneDog
12-03-2002, 08:05 AM
I was also at that game. Everyone wanted Vining to serve up a meat ball for Cal. But he ended up doing it for the entire Orioles roster.

rmusacch
12-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Charlotte Knights Website (http://www.charlotteknights.com/)

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I wonder how pitching in Homeron Park will affect his ERA (Yes, I realize it is now Minute Maid Park)

I take it that he left as a six year minor league free agent? I would not count on him pitching for the big club.

hold2dibber
12-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Now Foulke's gone too. Can we now officially pronounce The White Flag trade as both a PR and personnel disaster?

PaleHoseGeorge
12-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Now Foulke's gone too. Can we now officially pronounce The White Flag trade as both a PR and personnel disaster?

I can hear it now...

Jerry Reinsdorf, soaked in champagne amidst a giant party inside the Sox clubhouse, his team officially eliminated from the post-season. 86+ years till the next Sox championship, and the chairman exclaims,

:reinsy
"I'm sure Sox Fans are glad to be RIGHT about the White Flag Trade!"

Yes, the last five years have most-definitely been a disaster for the White Sox franchise.

:KW
"Don't worry, Sox Fans. I'm still here to pull us through this dry spell!"