PDA

View Full Version : Grobstein Mention, and Comiskey Stuff

Brian26
11-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

Was listening to Grobstein and Tommy Williams on AM 1000 this morning around 9 am. Whitesoxinteractive.com got a mention from the Grobber. Someone asked him if he had read the Dick Allen story on the front page, and Grobstein said yes and said it's an EXCELLENT site to visit.

Kudos to the Grobber.

Also, I drove by Comiskey this morning after I ran some errands. I think the black on the outfield shell and light poles actually looks good. The underside of the upper deck roof has also been painted black and doesn't look bad either. I wonder if they're going to paint the outside of the park that same grey color as they've done to the sides of the upper deck??

Brian

Soxheads
11-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Hey guys,

Was listening to Grobstein and Tommy Williams on AM 1000 this morning around 9 am. Whitesoxinteractive.com got a mention from the Grobber. Someone asked him if he had read the Dick Allen story on the front page, and Grobstein said yes and said it's an EXCELLENT site to visit.

Kudos to the Grobber.

Also, I drove by Comiskey this morning after I ran some errands. I think the black on the outfield shell and light poles actually looks good. The underside of the upper deck roof has also been painted black and doesn't look bad either. I wonder if they're going to paint the outside of the park that same grey color as they've done to the sides of the upper deck??

Brian

The Grobber is also a member of these forums.

guillen4life13
11-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
The Grobber is also a member of these forums.

what's his username?

Soxheads
11-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
what's his username?

Grobber33

DrCrawdad
11-23-2002, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

Kudos to the Grobber.

http://nudehippo.com/episodes/various/LesGrobstein.gif

Patting myself on the back...

I emailed Les this morning. In a break from Les' usual firm grasp on stats and history Les made a comment that Drew Henson would probably never get a MLB at bat. I remembered Drew having an AB against the Sox in 2002. IIRC it was the Saturday Fox broadcast when the Sox beat Clemens. Anyway, Henson has one MLB AB and it's against the Sox. So I emailed the following to Les...

Les,

Drew Henson has one AB in MLB. Henson's only AB was against the best Chicago baseball team. Henson whiffed.

Your friendly neighborhood DrCrawdad.

PS Les did you read the Dick Allen story on the mainpage of White Sox Interactive? What are your thoughts about Dick?

I had hoped to hear Les' thoughts on Dick, Dick Allen that is. But Les blew past Dick.

hose
12-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey guys,

Kudos to the Grobber.

Brian

I heard one of our forum members name on the radio the other day.....Drcrawdad.

I'm sure most of the radio guys read the message boards to come up with info or topics for their shows.

Mike North might be the exception, I doubt he has the computer skills to navigate the web. Licorice would have a better chance of logging in to WSI then Pappy.

TornLabrum
12-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by hose

I'm sure most of the radio guys read the message boards to come up with info or topics for their shows.

Mike North might be the exception, I doubt he has the computer skills to navigate the web. Licorice would have a better chance of logging in to WSI then Pappy.

Why would North have any interest in what real Sox fans think, anyway?

DrCrawdad
12-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by hose

On Saturday, November 30, I faxed Les & T-Dub a note about the WSI thread on the Foulke for Koch trade. When Les & T-Dub didn't read the story I then faxed it over to the Score. Score fill-in host David Schuster read my fax but skipped over the part where I mentioned that the story was from a post on WSI.

Then this past Saturday I faxed in again to the Score. I voted for the Cubs as the worst Chicago sports franchise.

- DrCrawdad.

HITMEN OF 77
12-08-2002, 11:54 PM
You guys have it made! You get to listen and watch all the Chicago land sports shows and keep up to the minute on the Sox stuff! Are any of these shows live on the www.? Maybe a link?

hose
12-09-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
On Saturday, November 30, I faxed Les & T-Dub a note about the WSI thread on the Foulke for Koch trade. When Les & T-Dub didn't read the story I then faxed it over to the Score. Score fill-in host David Schuster read my fax but skipped over the part where I mentioned that the story was from a post on WSI.

Then this past Saturday I faxed in again to the Score. I voted for the Cubs as the worst Chicago sports franchise.

- DrCrawdad.

Politically correct ...lol

hose
12-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
You guys have it made! You get to listen and watch all the Chicago land sports shows and keep up to the minute on the Sox stuff! Are any of these shows live on the www.? Maybe a link?

For the most part the sport talk shows are trash, you are not missing much.

Talking baseball w/ Bruce Levine and John Rooney on am 1000 is very good.

Julie Swiecka talks up the Sox on her shows.

hose
12-09-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77

WSI is your best bet.