PDA

View Full Version : Daily Southtown story about Wunsch deal

Soxheads
11-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Sox give Wunsch new deal (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/272sd2.htm)

Ol Aches & Pains
11-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Damn, I saw the title of the thread, and thought they traded him.

Daver
11-27-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
Damn, I saw the title of the thread, and thought they traded him.

Yeah,someone around here has no future as a headline writer for a newspaper........

:redneck

Soxheads
11-27-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yeah,someone around here has no future as a headline writer for a newspaper........

:redneck

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Hell, I am the frontrunner for being the Editor-in-Chief of my high school newspaper next year.

Brian26
11-27-2002, 07:10 PM
Only in America (and only in baseball) can a guy perform at a mediocre level for 2 years and get a raise that doubles his current pay. Why doesn't that happen to me? Wunsch did nothing in 2001, and he was flat out mediocre for most of last year. He had some good outings against Triple A players towards the end of the season, great. Bizarre.

Daver
11-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Only in America (and only in baseball) can a guy perform at a mediocre level for 2 years and get a raise that doubles his current pay. Why doesn't that happen to me? Wunsch did nothing in 2001, and he was flat out mediocre for most of last year. He had some good outings against Triple A players towards the end of the season, great. Bizarre.

He has has the gift of being able to throw a baseball with his left hand..............

guillen4life13
11-27-2002, 07:40 PM
He has has the gift of being able to throw a baseball with his left hand..............

A gift I think is highly overrated. I think his motion is more of a gift than his left hand. But that's just my opinion.

duke of dorwood
11-27-2002, 10:23 PM
I think his motion helps against right handed hitters.

Ol Aches & Pains
11-27-2002, 10:34 PM

You should see what I can do with my left hand, and nobody's paying me half a million $. :angry:

RedPinStripes
11-28-2002, 09:59 AM
I'm so sick of GM's and Managers talking about how important a lefty is! If you dont know how to pitch, it dont matter what arm you throw with.

Wunsch is not that bad , but there is no need for him to be used in every close game as manuel will try to do. Now guys like Buehrle, that's a gift!

Chisoxfn
11-28-2002, 12:15 PM

So Do I.....Hmmm that gives me an idea. My shoulder is finally recovering from all the damage that throwing too much as a kid did, so maybe I aught to learn how to throw submarine and then email everyone in baseball about my mad skills.

hose
11-30-2002, 09:14 PM

Daver, You would have to really go way back to find a lefthanded submarine throwing pitcher. I can't ever think of another one besides Kelly.

Daver
11-30-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by hose
Daver, You would have to really go way back to find a lefthanded submarine throwing pitcher. I can't ever think of another one besides Kelly.

I realize that,but I also take into consideration what the value of a submariner is and the longevity of their career's,and I am glad he signed a one year deal,because injuries follow submariners like a dog seeks fire hydrants.

Champ Summers
11-30-2002, 10:02 PM
mike myers for the Diamondbax