PDA

View Full Version : I am sick of hearing about the Cubs

Viva Magglio
11-18-2002, 08:22 AM
:angry:
Yesterday in the Sun-Times, I counted no less than SIX pages of Cubs coverage in the wake of Jesus Baker's hiring. At the same time, there were ZERO pages of White Sox coverage. Granted, we did not hire a manager or make any major moves over the weekend, but there has been torrential flooding of Cubbie Kool-Aid that is making me ill. It's as if the Cubs hired baseball's answer to Vince Lombardi or John Wooden, for Christ's sake! All the ass-clowns (Boers and Bernsie's term for Cub fans) are showing their usual delusional selves.

OneDog
11-18-2002, 09:14 AM
What do you expect, the Cubs are owned by one of the biggest media conglomerates in history, they get all the free press they want from the Cubune. The Cub-Times, however, is trying to compete with the Cubune by drawing its readership away by talking Cubbies. They don't think that we (Sox Fans) are intelligent readers that buy newspapers.

:moron

The White Sox have fans?

duke of dorwood
11-18-2002, 09:48 AM
Next to the Blackhawks, the Sox marketing machine is the worst. I'm sure the Scrubs have no intention of signing a Thome or FA in that class, but these things get planted, and wrote and speculated about. The papers know our dolt isnt going to do anything, so there's nothing to write about until something actually happens. If we did something, they'd have to write about it. We know what they've done.

Procol Harum
11-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Whatever the case might be of Tribune perfidy or Cubbie kool-aid, the simple fact is the Sox have done nothing to warrant any coverage--unless you count raising ticket prices. And there's little reason for much coverage in the nature of speculative "what-if?" type questions, because we all know the Sox aren't gonna make any major moves to make the team a serious contender. The only thing Reinsdorf and Co. are in serious contention for is the bottom line and they think they've arrived at a formula to deliver that pay-off. We can only pray that this regime might sell the team after the All-Star Game bonanza, but I wouldn't "bank" on it. :(:

Lip Man 1
11-18-2002, 11:22 AM
May I respectfully suggest that you redirect your anger towards the organization that refuses to sign big name free agents, refuses to spend any money, continually browbeats its own fans and treats it's better players (going back to the days of Carlton Fisk) like scum.

Don't blame the media for the problems and lack of interest that the Sox themselves have created.

It sounds like last Spring when Kenny Williams blamed the media for the Sox troubles (i.e. "negative attitude...)

You want more and better publicity? Do something that warrents it.

Lip

jeremyb1
11-18-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Whatever the case might be of Tribune perfidy or Cubbie kool-aid, the simple fact is the Sox have done nothing to warrant any coverage--unless you count raising ticket prices. And there's little reason for much coverage in the nature of speculative "what-if?" type questions, because we all know the Sox aren't gonna make any major moves to make the team a serious contender. The only thing Reinsdorf and Co. are in serious contention for is the bottom line and they think they've arrived at a formula to deliver that pay-off. We can only pray that this regime might sell the team after the All-Star Game bonanza, but I wouldn't "bank" on it. :(:

thing is a lot of the articles i've seen weren't even directly about baker. they were simply about the team's outlook for next year and baker's arrival was an excuse to write about it. i've read very little about our prospects for next season. how hard would it be for someone like phil rogers to write an article about how we've expressed interest in moyer and then provide some minimal analysis about how he might fight along with our current team and what that would mean for our outlook on next season. they could also discuss how much money we'd have to pay him and what that'd mean for our budget over the next several years.

Iwritecode
11-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Both things play off each other. Why bother doing something good when the media is just going to find something negative about it anyway? The Cubs haven't exactly done much to warrant all the good publicity that they get other than the fact that they are owned by the Cubune...

jeremyb1
11-18-2002, 01:32 PM
you know what else really bothers me? this is from jason stark

The Cubs certainly have positioned themselves to be good in the very near future. Who else has young arms like Prior, Kerry Wood, Matt Clement and Carlos Zambrano already in place?

matt clement will turn 29 over the course of next season? who in their right mind considers that to be a young age? the media loved to make similar comments about minnesota when they actually have only a handful of key players younger than 27. their entire rotation outside of santana and lohse and hunter, koskie, and meintkievich are all at least approaching 30. a true young team is more like the team we had in '00 when paully was 24, maggs was 26, carlos was 23 or 4, and parque was 25 and that team still wasn't that young seeing as how we had eldred, frank, jb, siro, and valentin that were all at least approaching 30. a truly young team more closely resembles the marlins, the d-rays, or even the team we have coming into the season with the exception of frank, valentin, foulke, and marte. teams with 3 or 4 players that are around 25 and a bunch of guys that are 28-32 aren't that young. around 27 or 28 is when most players should be peaking.

No-Neck
11-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Lip Man 1,

What have the Cubs done over the last 4 seasons, except for losing 90+in 3 of the 4, to warrant all this positive excessive media coverage? I agree that the Sox have done nothing so far this off season, but this serial Cubs manager BS has really gotten on my nerves.

Remember how Don Baylor was going to lead the Flubby Franchise to the Promised Land?

Dusty Baker isn't going to lead them anywhere, not with that bullpen and bench strength.

A point of interest, Seattle, the Mets and Oakland all took an immediate pass on interviewing Dusty Baker because of his financial problems with the IRS. Rumor has it that this guy has a big-time gambling problem which is well known in the Baseball world, and nobody wanted a potential Pete Rose situation in their franchise. He also wanted Chicago because of the proximity to the Indiana boats.

I don't buy any Chicago papers anymore, I haven't for a while. One of the best things I have accomplished in the past couple years.

On a Hammond radio station several weeks ago, they had a PaPa John syndicated Sports Talk Program which originates from the East Coast. The call-ins all listed the Cubs as the most over-hyped crapola team in the country, and the announcer even stated that the White Sox fans had to be the most resilient in the country. I was in my car and it floored me, I only wished I could have taped it.

This Cubs PR is media spin garbage. No mature adult takes it seriously. I thank God I'm a White Sox fan! keep the faith!

heidiloresox
11-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Screw the cubs and their fans.....such a non issue really.....I get so sick of reading about what the cubs "might" do, and the media jumping on every little thing. Soooo tiring. Indeed.

Jjav829
11-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Seriously, what do you expect to see in the paper? More articles about the Sox offseason? A 6 page special about the signing of Mark Johnson or Paul Konerko, or the hiring of Bruce Kimm? Theres nothing to talk about. Maybe once we get closer to the winter meetings there will be more articles, but there really isn't much for them to write about right now.

jortafan
11-18-2002, 03:05 PM
I'll agree that the Cubbie poop of recent days is a bit much. But there really isn't much reason to complain about Sox coverage this off-season. What has there been to write about? Do we really need to have day-by-day, blow-by-blow coverage and analysis of whether or not Frank Thomas will leave? How much copy can be generated when the ballclub is basically standing pat?

Iwritecode
11-18-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Seriously, what do you expect to see in the paper? More articles about the Sox offseason? A 6 page special about the signing of Mark Johnson or Paul Konerko, or the hiring of Bruce Kimm? Theres nothing to talk about. Maybe once we get closer to the winter meetings there will be more articles, but there really isn't much for them to write about right now.

Originally posted by jortafan
I'll agree that the Cubbie poop of recent days is a bit much. But there really isn't much reason to complain about Sox coverage this off-season. What has there been to write about? Do we really need to have day-by-day, blow-by-blow coverage and analysis of whether or not Frank Thomas will leave? How much copy can be generated when the ballclub is basically standing pat?

Anyone really think that makes a difference? The Sox could sign Glavine and Maddux tommorow and it would still be a page six column somewhere behind the Bulls and Bears game recaps...

Lip Man 1
11-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Iwritecode says:

Anyone really think that makes a difference? The Sox could sign Glavine and Maddux tommorow and it would still be a page six column somewhere behind the Bulls and Bears game recaps...

I assume you're being facetious because if that were to happen it would be the main story that day and probably the rest of that week in every Chicago newspaper INCLUDING the Tribune.

I'm not saying Baker is going to "save" the Cubs (probably nothing can) but the fact is he's a three time Manager Of The Year Award winner in the last ten years, the Giants have made the playoffs what, three times since 97 (and barely missed a 4th trip losing to the Cubs in a wild card playoff game).

In fact he's the biggest off season news to hit Chicago this year.

The exact same thing would happen if Tony LaRussa were interested in returning to the Sox, it would be speculated on for weeks until it either did or did not return.

If you think the Baker thing is big, wait till you see what happens if the Cubs in fact start talking with someone like Pudge (I mean Ivan) Rodriguez.

I stand by my original statement. You want better publicity, DO something that warrents it. Start talking to Glavine or Maddux and make sure the papers know aboiut it.

Like Phil Rogers told me in his Q&A, the Sox DON'T return phone calls, that's part of the problem. Many times when the media do try to give them a "fair shake", they get hit with that "Sox bunker mentality". (i.e. Screw em' it's just the media and they're all against us...) you talk about paranoid delusions!

The Sox are one of the WORST marketed and PR conscious teams in MLB. Hurting them even more is the fact that while the Cubs are a joke on the field, they sure as hell know how to play the game off it.

Like it or not, that also includes stroking the media. (or to put it another way, when was the last time Uncle Jerry made himself available to answer questions about the Sox?)

Lip

Iwritecode
11-18-2002, 03:54 PM
I assume you're being facetious because if that were to happen it would be the main story that day and probably the rest of that week in every Chicago newspaper INCLUDING the Tribune.

A little bit. I was kinda thinking of the time last year when Garland pitched a GEM against the BoSox and moved the White Sox another game closer to first while Mark "Jesus" Prior made his debut in Cubbie blue. IIRC, the column count the next day was largely in favor of the Cubs.

OneDog
May I respectfully suggest that you redirect your anger towards the organization that refuses to sign big name free agents, refuses to spend any money, continually browbeats its own fans and treats it's better players (going back to the days of Carlton Fisk) like scum.

Don't blame the media for the problems and lack of interest that the Sox themselves have created.

It sounds like last Spring when Kenny Williams blamed the media for the Sox troubles (i.e. "negative attitude...)

Lip

:reinsy
''I told you before, it's the fans' fault we stink because you don't come to the park. Now excuse me, I have to go count my millions."

Iwritecode
BTW, that was my 1500th post! Woo hoo!

:spam

duke of dorwood
11-18-2002, 04:01 PM
By the way-welcome heidi-------

voodoochile
11-18-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by heidiloresox
Screw the cubs and their fans.....such a non issue really.....I get so sick of reading about what the cubs "might" do, and the media jumping on every little thing. Soooo tiring. Indeed.

Welcome to WSI. From the looks of your first post, you'll fit right in...

jortafan
11-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

You must be kidding. If the Sox were to sign both of those, you know Mariotti would be accusing the ballclub of trying undeservedly to steal attention away from the Cubbies.

DVG
11-19-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by jortafan
You must be kidding. If the Sox were to sign both of those, you know Mariotti would be accusing the ballclub of trying undeservedly to steal attention away from the Cubbies.

Actually, I remember when the White Sox signed Albert Belle to
that big contract. Mariotti's reaction? Did he praise Reinsdorf for
finally opening the purse strings and making a genuine attempt
to field a contender? Say, at last, a Chicago team gets it? No, he
ripped into Reinsdorf for going against his principles and aban-
doning his stance against the union. He was traumatized, I'm sure, over the thought that he might have to write something positive about Reinsdorf. He also called Albert Belle "a threat to
humanity." Threat to humanity? What an I-D-I-O-T! Osama bin
Laden, now there's a threat to humanity.

My point (and I know I have one somewhere) is that JR can go
out and sign Maddux and Glavine to huge contracts (quit laugh-
ing) and the media and JM will find a negative spin for it.

White Sox? What's a White Sox? My Cubbies are a team of
"Dustiny!" HA! HA! Get it? Aren't I the most cleverly talented
writer in history?

RichH55
11-19-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by DVG
Actually, I remember when the White Sox signed Albert Belle to
that big contract. Mariotti's reaction? Did he praise Reinsdorf for
finally opening the purse strings and making a genuine attempt
to field a contender? Say, at last, a Chicago team gets it? No, he
ripped into Reinsdorf for going against his principles and aban-
doning his stance against the union. He was traumatized, I'm sure, over the thought that he might have to write something positive about Reinsdorf. He also called Albert Belle "a threat to
humanity." Threat to humanity? What an I-D-I-O-T! Osama bin
Laden, now there's a threat to humanity.

My point (and I know I have one somewhere) is that JR can go
out and sign Maddux and Glavine to huge contracts (quit laugh-
ing) and the media and JM will find a negative spin for it.

White Sox? What's a White Sox? My Cubbies are a team of
"Dustiny!" HA! HA! Get it? Aren't I the most cleverly talented
writer in history?

Very very good point....I remember when the White Sox were rumored to be after Arod....treating like a hoax, no real nice spin, only negative thoughts, I bet Lip has something to say about that as well....but for things like the Chicago Media and Lip's comments some of it is self-fullfilling prophecy; if you want things to look bad you can.....that being said I do think the Sox need to coddle the media more, the media intreprets the facts the way it wants, make them intrepret them your way so that the self-fullfilling prophecys go the other way

Lip Man 1
11-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Rich says:

I remember when the White Sox were rumored to be after Arod....treating like a hoax, no real nice spin, only negative thoughts, I bet Lip has something to say about that as well

Ask and ye shall receive!

Let's talk about ARod. I recall the Chicago papers saying that it was nice that the Sox were at least "seriously" considering it. I especially remember a Mariotti column that listed the reasons why ARod could rejuvinate the franchise much as Dick Allen did in 1972.

I grant you that most of the writers also mentioned that the odds of the Sox actually signing him were slim and none but I didn't feel that was outlandish. The Sox history under Uncle Jerry proves that fact. Especially considering that ARod signed for what 239 MILLION! There was no way in hell he was coming to the South Side.

I do recall the papers came down hard on the Sox after Kenny Williams said that ARod and his agent Scott Boras "stood the Sox up." The reason for that was because some of the media found out that Uncle Jerry insisted that the Sox meet with ARod WITHOUT his agent present.

Nobody in his right mind meets a player of that magnitude without his agent. This was clearly a case of Reinsdorf's hated of Boras getting in the way of doing business. Naturally ARod told Boras about it...so if they did "stiff" the Sox, I can't blame them. I spoke with Jay about this personally about a week after it came out in the papers and he confirmed it for me.

For those of you who don't believe that Uncle Jerry would do such a thing may I suggest you read Pulitzer Prize winner David Halberstam's book on Michael Jordan, "Playing For Keeps," check out pages 338 through 340 (soft cover version) where Halberstam writes about Reinsdorf wanting to meet with Horace Grant WITHOUT agent Jimmy Sexton present.

One other point off the subject, it's true what someone posted earlier. Mariotti DID write a scathing column destroying Reinsdorf after signing Albert Belle, based on the theme that this was mearly a ploy to get back at the baseball owners who voted to end the strike in March 1995 (against Reinsdorf's wishes and his "no" vote on ratification of the deal) This may have been what led Uncle Jerry to call the Sun Times owners demanding that they fire Mariotti (which obviously didn't take place...)

But you know what, Mariotti was RIGHT wasn't he?

Belle signed in November 1996. In July 1997 Reinsdorf pulled off the "White Flag Deal," nine months after signing Belle. And why do you think Uncle Jerry put in that "out" clause in Belle's contract? Reinsdorf wasn't going to keep Albert for the life of that deal under ANY circumstances, and he knew about that even while negotiating it with him. This was revenge against the other owners pure and simple, this wasn't about improving the team which badly needed pitching. That same off season while signing Belle to "improve" (LOL) the Sox, they let Kevin Tapani go and refused to seriously negotiate with Alex Frenandez.

Lip

RKMeibalane
11-19-2002, 08:30 PM
The Cubs don't deserve the enormous amount of media attention they receive, but they will get it by default. That's just the way it is.

Those of you who are dissapointed about the lack of media attention surrounding the Sox should consider this: The Sox will not be treated with respect in the city of Chicago until they win a World Series. Period.

In other words, the Sox will earn the respect they deserve once Reinsdorf sells the team, because the Sox aren't going to win any championships as long as he is the owner.

Reinsdorf has never really shown a serious committement to winning. Even when he signed high profile free agents, he never did anything to significantly improve the club as a whole. In fact, now that I mention it, I think the Albert Belle signing, for example, actually made the team worse.

It's not fair that the Cubs get more media coverage, but that isn't going to change anytime soon. Besides, I don't feel like reading six pages about how "Ken Williams has a plan" or that "Josh Paul is ready to take his game to new a level."

chisox06
11-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Exactly, I thought this was a White Sox forum. The cubs will suck next year, no matter what they do, the cubs being terrible is about as sure as the sun coming up in the morning.

voodoochile
11-20-2002, 12:27 AM
I grant you that most of the writers also mentioned that the odds of the Sox actually signing him were slim and none but I didn't feel that was outlandish. The Sox history under Uncle Jerry proves that fact. Especially considering that ARod signed for what 239 MILLION! There was no way in hell he was coming to the South Side.

I do recall the papers came down hard on the Sox after Kenny Williams said that ARod and his agent Scott Boras "stood the Sox up." The reason for that was because some of the media found out that Uncle Jerry insisted that the Sox meet with ARod WITHOUT his agent present.

Nobody in his right mind meets a player of that magnitude without his agent. This was clearly a case of Reinsdorf's hated of Boras getting in the way of doing business. Naturally ARod told Boras about it...so if they did "stiff" the Sox, I can't blame them. I spoke with Jay about this personally about a week after it came out in the papers and he confirmed it for me.

For those of you who don't believe that Uncle Jerry would do such a thing may I suggest you read Pulitzer Prize winner David Halberstam's book on Michael Jordan, "Playing For Keeps," check out pages 338 through 340 (soft cover version) where Halberstam writes about Reinsdorf wanting to meet with Horace Grant WITHOUT agent Jimmy Sexton present.

Lip

The way I recall it, JR actually did meet with Grant one-on-one, though he didn't tell Horace that was what the meeting was about. He just asked Horace to drop by the office. Then when Horace showed up, JR started talking contract. That offer was for around $5M/year for 5 years (ludicrous when Grant signed for $8M/year with the Magic later). The minute JR started talking contract, Horace started to back out of the office as I recall the story being told.

While I didn't hear that JR wanted to meet with ARod without Boras present, I did hear he wanted to meet face to face with him - really not that bad of a thing when you are getting prepared to pay someone$195M guaranteeed come hell of highwater - but the really funny part of the story to me is the offer.

Boras said before it all started that it would take a minimum of 10 years at $20M per to get the deal done. So what do the Sox do? They come in with an offer that is $5M below the total minimum acceptable dollar level. That is so JR. They made a big deal about saying they wanted to sign him and then came in with an offer designed to do two things:

1)spell it out nice and clear who the boss is.

2)guarantee that the deal will never get signed and then be able to cry, "But we tried."

Ladies and Gentlemen - your fearless leader...

:reinsy
"I really wanted to sign Ar(chuckle)od. No amount of money... snort... giggle... was too much to get it done. He would have led to a championship... chortle... on the south side and after all that is the most (snicker) important (guffaw) thing (stop, I'm dying here) to me...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

NewyorkSoxFan
11-20-2002, 07:57 AM
If I have said it once, I have said it 1 million times. The Sox as has been pointed out never do anything to curry the favor of the media. When you know you are the #2 team in a market, you have to go above and beyond to get headlines and approval.

George Steinbrenner never allows the Mets to overshadow the Yankees, it is all about one-upmanship, and the Sox don't get it. They are such a stubborn organization (which stems from JR) they refuse to do anything that would suggest that they are concerned with what fans or the media thinks.

Win and they will come, fans, media, players, and everything that goes with it. These morons are waiting for 3 mill people to go through the turnstyle to watch this team, I don't think so. Then they will grant us with a primo free agent?

New ownership is the only solution, I only hope that it will happen in my lifetime.

NYSF

harwar
11-20-2002, 09:07 AM
I guess i'm used to being the poor cousin in Chicago.This is a cub town and there ain't nothing i can do about it.I don't read the tribune very much anyway.They still have pictures of the 2 guys who attacked the royals coach on the White Sox front page.They must know White Sox fans don't want to see that crap.As for Thome,i bet he'll end up with the phillies.They seem to want him the most.If the yankees didn't already have their big gun at first ,he would have gone to new york.

Dan H
11-20-2002, 06:03 PM
Iwritecode says:

I'm not saying Baker is going to "save" the Cubs (probably nothing can) but the fact is he's a three time Manager Of The Year Award winner in the last ten years, the Giants have made the playoffs what, three times since 97 (and barely missed a 4th trip losing to the Cubs in a wild card playoff game).

In fact he's the biggest off season news to hit Chicago this year.

The exact same thing would happen if Tony LaRussa were interested in returning to the Sox, it would be speculated on for weeks until it either did or did not return.

If you think the Baker thing is big, wait till you see what happens if the Cubs in fact start talking with someone like Pudge (I mean Ivan) Rodriguez.

I stand by my original statement. You want better publicity, DO something that warrents it. Start talking to Glavine or Maddux and make sure the papers know aboiut it.

Like Phil Rogers told me in his Q&A, the Sox DON'T return phone calls, that's part of the problem. Many times when the media do try to give them a "fair shake", they get hit with that "Sox bunker mentality". (i.e. Screw em' it's just the media and they're all against us...) you talk about paranoid delusions!

The Sox are one of the WORST marketed and PR conscious teams in MLB. Hurting them even more is the fact that while the Cubs are a joke on the field, they sure as hell know how to play the game off it.

Like it or not, that also includes stroking the media. (or to put it another way, when was the last time Uncle Jerry made himself available to answer questions about the Sox?)

Lip

I agree largely with this. When I tried to get permission to interview Paul Konerko for WSI two years ago, the Sox just didn't no, they screamed it at me. All I wanted to do was a little fluff piece introducing Konerko to Sox fans, and the organization wouldn't have any of it.

Secondly, I think the media has been a lot harder on Sox fans than the organization itself. There can be only so many stories about empty blue seats. Just saying fans are fair weather is not the whole story.

There is no way the media is fair to anyone in public life. People such as Jerry Reinsdorf will get the shaft one way or another no matter what. But carefully handling the media will produce a lot of damage control.

And when it comes down to it, if there is a real power struggle between the fans and the baseball establishment, we all know what side the media will end up on. Their careers depend on it.

ChiSoxBobette
11-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:angry:
Yesterday in the Sun-Times, I counted no less than SIX pages of Cubs coverage in the wake of Jesus Baker's hiring. At the same time, there were ZERO pages of White Sox coverage. Granted, we did not hire a manager or make any major moves over the weekend, but there has been torrential flooding of Cubbie Kool-Aid that is making me ill. It's as if the Cubs hired baseball's answer to Vince Lombardi or John Wooden, for Christ's sake! All the ass-clowns (Boers and Bernsie's term for Cub fans) are showing their usual delusional selves.
What you are saying is the godalmighty truth baby, what do these flub clowns think rusty baker is going to bring every top line free agent to the flubs. the idiot could'nt even put the Angels away when he had the chance in the world series. It's sickening how the Chicago media is playing up to this clown. According to todays papers the flubs , I guess because the flubs have dusty;are going to get Jim Thome, Jeff Kent, Ivan Rodriguez. For cri sakes they signed a manager is he going to play every positionand as far as I know about dusty he does'nt like playing rookies either hmmmm sounds like Baylor. I guess if Big Frank comes back to the Sox then we'll hear all the negative stuff about the Sox. Like Flappy North telling all of us Sox Fans to boycott the White Sox because Pauly had the nerve not to go the morons show. As far as I'm concerned they can all go to the urinal on the northside and stay there especially during the all-star game.I'n sur flappy north will be at the game sucking up and looking for some freebies.
Go Sox
:)

chisox06
11-20-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
What you are saying is the godalmighty truth baby, what do these flub clowns think rusty baker is going to bring every top line free agent to the flubs. the idiot could'nt even put the Angels away when he had the chance in the world series. It's sickening how the Chicago media is playing up to this clown. According to todays papers the flubs , I guess because the flubs have dusty;are going to get Jim Thome, Jeff Kent, Ivan Rodriguez. For cri sakes they signed a manager is he going to play every positionand as far as I know about dusty he does'nt like playing rookies either hmmmm sounds like Baylor. I guess if Big Frank comes back to the Sox then we'll hear all the negative stuff about the Sox. Like Flappy North telling all of us Sox Fans to boycott the White Sox because Pauly had the nerve not to go the morons show. As far as I'm concerned they can all go to the urinal on the northside and stay there especially during the all-star game.I'n sur flappy north will be at the game sucking up and looking for some freebies.
Go Sox
:)

Chisox Bob, that was sinister, but beautiful man. You should be a poet.