PDA

View Full Version : Lowe

RichH55
11-22-2002, 04:32 AM
Well the man, the myth, the legend Sean Lowe was just released again......from the Rockies...why the hell can't I remember he playing for the Rockies...am I just slipping.....anyway hes back on the market...take if for what its worth

DrCrawdad
11-22-2002, 07:13 AM
Lowe didn't appear in any games for the Rockies.

rmusacch
11-22-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Lowe didn't appear in any games for the Rockies.

He sure did. He pitched in 8 games for them after being released by the Pirates.

Iwritecode
11-22-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Well the man, the myth, the legend Sean Lowe was just released again......from the Rockies...why the hell can't I remember he playing for the Rockies...am I just slipping.....anyway hes back on the market...take if for what its worth

How much of a downward spiral has this guy's career taken all of a sudden? He was a key player for the Sox in 2000 and even more in 2001 when the injury bug hit the pitching staff hard. He did everything asked of him by pitching relief and spot starts. Then he must have upset the wrong person because he was sent to the minors to "send a message" and then gets traded to Pittsburg for a guy that approached 20 losses last year. There he seems to forget how to pitch (personally, I think they misused him) and ends up with the Rockies. Now he gets realeased by them? Ya almost gotta feel for the guy. I always liked him when he was with the Sox. So, I wonder how long before the Cubs pick him up... Oh wait... they are going to have the all-star infield of Jim Thome, Jeff Kent (at 3B) and I-Rod along with Dusty Baker at the helm. Combined with Sosa and Alou in the outfield, they might as well start printing those world series tickets now...

Interesting how a post that started about Sean Lowe can end up as a slam on the Cubs... :)

maurice
11-22-2002, 11:47 AM
IIRC, Lowe was a high draft pick with StL and got a few spot starts there before landing with the Sox. His performance has been up (1999, 2001) and down (2000, 2002) since then. I'd like to see him get another shot somewhere.

hempsox
11-22-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by maurice
IIRC, Lowe was a high draft pick with StL and got a few spot starts there before landing with the Sox. His performance has been up (1999, 2001) and down (2000, 2002) since then. I'd like to see him get another shot somewhere.

I couldn't agree more. he seemed like a good guy outta the pen and talking with his sister on the old sox board (before mlb took over the site :angry: ) he seemed like he was prepared for just about anything that Gen. Disarray threw at him. Here's to hoping that he can find a place to play.

Lip Man 1
11-22-2002, 12:14 PM
As long as our "interpid" GM is still with the Sox, you can bank on Lowe never coming back here. (The line of players who are only to happy to have that happen to them is probably around the block by now! LOL)

Lip

SI1020
11-22-2002, 01:24 PM
I watched Lowe pitch here in Pgh. He started off very poorly and then hit his stride for awhile before slumping once again. In spring training the talk was that he might open the season as a starter. When McClendon decided to go with Fogg instead it seemed to put him in a funk. At times he seemed totally lost on the mound last year. It is no secret that he and KW have no use for each other, one of the reasons he was traded in the first place.

RichH55
11-22-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
As long as our "interpid" GM is still with the Sox, you can bank on Lowe never coming back here. (The line of players who are only to happy to have that happen to them is probably around the block by now! LOL)

Lip

Lowe was released twice in the past year....I'm not exactly on pins and needles hoping KW apologizes

awesomefan
11-23-2002, 08:14 PM
I would love to have Sean Lowe back with the White Sox. What in the world did Sean do to make Kenny Williams so mad at him for life I guess????

Sean was one of my favorites.

kermittheefrog
11-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Sean Lowe is the ticket to the playoff Kenny should be looking for?

RichH55
11-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Sean Lowe is the ticket to the playoff Kenny should be looking for?

No, but every move that JR and his legions has ever made has been wrong...so wrong...every move.....even the naming of his kids....cmon those are simply horrible names and that is what is holding back the Sox...if JR would just realize he needs to spend money to make money, or in this case give his children good names we would have won every championship from 1985 on!

DrCrawdad
11-23-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
He sure did. He pitched in 8 games for them after being released by the Pirates.

OOPS! :whiner:

PaleHoseGeorge
11-24-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
No, but every move that JR and his legions has ever made has been wrong...so wrong...every move.....even the naming of his kids....cmon those are simply horrible names and that is what is holding back the Sox...if JR would just realize he needs to spend money to make money, or in this case give his children good names we would have won every championship from 1985 on!

Next time, don't forget the teal, Rich!

:smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
11-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Sean Lowe had no business whining about becoming a starter. I know he is a strong competitor and probably has lots of confidence he could do the job, but it was a fool thing to do.

The facts are that Lowe was going nowhere in St. Louis. The Sox took a flyer on him in 1999 and gave him a new lease on life in The Show. He was a valuable long-reliever, middle reliever, and spot starter. I have no reason to doubt he would still fill that role neatly if he was still with the Sox today.

However, with the inept Kenny Williams running the show, dealing Lowe was just a convenient excuse for dealing away a front office headache. Lowe was in Kenny's doghouse, and we all know how Kenny deals with dissent among the troops. (See Durham, Ray; Lofton, Ken; and Thomas, Frank).

There is no doubt Sean Lowe is worse off for the trade to Pittsburgh. However, I don't know how anybody can suggest the Sox bullpen isn't worse off for the trade, too.

Okay, let's see a sarcastic retort to this.

RedPinStripes
11-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Okay, let's see a sarcastic retort to this.

Sean Lowe is our "Missing piece to the puzzle" for the past 85 years! :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
11-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Sean Lowe is our "Missing piece to the puzzle" for the past 85 years! :smile:

I like it! Good one!!!

:)