PDA

View Full Version : More Bud wisdom

Daver
11-18-2002, 05:27 PM
This is from BP's "Week in Quotes"

MOST VALUABLE QUOTE IN A DIVISION-WINNING PERIODICAL

"I'm grateful for that. I think Anaheim is the first product of revenue sharing. Revenue sharing has helped Anaheim develop and keep its players."
--Bud Selig, Major League Baseball Commissioner

Hey Bud,being owned by Disney has nothing to do with their payroll right?

Iguana775
11-18-2002, 06:07 PM
what a freaking maroon!!!

Lip Man 1
11-18-2002, 07:23 PM
The agreement was signed in late August. How the hell did that help the Angels??? (Unless he's referring to the fact that they signed Erstad to a four year deal shortly afterwards...)

Lip

awesomefan
11-18-2002, 07:41 PM
Hey IGGY: You got cable yet? awesome concept about drugs & people being weird. Right On!!!!

MarkEdward
11-18-2002, 09:44 PM
Um, wouldn't the Angels be *giving* money under a revenue sharing plan? They're number five in market size in the MLB.

Tragg
11-18-2002, 09:47 PM
That's half the problem - every market not named new york or the dodgers claims they are a "small market" (as we well know - we're one of them). There is no integrity from the owners or the commissioner.

Lip Man 1
11-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Gang:

Whether a team gets or has to give money isn't based on market size.

It's based on income from a number of different sources.

The clubs that have the least amount of income will receive, the clubs with the most income (revenue) have to give.

Baseball's version of "communism". Or as Alvin Lee and Ten Years After sang in 1969...."tax the rich, feed the poor...till there are no rich no more.

Meanwhile even with revenue sharing money coming in, the Royals owner David Glass (heir to the Wal Mart fortune) has the stones to announce he's cutting payroll.

What a friggin joke!

Lip

Daver
11-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Gang:

Whether a team gets or has to give money isn't based on market size.

It's based on income from a number of different sources.

The clubs that have the least amount of income will receive, the clubs with the most income (revenue) have to give.

Baseball's version of "communism". Or as Alvin Lee and Ten Years After sang in 1969...."tax the rich, feed the poor...till there are no rich no more.

Meanwhile even with revenue sharing money coming in, the Royals owner David Glass (heir to the Wal Mart fortune) has the stones to announce he's cutting payroll.

What a friggin joke!

Lip

And that backs up my argument that there was no language in the new CBA for where the money goes.

The big bad truth is plain and simple,Bud Selig controls where the money goes,and Bud has yet to do a single thing right.

Iguana775
11-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by awesomefan
Hey IGGY: You got cable yet? awesome concept about drugs & people being weird. Right On!!!!

lol..yea, i got it in the begining of the summer. ;-D