PDA

View Full Version : rosenthal on rowand and moyer

jeremyb1
11-17-2002, 09:41 PM
When will players learn? White Sox CF Aaron Rowand broke two ribs and required surgery for a broken shoulder blade after a dirt-bike accident. "He's got to be nuts," a scout says. "To have the job and then lose it . . . he may never get it back." Willie Harris or rookie Joe Borchard could open the season in center if Rowand is not ready. . . .

he also seemed to more or less name us as the team most interested in moyerMoyer is on the White Sox's wish list, represents a viable option for the Cubs and is a possible fallback for the Phillies if they don't sign Tom Glavine. The Cardinals and Cubs could join the Mets and Phillies in the Glavine sweepstakes. . . .

jcw218
11-17-2002, 09:49 PM
jeremyb1

will you please post link to article.

Thanks

WinningUgly!
11-17-2002, 10:57 PM
When will players learn? White Sox CF Aaron Rowand broke two ribs and required surgery for a broken shoulder blade after a dirt-bike accident. "He's got to be nuts," a scout says. "To have the job and then lose it . . . he may never get it back." Willie Harris or rookie Joe Borchard could open the season in center if Rowand is not ready. . . .

I'm sure Rowand is more pissed about the injury than anybody. It's not like the guy went out trying to wipe out & get hurt! He's a young guy, is he supposed to have no life at all during the offseason? I guess he should have been spending Oct.-Feb. living in a bubble.

jeremyb1
11-18-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by jcw218
jeremyb1

will you please post link to article.

Thanks

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/ken_rosenthal/20021117.html

rmusacch
11-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I'm sure Rowand is more pissed about the injury than anybody. It's not like the guy went out trying to wipe out & get hurt! He's a young guy, is he supposed to have no life at all during the offseason? I guess he should have been spending Oct.-Feb. living in a bubble.

When you are being paid all kinds of money to play a game, you should not be out riding dirt bikes. I am surprised it is not banned in his contract.

voodoochile
11-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
When you are being paid all kinds of money to play a game, you should not be out riding dirt bikes. I am surprised it is not banned in his contract.

I think you have to be paid a certain amount of money before they worry about you. Rowand makes what, $300K a year? No one cares if he gets hurt. Now PayRod is a different matter...

Maybe the Sox will be forced to spend some money on a good CF now... yeah right...