PDA

View Full Version : Telemarketing about Sox

Irishsox1
11-26-2002, 08:38 AM
I received a call from a telemarketer yesterday at 9:15 pm asking questions about the White Sox. The questions ranged from who is my favorite Sox player of all time, to how much Jerry Reinsdorf has an effect if I go to games, to how would I rate the safety around the stadium before, and after the game, if the Gamboa attacks will limit how many games I go to in the future, if I could change three things about the Sox what would they be....the list goes on and on. The questions lasted about 25 minutes. The questions were asked by some telemarketer in Colorado, at least thats what he said. After the questions were over that was it, no gifts or coupons. Has anyone else received this call?

duke of dorwood
11-26-2002, 09:48 AM
They didnt ask if you were going to less games now that the Choice is gone?

That was a curious line of questions they asked you. Not the kind of questions or issues the team would want to raise.

Do you have any prior or current season ticket plan with the Sox?

Dadawg_77
11-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a survey the Sox contracted out. JR always talks about his marketing surveys, I guess they actually do ask about the effect JR has on you going to the games.

Irishsox1
11-26-2002, 01:00 PM
It wasn't a telemarketer, more of a phone survey. I am not a season ticket holder or have I ever bought a ticket package. I have no idea how or why I was chosen. The questions were the type of questions that everyone wishes they could tell the Sox. I said that I didn't have faith in the current GM, I didn't think the team played smart baseball and that they need better starting pitching. They asked who my favorite Sox player of all time was, I said Chet Lemon but he wasn't on the list. They offered many Sox legend names like Joe Jackson, Fisk, Frank, Maggs etc....so I took Maggs. One of the questions was why was I a fan of the Sox and I said that they aren't the Cubs. I wish I could get a print out of the questions and post them. They were very odd and detailed.