PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com: Molony: Thomas most likely staying put

Soxheads
11-27-2002, 09:45 PM
MLB.com: Molony: Thomas most likely staying put (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20021127&content_id=181344&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp)

Lip Man 1
11-27-2002, 10:30 PM
From the article itself:

The bottom line is because of a unique clause in Thomas' contract and the current economic climate, the White Sox are in excellent position to keep the slugger and still have money left in the budget to bolster the pitching staff.

Or the money saved could go right back in Uncle Jerry's deep pocket couldn't it?????

I'll believe it when I see it (meaning when the Sox actually go out and get two high salaried pitchers!)

Daver
11-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
From the article itself:

The bottom line is because of a unique clause in Thomas' contract and the current economic climate, the White Sox are in excellent position to keep the slugger and still have money left in the budget to bolster the pitching staff.

Or the money saved could go right back in Uncle Jerry's deep pocket couldn't it?????

I'll believe it when I see it (meaning when the Sox actually go out and get two high salaried pitchers!)

I'd be interested to see what the MLBPA has to say about Frank's contract,seeing that the new CBA has a limit of two years on deferred payments on any contract,as an answer to Bud's 60/40 rule.

Were the owners smart enough to grandfather current contracts?They blew it when it came to the draft,what else did they miss in their rush to avoid a strike?

duke of dorwood
11-27-2002, 11:25 PM
My past performance chart tells me they blew that one too. I cant imagine any salary deferments as large as this one.

hold2dibber
11-28-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
From the article itself:

So cynical, Lip! He might not put the money in his back pocket - he might use it to service his debt!

voodoochile
11-28-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
So cynical, Lip! He might not put the money in his back pocket - he might use it to service his debt!

Or finish decorating the stadium for his "championship game" next July...

RedPinStripes
11-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Or finish decorating the stadium for his "championship game" next July...

No championship game. Just the all-star game where he will put season ticket holders of 10 years in the upper deck. Everything else will be reserved for family, meida and mlb sponsors that he will sell himself out to.

:reinsy
"The place can go to hell after the all-star game. I'm at the end of my era and I didnt have to pay for these renovations either! Suckers!"