PDA

View Full Version : Various things from whitesox.com

Soxheads
11-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20021118&content_id=178405&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

jortafan
11-18-2002, 10:04 PM
thank you for posting the link. I generally refuse to look at whitesox.com or mlb.com on the theory that I don't want to read the Reinsdorfian or Seligian propaganda. But it was interesting to learn just which winter league teams various Sox players are with this season.

Soxheads
11-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
thank you for posting the link. I generally refuse to look at whitesox.com or mlb.com on the theory that I don't want to read the Reinsdorfian or Seligian propaganda. But it was interesting to learn just which winter league teams various Sox players are with this season.

I would've posted the story except that we can't. I don't normally go there anyway.

jeremyb1
11-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by jortafan

i just can't believe we're allowing marte to pitch in winter ball after those in the pirates organization thought it left him in bad shape at the beginning of last season and he had a bad first month.

Lip Man 1
11-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Considering the number and quality of the players who can become free agents after the 2003 season, it looks like Kenny Williams will be active again dumping players and salaries come this July! (cause our Sox aren't going ANYWHERE next season either...)

Lip

duke of dorwood
11-19-2002, 12:07 AM
They called that a busy week?

RichH55
11-19-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Considering the number and quality of the players who can become free agents after the 2003 season, it looks like Kenny Williams will be active again dumping players and salaries come this July! (cause our Sox aren't going ANYWHERE next season either...)

Lip

Just Curious, but who can become an FA after 2003?

Lip Man 1
11-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Soon to be appearing with another team, here are the Sox 2003 free agent's:

Keith Foulke
Antonio Osuna
Mark Johnson
Tony Graffanino
Jose' Valentin
Carlos "The Butcher" Lee

Lip

OfficerKarkovice
11-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Soon to be appearing with another team, here are the Sox 2003 free agent's:

Keith Foulke
Antonio Osuna
Mark Johnson
Tony Graffanino
Jose' Valentin
Carlos "The Butcher" Lee

Lip

Foulke - Will bring a lot in mid-season trade if pitching well
Osuna- Oh well
Johnson - Finally
Graffanino - Plenty of guys that can do what he does
Valentine - Nice while he was here but time is coming to an end
Lee - "See Foulke"...Borchard will be ready

rmusacch
11-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Osuna- Oh well
Johnson - Finally

I think it will be a big mistake if the Sox get rid of Lee and saying that we can get a lot for Foulke and Lee might be wrong. You are forgetting who our idiot GM is.

:KW
Who me? I'll give you Foulke and Lee for Daryl Boston and John Cangelosi.

LauraJ14
11-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Question on Carlos Lee
How can he be a free agent after 2003 when he came up in May of 1999? That would only be 4 1/2 years played in the majors and isn't it longer before you are eligilbe for free agency?

Lip Man 1
11-19-2002, 07:26 PM
All I know is that the Sox "official" web site lists Lee as a free agent after 2003. It states his contract only goes through this upcoming season.

Lip

RichH55
11-19-2002, 07:47 PM
All I know is that the Sox "official" web site lists Lee as a free agent after 2003. It states his contract only goes through this upcoming season.

Lip

He should still have a year before FA.....

RichH55
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Osuna- Oh well
Johnson - Finally

Pretty much what I'm thinking...>Foulke is the only guy who warrants attention here......Would love to see Jose stay on as the utility guy(for a paycut) when graff is gone....thats best case though